Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > General Topics > Overclocking & Hardware > PC Build Logs

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 25th February 2017, 9:40 PM   #16
Glitchlol Thread Starter
Member
 
Glitchlol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Glenroy
Posts: 1,817
Default


Click to view full size!


Finished insides with the Corsair SF. Not the cleanest at all, but it's pretty quiet.
Glitchlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2017, 9:49 PM   #17
Ratzz
Member
 
Ratzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cheltenham East 3192
Posts: 5,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchlol View Post
pix

Finished insides with the Corsair SF. Not the cleanest at all, but it's pretty quiet.
Nicely done. How clean are the cut edges on the metal where the hoses pass through? Might be worth getting some black cloth tape and just fold it over those, in case they damage the hoses. I can't see in the photo, did you manage to get rid of the kink?

Impressed.
__________________
Don't mess with me. I can hurt you so fast you won't even feel it.

My Rig- Nokia 830, with silicone jacket upgrade.

Last edited by Ratzz; 25th February 2017 at 9:51 PM.
Ratzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2017, 11:47 PM   #18
Glitchlol Thread Starter
Member
 
Glitchlol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Glenroy
Posts: 1,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
Nicely done. How clean are the cut edges on the metal where the hoses pass through? Might be worth getting some black cloth tape and just fold it over those, in case they damage the hoses. I can't see in the photo, did you manage to get rid of the kink?

Impressed.
They're pretty smooth, I filed them down after sawing them. Next time I open up the case, I'll be sure to throw some tape over them though.

Kink sorted itself out when I readjusted everything
Glitchlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2017, 12:11 AM   #19
Glitchlol Thread Starter
Member
 
Glitchlol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Glenroy
Posts: 1,817
Default

Installed CAM, idle temps look pretty good and it's pretty much dead silent!



Just finished copying over all my data, so going to get stuck into my first game of Overwatch.
Glitchlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2017, 7:49 AM   #20
Glitchlol Thread Starter
Member
 
Glitchlol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Glenroy
Posts: 1,817
Default

So I've run into some overheating issues when playing games. The CPU has hit 80'c a couple of times. GPU is sitting stable at 60'c under load.

No kinks in the hose, so it's more than likely because there's very little space between the radiator/fan when the case is wedged on. I've put an order in for a couple of slim 15mm fans to replace the full sized ones that sit under the GPU and on the radiator. I'll see how that improves things.

If that fails to see temps drop, I'm thinking have two options...

I can abandon the water cooling route and get a slim fan under the GPU and a full sized 200CPM fan where the radiator is currently...

Or...

I can commit to getting the H60 to work by modding the case further. I'd dremel a cutout and install a grill above the radiator fan. It'd basically turn that section of the case into a pass through - in which the air would travel in through the existing vent, through the radiator/fan and back out of the case again.

I'm leaning towards the second option.
Glitchlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2017, 8:15 AM   #21
Ratzz
Member
 
Ratzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cheltenham East 3192
Posts: 5,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchlol View Post
So I've run into some overheating issues when playing games. The CPU has hit 80'c a couple of times. GPU is sitting stable at 60'c under load.

No kinks in the hose, so it's more than likely because there's very little space between the radiator/fan when the case is wedged on. I've put an order in for a couple of slim 15mm fans to replace the full sized ones that sit under the GPU and on the radiator. I'll see how that improves things.

If that fails to see temps drop, I'm thinking have two options...

I can abandon the water cooling route and get a slim fan under the GPU and a full sized 200CPM fan where the radiator is currently...

Or...

I can commit to getting the H60 to work by modding the case further. I'd dremel a cutout and install a grill above the radiator fan. It'd basically turn that section of the case into a pass through - in which the air would travel in through the existing vent, through the radiator/fan and back out of the case again.

I'm leaning towards the second option.
Rather than Dremel and grill.. how about a circular bunch of drilled holes with a magnetic filter on the inside? When I saw the layout, I just assumed there would be airflow for the fan. It looks great, I'd stick with it, just get some airflow happening.
__________________
Don't mess with me. I can hurt you so fast you won't even feel it.

My Rig- Nokia 830, with silicone jacket upgrade.
Ratzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 9:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
OCAU is not responsible for the content of individual messages posted by others.
Other content copyright Overclockers Australia.
OCAU is hosted by Micron21!