Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > Windows Operating Systems

Notices

Old 15th May 2015, 12:11 AM   #1501
chainbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by martini.txt View Post
Didn't have the issues before on the same hardware and haven't had them since.

Pretty weird though.

Gaming performance was also quite bad (probably gpu driver related)
Anyway, it' still preview. Today I was running in a lot of trouble just by switching from desktop to tablet mode and back. I had to "reset" the installation.
chainbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 5:23 AM   #1502
MR CHILLED Thread Starter
D'oh!

Quote:
Anyway, it' still preview. Today I was running in a lot of trouble just by switching from desktop to tablet mode and back. I had to "reset" the installation.
No issues like that here. All good.
Old 15th May 2015, 3:43 PM   #1503
chainbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEscobar View Post
1990 - 2015 - The Year of Linux on the Desktop.
That's 15 years. No?
Old 15th May 2015, 7:28 PM   #1504
Sphinx2000

That's the joke.
Sphinx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 7:54 PM   #1505
chainbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx2000 View Post
That's the joke.
oooh, brain is slow. Now I get it. Good joke. I anyway never warmed up for Linux.
Old 15th May 2015, 8:32 PM   #1506
Cigaweedz

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainbolt View Post
That's 15 years. No?
I'm not slow on the uptake so I'm pretty sure that's 25 years.
Cigaweedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2015, 5:25 AM   #1507
Cool Barn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nian View Post
I have the parts to a new system and was thinking of installing Windows 10. Is it a viable OS for a primary pc now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by martini.txt View Post
Not in my opinion. Constant memory errors and bugs with graphics drivers. Rand reboots followed by 40 minute boot times... Shit was whack. Loaded 8.1 back on not long ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainbolt View Post
No, it's not. Too early. It's still preview status, not all features available, and just today my notebook crashed, when I switched between desktop and tablet mode. Anyway, the current builds will all expire soon.

Mr Chilled said his was issue-free, so that's at least positive. Is anybody concerned that the OS is rumoured to be out in two months time but there are still a few issues needing to be fixed?

I know OS development is always being worked on and will always have some small bugs. Windows 7 had quite a few updates already when it was released in October 2009. But it was RTM three months prior to that and extremely stable. Seems to be a little different this time around.

(Or is nearly everybody having great success with it in its current state and have no need to praise it? Will everything just be alright on the night )
Cool Barn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2015, 7:00 AM   #1508
Bold Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Barn View Post
Mr Chilled said his was issue-free, so that's at least positive. Is anybody concerned that the OS is rumoured to be out in two months time but there are still a few issues needing to be fixed?

I know OS development is always being worked on and will always have some small bugs. Windows 7 had quite a few updates already when it was released in October 2009. But it was RTM three months prior to that and extremely stable. Seems to be a little different this time around.

(Or is nearly everybody having great success with it in its current state and have no need to praise it? Will everything just be alright on the night )
Using it on my HTPC it has done everything I have thrown at it without any significant incidents, crashes or "catastrophic failures" (i.e. complete corruption of OS). It has been "buggy" with some impairment of normal activities but it is coming across as a "very mature" product ready for RTM . I am enjoying every aspect of it so far and very eager to install it on my primary everyday use/gaming PC.
Old 16th May 2015, 7:28 AM   #1509
D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Barn View Post
I think there are definitely issues with it, I just haven't used it enough to find them I reckon. But otherwise just general browsing, watching a video, downloading....all seems fine right now.
Old 16th May 2015, 11:19 AM   #1510
Nitephyre

I'm with Chilled... it's been my daily driver since it came out. It has it's little issues here and there, but I'm mainly browsing, emailing, Minecrafting etc, so not really a power user
Quote:
Originally Posted by benmagga View Post
There aren't too many things you can cuddle and BBQ
Nitephyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2015, 3:15 PM   #1511
chainbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Eagle View Post
Using it on my HTPC it has done everything I have thrown at it without any significant incidents, crashes or "catastrophic failures" (i.e. complete corruption of OS). It has been "buggy" with some impairment of normal activities but it is coming across as a "very mature" product ready for RTM . I am enjoying every aspect of it so far and very eager to install it on my primary everyday use/gaming PC.
Basically I agree. But then there are still bugs. As I said, the other day I got a freezing when changing between desktop and tablet mode. My notebook doubles as tablet. It's a Microsoft Windows Touch Test Lab (WTTL) certified device.
Old 16th May 2015, 4:42 PM   #1512
Aggle

Is there anyway to turn off the "low memory" error. It crashes GTA V every time. It never use to do that.
Aggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2015, 5:00 PM   #1513
Cigaweedz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggle View Post
Is there anyway to turn off the "low memory" error. It crashes GTA V every time. It never use to do that.
What 10 build are you currently using? #10074? Have you tried setting your GTAV.exe's memory priorty to Realtime?

Just trying to provide a solution since I've never personally experienced a low memory error before from any program that I've used.

Last edited by Cigaweedz; 16th May 2015 at 5:12 PM.
Cigaweedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2015, 5:38 PM   #1514
D'oh!

Quote:
What are your specs Aggle??
Old 16th May 2015, 5:52 PM   #1515
chainbolt

Quote:
Is there anyway to turn off the "low memory" error.
How does this error show up?