Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Video Cards & Monitors

Notices

Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM   #4171
terroristone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazor View Post
My issue is probably having the same P6/P7 states.

I'm gonna be putting it under water next week so I will try again with similar settings and see how I go.
Defiantly is, it was my issue.
Haswell 4790k@4.5 - MSI Z97 GAMING 5- GSKILL 2933 - MSI VEGA 64 WATER - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 - ACER XR341CK - AX1500I - CUSTOM HARD TUBE WATERCOOLED GPU&CPU - 750D - NIGHTHAWK X9 - G502
System Pic
terroristone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM   #4172
Tazor

Quote:
Originally Posted by terroristone View Post
Defiantly is, it was my issue.
Yeah I remember you mentioning it earlier in the thread which triggered for me.
Are you using the LC version or Aircooled?
And which BIOS are you running?
My Rig i3 7350K with Cryorig C7 (for now) | Asus Z270i Strix | XFX Vega 64 | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz | 240Gb SSD | Silverstone 700W Platinum SFX-L | Silverstone ML07 (Have ordered Phanteks Shift) | AOC AGON AG241QX
Tazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 2:05 PM   #4173
m0n4g3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdog View Post
Best and I repeat BEST thing you can run through your loop is plain old distilled water full stop!!! (go do your research) All those coolants and dyes are just plain no good for nothing block cloggers......but hey, if it's all about colours then whatever rocks your boat
Disagree, distilled + castrol concentrated coolant is by far the best. @ 20% mix you get enough to kill of bacteria and you get anti rust. No issues with clogging. I've been running my loop with top ups every 6 months or so, for near on 2 years now. Before that was 4 years.
i7-5930k @ 4.0ghz with EK Supreme-HF | Asus X99 Sabertooth TUF | 2x 980TI SLI with EK CU Blocks | 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 | 256gb Samsung 840pro | Xigmatek Elysium | Danger Den Monsoon D5 Dual Res bay, Koolance PMP-450 Pump | 2x XSPC RX360 Rads with 3xScythe Slipstream 1900rpm each | 3/8" Danger Den Black UV tubing | Red Monsoon Compression fittings
m0n4g3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 2:10 PM   #4174
terroristone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazor View Post
Yeah I remember you mentioning it earlier in the thread which triggered for me.
Are you using the LC version or Aircooled?
And which BIOS are you running?
I went back to the stock air bios, I wanted to work out why my settings would reset after switching the pc off. So far so good, I think it was because i didn't set the mv manually as I left them on auto. I'll try again with the LC when I get time. This is why I bought Vega, something new to figure out.
Haswell 4790k@4.5 - MSI Z97 GAMING 5- GSKILL 2933 - MSI VEGA 64 WATER - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 - ACER XR341CK - AX1500I - CUSTOM HARD TUBE WATERCOOLED GPU&CPU - 750D - NIGHTHAWK X9 - G502
System Pic
Old Yesterday, 2:42 PM   #4175
partybear

I am having a strange problem with my card, I am playing overwatch it only happens in this game. After 2-3 rounds of perfect locked 144fps, it will start to weirdly lag, dropping to 70 then back to 144 every few seconds.

I checked wattman and it says the gpu is at 70% activity 800mhz and 50 degrees. I don't know what happens but its like it has gone into power saving mode or something.
partybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 3:10 PM   #4176
Unframed

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0n4g3 View Post
Disagree, distilled + castrol concentrated coolant is by far the best. @ 20% mix you get enough to kill of bacteria and you get anti rust. No issues with clogging. I've been running my loop with top ups every 6 months or so, for near on 2 years now. Before that was 4 years.
I don't see why something like this would be worse than distilled water? It's an anti-corrosive and has a high boiling point. Can't imagine it clogging any more than water would unless you are running it to sludge.
CoolerMaster CM Storm Stryker | AMD R7 1700 w/ Masterliquid 240 | ASRock X370 Fatal1ty | Sapphire RX Vega 64 Liquid | Samsung 840 120GB, Kingston Savage 480GB, Samsung 840 Evo 240GB, 2x 3TB Seagate | 64GB G.Skill 2400MHz | SteelSeries Apex M500/SteelSeries Rival 700 | Enermax Revolution87+ 1000W | LG 34UM88C, 2x Dell U2211H
Unframed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 4:16 PM   #4177
partybear

A small amount of normal radiator coolant and distilled water is fine, it won't corrode anything and nothing will grow in it to clog stuff up.
partybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 4:28 PM   #4178
lowdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by partybear View Post
A small amount of normal radiator coolant and distilled water is fine, it won't corrode anything and nothing will grow in it to clog stuff up.
Copper is a natural anti bacterial on it's own, so with a copper block in the loop with plain distilled water nothing will grow anyway! If there are no mixed metals in the loop (ie only copper in block/rads etc) there will be NO corrosion anyway! Added petrochemical coolant doesn't keep it cooler lol....all it does is create a gunk build up over time in the block.

My loops have ever only been straight distilled water with surgical grade silicon tubing (expensive as all fuck but I get it free from a friend, doesn't yellow, super flexible and lasts forever. Best tubing hands down) and sometimes they aren't drained for years, just toped up when need be and I've never had stuff in the loop or block clog!
Old Yesterday, 4:53 PM   #4179
terroristone

Is this a watercooling thread or vega? Please stay on topic guys.

Regards Andrew - T1
System Pic