OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 29th July 2017, 3:04 PM   #541
tangcla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Hhhmm.. Amex is *the* option for various reasons. Including having enough points on Amex to make it a free purchase.. I could do it through Paypal which is also linked to my Amex, but man, the conversion fees with Paypal are horrid in comparison...

May have to do a ticket.. Argh...

Z...
You could do it via Paypal and don't allow it to convert (rely on your card).

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L II | 24-70mm f/2.8L II | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
200mm f/2.0L IS | 100mm f/2.8L IS macro
tangcla is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 29th July 2017, 5:34 PM   #542
Zee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcla View Post
You could do it via Paypal and don't allow it to convert (rely on your card).
Good point, may just try that, cheers.

Z...
Old 7th August 2017, 7:30 PM   #543
poleposition

Was wondering if anyone has any monitor clip options to put the Sensor onto?

I saw this DIY Link below that is quite useful
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comm...ep&sh=5ee5e04b

poleposition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 7:37 PM   #544
tangcla

Quote:
Originally Posted by poleposition View Post
Was wondering if anyone has any monitor clip options to put the Sensor onto?

I saw this DIY Link below that is quite useful
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comm...ep&sh=5ee5e04b

Buy a magic arm from eBay or Aliexpress.

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L II | 24-70mm f/2.8L II | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
Old 13th August 2017, 11:16 AM   #545
Zee

Fark me, they really don't want me to buy one of these things.

I finally got an order placed, and accepted, and confirmed.. Now they decide to cancel it (without reason) 24hrs later. This is driving me mad...

Z...
Old 13th August 2017, 11:44 AM   #546
Pic0o

Quote:
Fark me, they really don't want me to buy one of these things.

I finally got an order placed, and accepted, and confirmed.. Now they decide to cancel it (without reason) 24hrs later. This is driving me mad...

Z...
Especially since it looks you ordered from them direct and got this drop to deliver, have you sent their social network accounts a like of your purchase issues? I have had good luck with RMA processing when the main support is just shrugging an issue off.
That sucks to treat your purchase like that. They obviously had distribution issues and the local store here has the re-designed kit for non-summer promo pricing still up. Good luck because that's a shit thing they tried to pull canceling your ship date.

Edit: Yes I had most luck with FB pages but twitter might work too. There is a quote along the lines of "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after sweetness of low price is forgotten." If they want a long-horse in the VR race they should accommodate their customers, or (ideally anyhow), competitors will happily sweep up the people burned by them. It's not as if the HTC equipment is not comparable and also still making new products.

Last edited by Pic0o; 14th August 2017 at 6:08 AM. Reason: FB or Twitter
Pic0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 11:54 AM   #547
Zee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pic0o View Post
Especially since it looks you ordered from them direct and got this drop to deliver, have you sent their social network accounts a like of your purchase issues? I have had good luck with RMA processing when the main support is just shrugging an issue off.
That sucks to treat your purchase like that. They obviously had distribution issues and the local store here has the re-designed kit for non-summer promo pricing still up. Good luck because that's a shit thing they tried to pull canceling your ship date.
If they'd at least give a reason, like "Hey, we out of stock, tough shit yo", I'd be ok with it. But, it's just no reason. If it weren't such a good deal....

Anyway, another ticket raised, not that I got too far with the first one. Which social media site do you suggest? I presume Facebook....

Z...
Old 13th August 2017, 12:09 PM   #548
Xenomorph

Quote:
If they'd at least give a reason, like "Hey, we out of stock, tough shit yo", I'd be ok with it. But, it's just no reason. If it weren't such a good deal....

Anyway, another ticket raised, not that I got too far with the first one. Which social media site do you suggest? I presume Facebook....

Z...
It looks like a lot of people have been canceling their orders through Oculus store due to their delays and complete lack of communication, especially since it is only $20 or so more to get them from Amazon who have them in stock and have much better service. Might be an easier option for you than trying to get support from Oculus.
Old 14th August 2017, 10:02 AM   #549
emett

Has VR taken off yet?
Old 14th August 2017, 10:08 AM   #550
chargin

Quote:
Originally Posted by emett View Post
Has VR taken off yet?
It has for me. Ive taken it off my head and left it under the desk. Its been gathering dust for 6 months. I just find gaming on a monitor easier. Was sort of just a novelty for me.
chargin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2017, 1:03 PM   #551
Murmandamus

It has for me. I use it 3-4 times a week. Plenty of good games out now. Probably about 80/20 ratio between racing sims/regular games. I've spent more on VR games this year than flat games.
Murmandamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2017, 1:49 PM   #552
Pic0o

The content creation tools are fun too. I have spent some funds on games too and many of them are shorter plays. The realm of depth is really fun. Market seems to be getting more games and content out too.

Google maps is a blast to dork around in, so long as the area you visit has topographical map data. Cuba does not have 3d maps at this time
Chronos was one of the most enjoyable and longer dungeon crawl games I played so far. Serious Sam is intense but like most VR shooters, goes with being stationary, where others move by d-pad teleportation.
You can play existing non-VR games in VR but it will not be as polished as a native VR release and frame rate issues may be rough for GTA V or Fallout 4 via VorpX.
Old 14th August 2017, 2:01 PM   #553
tangcla

How is VorpX?

Old 15th August 2017, 12:51 AM   #554
Pic0o

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcla View Post
How is VorpX?
It's cool to mess with but I haven't had good enough performance to actually play for an extended period in a game. Geometry 3D looks amazing but butchers performance, even at lower resolutions. Z-normal was close to playable in Fallout 4 with my 980 GTX but GTA V is still a beast and does not maintain 45 frames (and set to recommended graphic settings) with a 1080 Ti.

I will try out Fallout again, but so far I consider VorpX more of a demo software/ / prototype because you will feel ill if you try to play when getting less than 45 FPS per eye. I have to try and tweak it for better performance but that is my current stance on it.
Old 15th August 2017, 10:58 AM   #555
Zee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
It looks like a lot of people have been canceling their orders through Oculus store due to their delays and complete lack of communication, especially since it is only $20 or so more to get them from Amazon who have them in stock and have much better service. Might be an easier option for you than trying to get support from Oculus.
Ended up doing this. It's been 4 days since I put my ticket in about my cancelled order, and not much feedback apart from "yeah, we'll look at it".

Seeing as the $AU seems to be on a downward slide, I figured I may as well get it done sooner rather than later.

I think I'll be going with *not* oculus for the next gen. I still think the Vive has a much better tracking system, but hard to argue at the price!

Z...