OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 20th July 2017, 11:20 AM   #2551
Matthew kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
I went pretty similar, except Fnatic to beat Gambit. I didn't do well with picking the legendary teams though.
I have no hope for fnatic, only because this isn't 2k15 flusha playing and he is average nowadays, but again depending on the map I could be surprised. Gambit has no real dedicated awper like fnatic does with JW and olof, but they have dosia and Andren whom are strong entry/clutch rifle fraggers.

I'm really surprised Big is doing well but they have players who people have been suspected for cheating on online ESEA pro matches for quite a while now.

I fucked my groupstage pickings though, I was hoping Faze make it out of groupstage but nada.

EDIT: I have 18 points for the group stage pick'em's.

So my overall predictions are, Gambit vs SK = Gambit wins. Big vs VP = VP wins. Gambit vs VP = VP wins? Fuck I duno.
Intel i7 3960X @ 4.7GHZ - Noctua NH-D14 | 16GB OCZ Platinum Series DDR3 1600MHZ | Asus Rampage IV Extreme (4901 bios) | Zotac AMP! Edition GTX 980 Ti | PNY GTX 465 unlocked to 470 | Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro with LME47920's opamps | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB | OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB| 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green, 4 x 2TB Seagate LP | Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250watt | Antec P280 + Veris Elite | LG BD Rewriter

Last edited by Matthew kane; 20th July 2017 at 11:47 AM.
Matthew kane is online now   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 20th July 2017, 9:40 PM   #2552
Leigh M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew kane View Post
You just don't get it do you? It is good for the esport because it means they'll push out more content for the game, fake inflated view counts or not and out of the 300k plus people watching the game only a small percentage of people are using more then one account because most of the audience are 13-16 year olds.
If you think they're going to push out more content based on views then you're delusional. Look how long it took for the operation to come out and the game was getting a fuck tonne of views. If you think the majority of viewers are 13-16 year olds you really haven't got any idea what you're even talking about and it's not even worth my time telling you how wrong you are.
Leigh M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2017, 9:19 AM   #2553
The Panda

Quote:
I have no hope for fnatic, only because this isn't 2k15 flusha playing and he is average nowadays, but again depending on the map I could be surprised. Gambit has no real dedicated awper like fnatic does with JW and olof, but they have dosia and Andren whom are strong entry/clutch rifle fraggers.
Dosia rarely plays as an entry fragger. Most of the time he is a lurker/support depending on the set-up. And Mou is their dedicated AWP. Do you not watch the games?
The Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2017, 9:26 AM   #2554
Matthew kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh M View Post
If you think they're going to push out more content based on views then you're delusional. Look how long it took for the operation to come out and the game was getting a fuck tonne of views. If you think the majority of viewers are 13-16 year olds you really haven't got any idea what you're even talking about and it's not even worth my time telling you how wrong you are.
What a bunch of spewed shit, if you really think the majority of livestream viewers aren't teens then you obviously haven't been playing this game long nor do you have any idea of the age demographics of people that play and watch this game.

The only specified reason that I have seen mentioned for the delay of latest operation was Valve being more focused VR content due to the last 2 years or so of interest in VR gaming, not too mention they pushed out a bunch of major changes to the game (sound update, weapon changes and the major hitbox update) past year and half. By content its mostly esport and eleague games, nobbody gives a fuck about community matchmaking, most of the money is made via eleague stuff, hence why there are more competitions, bigger prizes and more competitive teams making into the eleague scene nowadays compared to the first Dreamhack that hosted the major event which I was there to watch.

The world doesn't rotate around your assumption and opinion unfortunately.
Intel i7 3960X @ 4.7GHZ - Noctua NH-D14 | 16GB OCZ Platinum Series DDR3 1600MHZ | Asus Rampage IV Extreme (4901 bios) | Zotac AMP! Edition GTX 980 Ti | PNY GTX 465 unlocked to 470 | Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro with LME47920's opamps | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB | OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB| 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green, 4 x 2TB Seagate LP | Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250watt | Antec P280 + Veris Elite | LG BD Rewriter

Last edited by Matthew kane; 21st July 2017 at 9:39 AM.
Old 21st July 2017, 9:31 AM   #2555
Matthew kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Panda View Post
Dosia rarely plays as an entry fragger. Most of the time he is a lurker/support depending on the set-up. And Mou is their dedicated AWP. Do you not watch the games?
Never said he does which is why I put both entry and clutch rifler within the same sentence for both him and andren. He is generally support but if it is an eco round and 1 person forcebuys a rifle it usually goes to andren first who will go for the first pick, if andren is low hp or dead then dosia will take role of support rifler or entry (depending on who is alive on the team) onto site for the guys to plant and that may leave a case of a 2v1 or such clutch round to stop the bomb from being defused.

This was all evidently seen in the first Gambit vs Mousports inferno match as well as the cache game game against VP (from memory) at the Atlanta major.
Old 21st July 2017, 2:00 PM   #2556
The Panda

Quote:
Never said he does which is why I put both entry and clutch rifler within the same sentence for both him and andren. He is generally support but if it is an eco round and 1 person forcebuys a rifle it usually goes to andren first who will go for the first pick, if andren is low hp or dead then dosia will take role of support rifler or entry (depending on who is alive on the team) onto site for the guys to plant and that may leave a case of a 2v1 or such clutch round to stop the bomb from being defused.

This was all evidently seen in the first Gambit vs Mousports inferno match as well as the cache game game against VP (from memory) at the Atlanta major.
From your post
Quote:
but they have dosia and Andren whom are strong entry/clutch rifle fraggers
You can't just call someone an entry/clutch player. Those are two entirely different roles. The last guy alive is more likely to be support player or a lurk because they arrive last at the site.

Forcebuys are dependent on who has the money to drop the AK. Obviously you would prefer that the best rifler has the AK, but it doesn't always work out that way. It's not really a good way to frame a players role because he got a rifle on a second round force-up.

Dosia is a support player who does lurk. That is his role. Hobbit is the general entry player alongside mou's AWP.
The Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2017, 2:43 PM   #2557
tkxmoe

Quote:
I'm really surprised Big is doing well but they have players who people have been suspected for cheating on online ESEA pro matches for quite a while now.
Source? I havent heard this before
Trades with: slurpee86, Heywood, yoink, JonBob, Maverick, namco, ][CEMAN, omad, 18Googol2, oopy, uneverno, kumquat, bthomass, 18Googol2 (again), H[]R3NDUS, konvulse, dingaling, Vladdo, Selekta, nsynchk, fewtuRe, digicam28, ralfmuller, danstheman, vatofale, TheAnswer, achimw, DJSimmo, no1joey, enigma48, jmeister, Soliah,kuy_008,MrRevhead,Drunkmunky,cewing,momita, ideas_man69,toliman, adante, WooKiE_MaN, sobie2000
tkxmoe is offline   Reply With Quote