Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > Programming & Software Development

Notices

Old 9th September 2017, 10:24 PM   #1
Ravennoir Thread Starter

Default Good resources for learning C# for Unity

Hey Everyone,

So I have just started teaching myself Unity, and although I feeling like I am getting it, the C# stuff i feel im lacking in

I have been working in IT for about 15 years, but always as a Admin\Engineer and although I write scripts with Powershell and some basic VB, I have never "coded"

Because of what ive done in powershell, I kinda get the jist of what is going on, but feel like I need to start learning more

Im wondering if anyone has some good resources to get me started

Thanks
PSN ID : Ravennoir - BattleTag : Ravennoir#1705
Ravennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2017, 5:30 AM   #2
rjwillers

I have started software development in c# 2.0 and throughout this time I have read and watched many software articles and tutorials. From this I would recommend you follow this man who I've watched over the past 8 years. Check out his Pluralsight tutorials which are full of great info, followed by examples to follow, allowing you gather a good understanding on the topic presented.

http://odetocode.com/about/scott-allen
Scott has worked on everything from 8-bit embedded devices to large scale web sites during his 15+ years in commercial software development. Since 2001, Scott has focused on server-side and web technologies, like ASP.NET, ASP.NET AJAX, Windows Workflow, Silverlight, and LINQ. Scott is also a speaker at national conferences like VSLive!, as well as code camps and user groups near his hometown of Hagerstown, MD.

Scott has been recognized as a Microsoft MVP since 2005, and has written or co-authored several books on Microsoft technologies. Scott founded the site OdeToCode.com in 2004, and joined Pluralsight in 2007.
rjwillers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2017, 5:26 PM   #3
Ravennoir Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwillers View Post
I have started software development in c# 2.0 and throughout this time I have read and watched many software articles and tutorials. From this I would recommend you follow this man who I've watched over the past 8 years. Check out his Pluralsight tutorials which are full of great info, followed by examples to follow, allowing you gather a good understanding on the topic presented.

Scott has worked on everything from 8-bit embedded devices to large scale web sites during his 15+ years in commercial software development. Since 2001, Scott has focused on server-side and web technologies, like ASP.NET, ASP.NET AJAX, Windows Workflow, Silverlight, and LINQ. Scott is also a speaker at national conferences like VSLive!, as well as code camps and user groups near his hometown of Hagerstown, MD.

Scott has been recognized as a Microsoft MVP since 2005, and has written or co-authored several books on Microsoft technologies. Scott founded the site OdeToCode.com in 2004, and joined Pluralsight in 2007.

Cool thanks, ill check this out
Old 11th September 2017, 1:25 PM   #4
^catalyst

I've been doing these :

C# Fundamentals with Bob Tabor, microsoft.com

And learning on the job.

Bob is pretty good, he knows when to skip over something and when to go in to detail which is really important for me the way I learn.
^catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2017, 1:40 PM   #5
waltermitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwillers View Post

hello scott @ OdeToShill
waltermitty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2017, 4:06 PM   #6
Ravennoir Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^catalyst View Post
I've been doing these :

C# Fundamentals with Bob Tabor, microsoft.com

And learning on the job.

Bob is pretty good, he knows when to skip over something and when to go in to detail which is really important for me the way I learn.
These look great thanks