Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Old 13th December 2015, 1:18 PM   #871
orbisfactor

free login for previous subscribers, from first login you get 96 consecutive hours to play as much as you can. have the month of decmeber to take up the offer. i would be tempted to use it around xmas when i get a few days off, but don't think i will, not sure i can be bothered starting all over again as i deleted my old characters.
Old 27th January 2016, 8:05 PM   #872
Ethan W

Does anyone still play FFXIV?

I'm pretty heavily into it. Lv 60 WAR, DRK, WHM, with a PLD AND BLM on the way.

Steam: [OCAU] Ethan | FFXIV: Courteous Bear (Tonberry)
Ethan W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2017, 11:47 PM   #873
Nightwish

I'm doing Alex and there is a familiar name tanking my group!

Click to view full size!
Nightwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2017, 2:42 PM   #874
orbisfactor

got back into this over the weekend, even got my deleted character restored so i could do some end game content and heavensward.
Old 29th April 2017, 3:33 PM   #875
Ethan W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
I'm doing Alex and there is a familiar name tanking my group!

pix
Haha, I didn't even realise you had posted this! Stormblood is close, are you planning on trying out the new Jobs?

The Stormblood Benchmark is out, for the record: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/

Old 30th April 2017, 1:47 AM   #876
Nightwish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan W View Post
Haha, I didn't even realise you had posted this! Stormblood is close, are you planning on trying out the new Jobs?

The Stormblood Benchmark is out, for the record: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/
Yep! I'm dead keen to try out red mage! And my bro is levelling a samurai with me. I ran the benchmark and had everything set on max and got a very high rating. Not bad considering I had wow in the background as well

I gotta get around to preorder the digital CE. I really wanted physical CE but $250 is just too expensive. Especially when I was dumb enough to pay $300 for heavensward on release and it totally was not worth that much
Old 30th April 2017, 11:17 AM   #877
Ethan W

Quote:
Yep! I'm dead keen to try out red mage! And my bro is levelling a samurai with me. I ran the benchmark and had everything set on max and got a very high rating. Not bad considering I had wow in the background as well

I gotta get around to preorder the digital CE. I really wanted physical CE but $250 is just too expensive. Especially when I was dumb enough to pay $300 for heavensward on release and it totally was not worth that much
You guys need to befriend a tank and healer for the queue times. I may take the opportunity to level AST from 50-60. For the benchmark, I got 5600, but I'm running at 1440p, which seems to make a difference.

I was disappointed I missed the Physical CE, but it sounds like that was a good thing? Even the digital CE seems really steep for a mount and a weapon, essentially

Have you done the Savage Raids?

Old 30th April 2017, 11:45 AM   #878
Nightwish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan W View Post
You guys need to befriend a tank and healer for the queue times. I may take the opportunity to level AST from 50-60. For the benchmark, I got 5600, but I'm running at 1440p, which seems to make a difference.

I was disappointed I missed the Physical CE, but it sounds like that was a good thing? Even the digital CE seems really steep for a mount and a weapon, essentially

Have you done the Savage Raids?
If the statue is anything like the heavensward one it was tiny. To give you an idea I paid (assuming the game alone was $60) $240 for the box, a tiny statue, a book, and a blu ray which was a bunch of ads and nothing worth watching

Totally not worth it. I still feel ripped off by it :/

No the only raiding I've done is the lfr type raids. My latency isn't good enough and I'd just be a burden by dying to stupid stuff

Last edited by Nightwish; 30th April 2017 at 11:49 AM.
Old 30th April 2017, 3:23 PM   #879
Ethan W

Quote:
If the statue is anything like the heavensward one it was tiny.

No the only raiding I've done is the lfr type raids. My latency isn't good enough and I'd just be a burden by dying to stupid stuff
Good to know. I liked the idea of the cloth map, but I might be able to get that seperately at some point.

Have you tried any of the VPN software in the vein of WTFast? I use Mudfish and it brings my ping from 200ish to 130. Totally good enough. I've done A9S-A11S as Off Tank.

Or just play DRG and then people expect the deaths.

I'll have to remember to friend you when I get the chance.

Last edited by Ethan W; 30th April 2017 at 3:32 PM.
Old 5th May 2017, 7:22 PM   #880
Pinkeh

do u have to get through heavensward before doing storm blood?
ASUS P8P67 EVO | I5 2500K @ 3.3GHZ | KINGSTON HYPER FURY 2x8GB DDR3 RAM | GIGABYTE GTX 1080 G1 GAMING 8GB | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 512GB + WD CAVIAR BLACK 4X6 TB | NZXT PHANTOM FULL TOWER | 3X DELL U2311H @ 5760X1080 RESOLUTION
Pinkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2017, 7:33 PM   #881
Bold Eagle

So not many playing this?
Old 6th May 2017, 11:50 AM   #882
orbisfactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkeh View Post
haven't checked, but i'm going to assume yes, probably need to be lvl60 and have heavensward main scenario quests completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Eagle View Post
see quite a few returning players lately, probably due to stormblood's upcoming release. but certainly not as many playing these days as there were 2-3yrs ago when i last played
Old 21st May 2017, 10:15 AM   #883
Ethan W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkeh View Post
Yes, for the new story and dungeons. However you only need to be level 50 to access the new Jobs (Red Mage and Samurai) and I believe you can access the new housing district from lv15 or so. If it's anything like the Heavensward launch, they'll start giving you good gear from the old story missions to get you up to speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Eagle View Post
There's a pretty good player base,especially on Tonberry server, although it's still slightly quiet because Stormblood is so close, most people have finished what they need to. Definitely enough players to be worth playing. And if any of you ever need a hand, just say the word and I'll do whatever I can, especially to get you all levelled and geared.

Old 29th June 2017, 2:22 PM   #884
Leigh M

If anyone likes books then this is a nice one.

https://store.na.square-enix.com/pro...ntasy-xiv-book

I haven't played FF14 since ARR release but I liked the game and it's nice to read through.

I bought mine from ebay since I couldn't ship to aus off SE site (from what I could tell).

Plus you get a minion if that's your thing.
Leigh M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2017, 10:41 AM   #885
Nightwish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh M View Post
If anyone likes books then this is a nice one.

https://store.na.square-enix.com/pro...ntasy-xiv-book

I haven't played FF14 since ARR release but I liked the game and it's nice to read through.

I bought mine from ebay since I couldn't ship to aus off SE site (from what I could tell).

Plus you get a minion if that's your thing.

OMG want! I don't get why square hate us so much. I wanted to get the plush carbuncle but they won't ship them to Australia either. If blizzard will ship from us to aus I don't see the issue with square doing the same thing especially since we have to pay postage anyway