Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Pets & Animals

Notices

Old 9th March 2016, 6:42 PM   #16
Tiggs Thread Starter

Thanks for all of the advice people.

When invited, my dog does sit on my lap. He's 35kg so I don't invite him to do that too often. I'm guessing he may just be trying to sit on my head and I'm mistaking it for teabagging. He doesn't have any tea in his bags but there is still the empty remnants. Does that mean it isn't teabagging?

I thought about video recording it and putting it up on YouTube, seeking people's advice. But then thought I would become a meme. And not a good meme.
Tiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 7:52 PM   #17
broccoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggs View Post
I'm guessing he may just be trying to sit on my head
Yes, or he's offering you his bum to sniff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankari View Post
I expected this to be bad, but they really put the effort in and took it to a whole new level of atrocious.
broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2016, 11:36 AM   #18
summoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobunny View Post
cant agree more with karigan, there are far too many twats out there that think they know it all when really they have no clue
But mate I've seen like all the episodes of Cesar Milan! and that bald guy! I know all about animal behaviour now!
/sarcasm
summoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2016, 12:33 PM   #19
holdennutta

So dogs sitting on your feet is dominant or possessive? My older (male) dog has started sitting on my feet while being very submissive. Kind of at odds.

Animal behavior is very confusing for me. Presumably what applies for one dog may not apply exactly the same to another?

My puppy (female) tries to mount you from behind if you sit on the floor. So many licks. Delivery seems a playful behavior.

I did think to have my feet sitter checked out by a behaviouralist but with some research decided that given the vet said he was a very well looking dog only a week before that is keep my money in my pocket and not invest in a potentially corn flake box professional.

Last edited by holdennutta; 10th March 2016 at 12:41 PM.
holdennutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2016, 12:50 PM   #20
mmBax

I'm another cornflakes box professional when it comes to animal behaviour.

Whether it was submissive or possessive or even aggressive behaviour. Does it matter? It's unwelcome and I'd be giving a push away and a firm no, no matter what the ultimate reasoning was.

My Mrs small dog jumps on laps, it weighs 5kg or something and it's genuinely not a huge problem. But it was unwelcomed 99% of the time and was a bad habit for when guests came around. Trained her out of it until invited.
mmBax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2016, 4:10 PM   #21
Lasmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by karigan View Post
Veterinarian checking in here...
Thanks and that's what I suspected. I couldn't agree more about everyone being an expert. I'm yet to see a story of a dog attack where the owners didn't know their dog really well, despite the obvious proof they didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggs View Post
I thought about video recording it and putting it up on YouTube, seeking people's advice. But then thought I would become a meme. And not a good meme.
Set the video to private and just PM the link to karigan.
Lasmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2016, 12:09 PM   #22
aXis

It sounds like dominant behavior, but take a step back here and look at what you are doing.

Lying on the ground on your back is classic submissive behavior, so he's taking cues from that.
aXis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2016, 8:55 AM   #23
psychobunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by aXis View Post
It sounds like dominant behavior, but take a step back here and look at what you are doing.

Lying on the ground on your back is classic submissive behavior, so he's taking cues from that.
nice thread resurrection...

OP how is the behaviour now?

Originally Posted by clinic: psychobunny'dô twice in one thread. Well played sir, well played...
Originally Posted by Agg: I am not good with computer.
psychobunny is offline   Reply With Quote