OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Geek Food

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 15th January 2008, 9:27 AM   #151
Rainey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsley View Post
Will have to take some pics for this thread the next time i do it.
Ummmmm....

YES

Sounds fantastic!

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 15th January 2008, 10:04 AM   #152
scon

Default Potato Pancakes topped with Poached Eggs, Wilted Spinach and Dijonaiise..

With all this talk of poached eggs... I thought I'd post this one - inspired by pretty much the same dish that I had at the Bondi Tratt.

Potato Pancakes topped with Smoked Salmon, Poached Eggs, Wilted Spinach and Dijonaiise.

Get some spuds, parboil them, they shouldn't quite be cooked the whole way thru, then grate them thickly and spread on a plate to cool and dry. Season with salt and pepper (you can also mix herbs through if you like)

Make the dijonaisse by putting 2 eggs in a blender with a dessertspoon each of white wine vinegar and lemon juice. Then turn on the blender and drizzle in hot melted butter till the sauce thickens. Add a couple of spoons dijon mustard till you get the flavour of the mustard through the sauce.

Get a small frypan, melt butter and a little oil in it and put half the potato mixture in, pushing down and forming a round cake, fry till the bottom is done, then put a plate over the frypan, flip it and slide back into the frypan. Put the first one in the oven while you're cooking the second.

While you're cooking the two pancakes, poach the eggs and either steam or boil the spinach until only just wilted.

To assemble, put the Potato pancakes on the plate top with smoked salmon, poached egg, wilted spinach and then drizzle with dijonnaise.

Final Product:
I'm pretty sure I've posted this before, but not entirely sure where.

Last edited by scon; 15th January 2008 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Forgot the Salmon! Duh! Thanks googlevich!
scon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2008, 10:14 AM   #153
googlevich

Quote:
Originally Posted by scon View Post
With all this talk of poached eggs... I thought I'd post this one - inspired by pretty much the same dish that I had at the Bondi Tratt.

Potato Pancakes topped with Poached Eggs, Wilted Spinach and Dijonaiise.

Get some spuds, parboil them, they shouldn't quite be cooked the whole way thru, then grate them thickly and spread on a plate to cool and dry. Season with salt and pepper (you can also mix herbs through if you like)

Make the dijonaisse by putting 2 eggs in a blender with a dessertspoon each of white wine vinegar and lemon juice. Then turn on the blender and drizzle in hot melted butter till the sauce thickens. Add a couple of spoons dijon mustard till you get the flavour of the mustard through the sauce.

Get a small frypan, melt butter and a little oil in it and put half the potato mixture in, pushing down and forming a round cake, fry till the bottom is done, then put a plate over the frypan, flip it and slide back into the frypan. Put the first one in the oven while you're cooking the second.

While you're cooking the two pancakes, poach the eggs and either steam or boil the spinach until only just wilted.

To assemble, put the Potato pancakes on the plate, top with poached egg, wilted spinach and then drizzle with dijonnaise.

Final Product:
I'm pretty sure I've posted this before, but not entirely sure where.
Looks fantastic. But I don't think the picture is showing it with poached eggs, looks more like smoked salmon to me? But I do agree that poached egg would work just as well .

OCAU ADMIN ACTION FORM
Action taken by: Ma Baker

This form details the modifications made to this thread or post.

Action Taken: Post edited, IMG Tags removed.
Reason for Action: Please do not quote images.

Last edited by Ma Baker; 17th January 2008 at 8:38 AM.
googlevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2008, 10:54 AM   #154
scon

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlevich View Post
Looks fantastic. But I don't think the picture is showing it with poached eggs, looks more like smoked salmon to me? But I do agree that poached egg would work just as well .
Whoops, forgot to add the salmon in the recipe... there is an egg in there, it's buried under all the spinach though! I'll change the recipe.
scon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2008, 12:46 PM   #155
Rainey

Droool!!! Salmon makes me weak at the knees, lol.
Old 15th January 2008, 8:41 PM   #156
i_often

Quote:
Originally Posted by copious View Post
lol everyone says that to me, some bad photography but we were eating outside on a hot evening. The pizza is actually on a white plate which is sitting on a milkcrate O_o
Just made some of your pizza. Was hella nice, as expected. Didn't get basil because, well I felt weird buying dried leaves. That was the only basil I could find. /shrugs

I can't believe I've never tried bocconcini before! It is my new cheese-love.
i_often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2008, 9:36 PM   #157
copious

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_often View Post
Just made some of your pizza. Was hella nice, as expected. Didn't get basil because, well I felt weird buying dried leaves. That was the only basil I could find. /shrugs

I can't believe I've never tried bocconcini before! It is my new cheese-love.
Nice work, thanks and glad you liked it.

I grow my own basil, it's really easy and they basically look after themselves if you water them every couple of days. You dont even need a patch in the garden just grow them as pot plants even indoors.
Old 16th January 2008, 12:08 AM   #158
leroyxx

damn, nice foods in here, nice thread as well... will have to see if i cant add to it..

was about to have a go at the person that came home with 90 fish, but then they explained that there was 14 people in the crew... all good!!

hrm... now im hungry.
I run the FOTM Stopped Chimp Challenge Captain 2010/2011/2012 Addicted to Folding Club Member #1458
Folding@Home 90,000,000 Points Milestone Folding@Home Millionaires Club IFOTY 2011/2012
leroyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 12:22 AM   #159
Phat Devil

Hmmm I should have taken a pic of the dark chocolate creme brulee i made last week.

Next time i'll take some pics
Phat Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 3:06 PM   #160
jujibelly

(Agg edit: raar raar, I'm angry internet man! raar! raar! look at me fly off the handle at the slightest provocation! raar I say!)

Last edited by Agg; 17th January 2008 at 12:37 AM.
jujibelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 11:40 PM   #161
platinum

just in time for australia day, some more nice roast lamb

Easy Recipe Book
platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2008, 2:22 AM   #162
jujibelly

That looks real nice mate, love the pink in the meat.

Last edited by Ma Baker; 17th January 2008 at 8:40 AM. Reason: Quote and reply to quote removed.
jujibelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2008, 1:46 AM   #163
EagleBoy1

Instead of one public holiday, we need seven. Instead of one lamb barbie, we need 21.

So, this Australia Day, make sure you have lamb!
EagleBoy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 10:21 PM   #164
platinum

Well, continuing on the lamb theme, here's a herb crusted rack of lamb (served with baby tomatos, shallots and roasted squash), bloody beautiful moite.

Easy Recipe Book
platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:04 AM   #165
Active Snail

Caught possibly THE biggest Mangrove Jack i have ever seen last night. Took me a good 20 minutes to get bastard in. He would have been a good 2.5-3~ kg's, a rare fish to be caught at this size, nothing short of a monster. Caught him in my backyard. Perfect oppurtunity to make one of favourite fish baked dinners. Baked Mangrove Jack Stuffed with Capers, Dill, Thyme, Chilli and Cherry Tomatoes. Fed 9 people.

Southampton FC - Come on Saints!!! >>> Diablo 3 - BIGT#1809

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hater View Post
This thread is painful. Just stock up on hentai and forget about it, seriously.
Active Snail is offline   Reply With Quote