Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > General Topics > Troubleshooting Help

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 18th February 2017, 5:35 PM   #16
demiurge3141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phitec View Post
i have checked the clocks, they are running as per factory oc's

i have just done heaven benchmark on both pcs and her's is underperforming by a lot!

pix

will be switching ram and gpus to benchmark again tonight!
You can start swapping bits to see which is causing the problem.
demiurge3141 is online now   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 18th February 2017, 8:53 PM   #17
Phitec Thread Starter

so i just swapped my gpu and ram over to my gfs pc, and it still performs poorly (even slightly worse). that should mean that the issue is something a long the lines of a driver/software clash? i will get a spare ssd, and install fresh windows 10 + drivers etc and test then, if that works normally then yay! would mean i just need to format gfs ssd, if it doesn't then......... i don't know haha, will keep you guys updated incase anyones following
Phitec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2017, 11:29 PM   #18
MoonSha

Quote:
so i just swapped my gpu and ram over to my gfs pc, and it still performs poorly (even slightly worse). that should mean that the issue is something a long the lines of a driver/software clash? i will get a spare ssd, and install fresh windows 10 + drivers etc and test then, if that works normally then yay! would mean i just need to format gfs ssd, if it doesn't then......... i don't know haha, will keep you guys updated incase anyones following
Is it this? https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/co...bus_interface/

Trades: Dimtar, vine-au, Tomee, DaFugg, Stax, kung-f00-kamel, Crambo, kooliez, luke_o, cysp. Over $1800
MoonSha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2017, 12:58 PM   #19
Phitec Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSha View Post
checked that, thats not it
Phitec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2017, 1:26 PM   #20
dragonFLAME

Mobo got the latest BIOS?
dragonFLAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2017, 12:40 PM   #21
warhead

A less than ideal way to check; swap OS drives.

The two systems are similar enough that windows should load. If you want, you could pre-install each other's chipset drivers that way windows will load these automatically rather than trying to find them on WU.

Back in the old days of the TNT32, I found that that my keyboard hotkey utility was causing major frame drop issues. It could be a simple innocuous task running in the background on her machine.

If you eliminate/stop every background task that's not essential and the game still runs poorly but runs fine when you load your HDD in then I would even look at malware scanning, potentially be a hidden gpu miner running somewhere stealing a few clock cycles.
Old 24th February 2017, 12:57 PM   #22
ORiGINAL

Not plugged into the Intel onboard gfx?
Try disabling that completely from BIOS as well.

It comes up first in the list of devices in your benchmark screenshot which concerns me. May be unwarranted but another thing to add to the list to check.
ORiGINAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2017, 12:58 PM   #23
bennyg

Quote:
i have checked the clocks, they are running as per factory oc's

i have just done heaven benchmark on both pcs and her's is underperforming by a lot!

pix

will be switching ram and gpus to benchmark again tonight!
That screenshot suggests to me your GF's PC is running graphics off the CPU's integrated GPU not the 770

That would totally explain it

edit: beaten
bennyg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2017, 2:14 PM   #24
Potplanty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyg View Post
That screenshot suggests to me your GF's PC is running graphics off the CPU's integrated GPU not the 770

That would totally explain it

edit: beaten
This. It's pulling all the grunt (or lack of) from your integrated. This is why you should disable iGPU in BIOS entirely.
Old 24th February 2017, 2:29 PM   #25
tree86ers

i know it has been said a few times but update the BIOS first then turn the iGPU off.

would seem from the results from testing that it is related to the mobo/cpu combo that is causing the dip.
apart from swapping CPU's to confirm it is highly likely there is some config on the motherboard that is causing the problem.

what model is the z97 motherboard?
tree86ers is offline   Reply With Quote