Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Manufacturer-specific Forums > AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old Today, 9:59 AM   #1786
TaroT

yes we need reviews of the other boards but for now i,m happy with my choice.
one thing i want to see is how the B350.s do with these bigger chips features etc...they could be a dark horse....teamed with a cheap 1700 hey that is what a 500 16 core multithreaded monster

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old Today, 10:07 AM   #1787
mAJORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaroT View Post
i think it would be a good idea to watch this thread...or steal all their stuff

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=412876
good find!, will link it in the info thread. Rather than reinvent the wheel.

Just on R5/R3 , R5's are confirmed Q2, R3's are Q3
mAJORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:01 AM   #1788
MUTMAN

speaking of links
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
now with AUD pricing and links to the manufacturers page
MUTMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:22 AM   #1789
HobartTas

I understand most people wanting to support AMD so there is competition but I don't get people already rushing out and ordering these boards and cpu's without knowing what their gaming performance is going to be. I'm sorry but highly selective (and I'd even say misleading by omission) R15 multi-threaded benchmarks and single-threaded IPC benchmarks don't mean anything useful or relevant to me.

The first game benchmark GTA5 shows a stock 7700K vs stock R7 1700 shows avg. fps of 89 vs 85 which at face value looks comparable. I could excuse the highest fps of 170 vs 132 but the min fps of 38 vs 28 is a disaster as this could be the difference between smooth gameplay and jerky as 10 fps is too high a difference for those already low min fps rates.
HobartTas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:26 AM   #1790
Sipheren

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobartTas View Post
I understand most people wanting to support AMD so there is competition but I don't get people already rushing out and ordering these boards and cpu's without knowing what their gaming performance is going to be. I'm sorry but highly selective (and I'd even say misleading by omission) R15 multi-threaded benchmarks and single-threaded IPC benchmarks don't mean anything useful or relevant to me.

The first game benchmark GTA5 shows a stock 7700K vs stock R7 1700 shows avg. fps of 89 vs 85 which at face value looks comparable. I could excuse the highest fps of 170 vs 132 but the min fps of 38 vs 28 is a disaster as this could be the difference between smooth gameplay and jerky as 10 fps is too high a difference for those already low min fps rates.

I think common logic suggest that the Ryzen chip is on par (clock for clock) with the latest Intel.

So if you clock it the same it will run games the same, no massive leaps of faith to work that out, the issue for me is, how well will the 1700 clock and what board do I need.

So I am waiting for some benchmarks, but I am also pretty set on getting the thing, I have said before, a few % difference in gaming isnt worth shitting on the industry over imo.
Sipheren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:50 AM   #1791
ipv6ready

I'm waiting for content creation benches and adobe works well compared to IVY I might buy it, though maybe I will wait for intels response.

I'm not an AMD or an Intel fan but I'm am mindful that 50% IPC jump is only a leap compared to crappy last gen AMD to not something that is comparable to current intel.

Having said that if I can clearly get minimum 50% gain for less than $700 than I'm buying.
MSI Z77a-GD80, Cosmos II, i7-3770k, Swiftech H240-X, Gigabyte G1 GTX1070, G.Skill 32mb 1600, 256GB Samsung Pro 840, 120GB Sandisk Extreme, LSi 9261, 8 x 1TB WB Black HDD, Seasonic 660w Platinum, Cyberpower UPS
ipv6ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:58 AM   #1792
TaroT

based on what i,m seeing
http://www.mobipicker.com/amd-ryzen-...ce-benchmarks/

real games not poorly coded crap like gtav

will be just fine.
now before you say anything yes the 7700k is faster because of pure speed than the 1700x
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/...Elite_4/4.html
for reference(single cards but easy to figure out)

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...r-Elite-4-Test

look down till you find the 4k dx12 results and look for the 480 crossfire score.

that score is with a 4.6 gig 5960 so if that video is set the same ingame all very impressive.

These are what i am basing it on that and the fact i hate Intel and i want off the blue rollercoaster.
Old Today, 12:10 PM   #1793
mAJORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobartTas View Post

Well I don't think anyone who's pre-ordered a 1700 is under any illusions that , with a ~25%+ clockspeed disadvantage + a small IPC disadvantage that it would be competitive in Games that don't utilize 4+threads (such as GTAV) . Common logic indeed.

Secondly. Both 28 and 37FPS is 'disastrous.'

Thirdly. With a clear test data issue - (i.e an OC'd 7700k gaining 26% higher min FPS from a ~16% clockspeed increase) It's hard to say exactly how much lower min FPS really is. Note i'm not having a go at the tester, it's extremely difficuly to get accurate min FPS data. The point is you need many benchmark runs to get a trend from . Clockpeed scaling is a good indicator of valid data.
mAJORD is offline   Reply With Quote