Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 15th April 2015, 1:48 PM   #16
undef

I never played DAOC, but I did play Warhammer, which I did enjoy and only quit because of IRL stuff.

I am waiting to see actual combat footage, in the design video from last year where Marc and Ben discuss it, they talking about 'slowing it down'. So I just want to see what that means.

The abilities building (for both magic and non-magic) system sounds like a lot of fun. So much customisation. I also tried to go through that list of banes & boons and it was so extensive. I can already tell that it will take me half a day to get through the character creation haha.
undef is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 15th April 2015, 3:14 PM   #17
XanaTos

Quote:
Originally Posted by undef View Post
I never played DAOC, but I did play Warhammer, which I did enjoy and only quit because of IRL stuff.

I am waiting to see actual combat footage, in the design video from last year where Marc and Ben discuss it, they talking about 'slowing it down'. So I just want to see what that means.

The abilities building (for both magic and non-magic) system sounds like a lot of fun. So much customisation. I also tried to go through that list of banes & boons and it was so extensive. I can already tell that it will take me half a day to get through the character creation haha.
DAOC looks a lot like that Alpha on youtube with updated graphic, Warhammer was crap and was not the best and EA fault and why Mark left Mythic.

If you look on youtube for DAOC 8v8, you will see alot of them battles take a fair bit of time and tatics to win.

Banes and boons looks real good fun and can see a lot of people rerolling if they don't have respec options. They didn't have one in DAOC.
XanaTos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2016, 5:09 PM   #18
JamesGoblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanaTos View Post
DAOC looks a lot like that Alpha on youtube with updated graphic, Warhammer was crap and was not the best and EA fault and why Mark left Mythic.

If you look on youtube for DAOC 8v8, you will see alot of them battles take a fair bit of time and tatics to win.

Banes and boons looks real good fun and can see a lot of people rerolling if they don't have respec options. They didn't have one in DAOC.
Speaking of "that alpha on youtube", models/textures/lightning/animations...all is more-less from 2013 (pre-pre...pre-alpha) and footage is from the late pre-alpha, revealed on the beginning of alpha.

Here is a couple hints at how the game should actually look, starting with the early iteration of new lightning, some more of the same and then:

JamesGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote