Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > General Topics > Overclocking & Hardware > PC Build Logs

Notices

Old 25th February 2017, 9:40 PM   #16
Glitchlol Thread Starter

Click to view full size!

Finished insides with the Corsair SF. Not the cleanest at all, but it's pretty quiet.
Glitchlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2017, 9:49 PM   #17
Ratzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchlol View Post
pix

Finished insides with the Corsair SF. Not the cleanest at all, but it's pretty quiet.
Nicely done. How clean are the cut edges on the metal where the hoses pass through? Might be worth getting some black cloth tape and just fold it over those, in case they damage the hoses. I can't see in the photo, did you manage to get rid of the kink?

Impressed.

My Rig- Nokia 830, with silicone jacket upgrade.

Last edited by Ratzz; 25th February 2017 at 9:51 PM.
Ratzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2017, 11:47 PM   #18
Glitchlol Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
Nicely done. How clean are the cut edges on the metal where the hoses pass through? Might be worth getting some black cloth tape and just fold it over those, in case they damage the hoses. I can't see in the photo, did you manage to get rid of the kink?

Impressed.
They're pretty smooth, I filed them down after sawing them. Next time I open up the case, I'll be sure to throw some tape over them though.

Kink sorted itself out when I readjusted everything
Old 26th February 2017, 12:11 AM   #19
Glitchlol Thread Starter

Installed CAM, idle temps look pretty good and it's pretty much dead silent!

Just finished copying over all my data, so going to get stuck into my first game of Overwatch.
Old 27th February 2017, 7:49 AM   #20
Glitchlol Thread Starter

So I've run into some overheating issues when playing games. The CPU has hit 80'c a couple of times. GPU is sitting stable at 60'c under load.

No kinks in the hose, so it's more than likely because there's very little space between the radiator/fan when the case is wedged on. I've put an order in for a couple of slim 15mm fans to replace the full sized ones that sit under the GPU and on the radiator. I'll see how that improves things.

If that fails to see temps drop, I'm thinking have two options...

I can abandon the water cooling route and get a slim fan under the GPU and a full sized 200CPM fan where the radiator is currently...

Or...

I can commit to getting the H60 to work by modding the case further. I'd dremel a cutout and install a grill above the radiator fan. It'd basically turn that section of the case into a pass through - in which the air would travel in through the existing vent, through the radiator/fan and back out of the case again.

I'm leaning towards the second option.
Old 27th February 2017, 8:15 AM   #21
Ratzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchlol View Post
So I've run into some overheating issues when playing games. The CPU has hit 80'c a couple of times. GPU is sitting stable at 60'c under load.

No kinks in the hose, so it's more than likely because there's very little space between the radiator/fan when the case is wedged on. I've put an order in for a couple of slim 15mm fans to replace the full sized ones that sit under the GPU and on the radiator. I'll see how that improves things.

If that fails to see temps drop, I'm thinking have two options...

I can abandon the water cooling route and get a slim fan under the GPU and a full sized 200CPM fan where the radiator is currently...

Or...

I can commit to getting the H60 to work by modding the case further. I'd dremel a cutout and install a grill above the radiator fan. It'd basically turn that section of the case into a pass through - in which the air would travel in through the existing vent, through the radiator/fan and back out of the case again.

I'm leaning towards the second option.
Rather than Dremel and grill.. how about a circular bunch of drilled holes with a magnetic filter on the inside? When I saw the layout, I just assumed there would be airflow for the fan. It looks great, I'd stick with it, just get some airflow happening.

My Rig- Nokia 830, with silicone jacket upgrade.
Ratzz is offline   Reply With Quote