Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Business & Enterprise Computing

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old Today, 12:48 PM   #23941
PabloEscobar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSanity View Post
Jim, I'll copypasta my reply for you;
Good people can work for terrible business models.

It doesn't change the fact that the business model is terrible.

Smaller MSP's must maintain an acceptable level of service, but that simply can't scale.

So while I'm paying an MSP for NSanity level service... the truth is, BigMSP has whored NSanity out to so many other businesses, that you can't provide me that level of service, and the next guy that takes my call, probably doesn't have the same work ethic as you.
PabloEscobar is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old Today, 12:49 PM   #23942
Foliage

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis View Post
I love what the Europeans are doing by combining early child care with elderly care.
http://theconversation.com/combining...erations-70724

I didn't even know it was a thing but it makes so much sense.
Old Today, 12:59 PM   #23943
EvilGenius

Quote:
I don't think it's beyond repair. I might be a giant fucking misanthrope, but I'm certain we can make things better from here.

All that's required is change, and that means people not afraid of change. There-in lies the problem with the current generation. But the next generation are still blank slates, and can be better than us, if we allow it.
On the other hand I think society is already changing, just in the wrong direction. Some time around the baby boomers it was decided kids needed to be wrapped in cotton wool and we're left with this 'won't someone think of the children' mentality which is screwing the world over one undisciplined brat at a time.
Wanted - N64 console - decent controller/s
EvilGenius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 5:57 PM   #23944
GumbyNoTalent

Quote:
Today's WTF moment: our AV picked up a keylogger installed with audio drivers that the manufacturer explains "captures keystrokes to help with debugging".

Get the fuck outta here.
needed a good laugh thx.
GumbyNoTalent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 6:28 PM   #23945
elvis Thread Starter
Old school old fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
On the other hand I think society is already changing, just in the wrong direction. Some time around the baby boomers it was decided kids needed to be wrapped in cotton wool and we're left with this 'won't someone think of the children' mentality which is screwing the world over one undisciplined brat at a time.
Agreed, although I don't necessarily blame boomers. I'm seeing a very different split lately that's less about age. The Internet hastily calls them "Social Justice Warriors", but I think it's deeper than that. There's an odd mob mentality going on that's crossing age, gender and race lines, and is bringing about a rise of the quite aggressive extreme authoritarian left.

Whether that's a knee-jerk reaction to the extreme libertarian right that started with the KKK and Wall Street and ended up with an orange buffoon with narcissistic personality disorder as "prez of the world", I don't know. But I have great concern over the growing need for these people to control everything everyone else thinks and says and avoid all and any intelligent and more importantly calm discussion on topics because they fear a minority (ironic, when you think about it).

But meh, that's all political as fuck, and I hate that shit more than I hate people. One day I'll just open my own school, and fix the problem in my own back yard at least. Me, a handful of Raspberry Pis, and an Internet link to Khan Academy.