Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Modding

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 21st February 2017, 3:14 PM   #3286
Hakka691
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 140
Default



Almost finished, i think there's room for a few more leds.

And I just noticed the unused front panel cables are poking out from behind the drive bays.
__________________
www.lincolnharrison.com
Hakka691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2017, 10:50 PM   #3287
mixsetup
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Wynyard Tasmania
Posts: 2,530
Default

Love it wish I had a better case to look that good
What case is that?
__________________
AMD FX-9590, ASRock 990fx Extreme9 Motherboard,MSI R9 280X GAMING 3G , GeIL 16GB Kit DDR3 Evo Potenza @ 2400MHz, Sandisk Ultra II 240GB SSD, 2 X 2TB SATA3 HDD, 2TB NAS , 1TB SATA3, 2 X 2TB external HDD, LG Blu-Ray RW
mixsetup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 3:42 AM   #3288
Hakka691
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsetup View Post
Love it wish I had a better case to look that good
What case is that?
Its a corsair 600t, i'm about to rip it all out and move it to a corsair 780t.
__________________
www.lincolnharrison.com
Hakka691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 4:54 PM   #3289
Menthu_Rae
Member
 
Menthu_Rae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney
Posts: 6,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakka691 View Post
image

Almost finished, i think there's room for a few more leds.

And I just noticed the unused front panel cables are poking out from behind the drive bays.
Errr where are all the SATA drives located??? EDIT: Nvm found some other angle on another site! haha

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/corsa...akka69%201.jpg

Pretty sweet dude!
__________________
System Specs: i7 3770S, Noctua NH-U9B SE2, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3-1600, ASUS P8Z77M-PRO, 6GB ASUS GTX980 Ti, 512GB Samsung 840 Pro / 525GB Crucial MX300, 2x 5TB Toshiba HDDs [RAID1], Dell U3011, ASUS Xonar Essence One, Audioengine 5+, LianLi PC-A04B, 3x Noctua NF-F12-iPPC-2000, 3x Noctua NF-B9 Redux 1600PWM, 1kW Silverstone ST1000P. 50+ Trades.

Last edited by Menthu_Rae; 2nd March 2017 at 4:56 PM.
Menthu_Rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2017, 9:41 AM   #3290
jpw007
Member
 
jpw007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,608
Default


Click to view full size!


Ripped out the hdd cages as thinking of going custom WC, but maybe AIO might be a smarter choice. Maybe i should put back in the 5.25" cage so i can use my BD drive (not that it really gets used...)

Think I should add some fans too. But well, the case's inbuilt fan controller only takes 3
__________________
| Asrock z170 Extreme7+ | i7 6700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | 2x Strix 1080 Ti OC | 1x 500GB 850 Evo M.2 + 2x 1TB MX300 M.2 | HX850i | EKWB Custom Loop | X34 |Caselabs S8
Custom White w/ Red Internals

Last edited by jpw007; 24th March 2017 at 9:43 AM.
jpw007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2017, 11:15 AM   #3291
Deano_20802
Member
 
Deano_20802's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tas
Posts: 161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakka691 View Post
*image*

Almost finished, i think there's room for a few more leds.

And I just noticed the unused front panel cables are poking out from behind the drive bays.
I generally care not for lighting in PC cases nor black and red themes, but wow mate, that's a nice looking setup!
Deano_20802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2017, 12:55 PM   #3292
SYF_Karma
Member
 
SYF_Karma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Craigmore SA
Posts: 593
Default

build for a customer, was just trying to get it super clean, experimenting with mobo tray panelling and slits etc

__________________
|| zeropluszero - the dude is a solid alcoholic ||
SYF_Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2017, 1:35 AM   #3293
Hakka691
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 140
Default

I moved everything over from my 600t case (top of this page) to the 780t:





I've now pulled it all out again to add a custom loop.
__________________
www.lincolnharrison.com
Hakka691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2017, 9:11 AM   #3294
tree86ers
Member
 
tree86ers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakka691 View Post
I moved everything over from my 600t case (top of this page) to the 780t:

image

image

I've now pulled it all out again to add a custom loop.
that looks awesome mate. the WC loop is going to look fantastic.
do you have a name for the RIG?
__________________
Main PC "Tensa Zangetsu" - MB "eVGA X99 Classified" - CPU "i7 6800k" - RAM "corsair dominator platinum 32gb" - GPU "evga GTX 1080 FTW x 2" Trans-code PC "Hyōrinmaru" - MB "ASUS P9X79" - CPU "Xeon E5 2670" - RAM "corsair LP 32gb" - GPU "eVGA GTX 960 2GB" LAN PC "Zangetsu" - MB "EVGA Z77 Stinger" - CPU "i7 3770k" - RAM "corsair LP 16gb" - GPU "eVGA GTX 980 4GB"
tree86ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2017, 9:16 AM   #3295
mad_mic3
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nulkaba
Posts: 1,810
Default

@Hakka691 that looks supa clean
mad_mic3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2017, 11:21 AM   #3296
Deano_20802
Member
 
Deano_20802's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tas
Posts: 161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpw007 View Post
pix

Ripped out the hdd cages as thinking of going custom WC, but maybe AIO might be a smarter choice. Maybe i should put back in the 5.25" cage so i can use my BD drive (not that it really gets used...)

Think I should add some fans too. But well, the case's inbuilt fan controller only takes 3
I wouldn't worry about more fans mate. Removing the HDD cages helps with airflow if you don't need them, it looks fine to me.

I can't remember the last time I used an optical drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYF_Karma View Post
build for a customer, was just trying to get it super clean, experimenting with mobo tray panelling and slits etc

image
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakka691 View Post
I moved everything over from my 600t case (top of this page) to the 780t:

*IMAGES*

I've now pulled it all out again to add a custom loop.
That's an amazingly clean build with beautiful attention to all the details! A solid 10/10 mate
Deano_20802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2017, 4:29 PM   #3297
Hakka691
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree86ers View Post
do you have a name for the RIG?
No, but the first thing that comes to mind is 'the money pit'.
__________________
www.lincolnharrison.com
Hakka691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2017, 4:33 PM   #3298
Hakka691
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpw007 View Post

Think I should add some fans too. But well, the case's inbuilt fan controller only takes 3
Try to find out the max amps of your controller, for example my 780t controller can do 5A but only has 5 fan plugs, my fans are 0.3A, so i can run all 14 fans off the controller using splitter cables.
__________________
www.lincolnharrison.com
Hakka691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2017, 4:44 PM   #3299
jpw007
Member
 
jpw007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakka691 View Post
Try to find out the max amps of your controller, for example my 780t controller can do 5A but only has 5 fan plugs, my fans are 0.3A, so i can run all 14 fans off the controller using splitter cables.
I checked and all i remember was it saying something like 15watts or something shared between all 3, and that they recommend not putting any more on. If it'd be a fire hazard then I def wouldn't lol.

I was thinking maybe AIO cooler mounted at top, 1x 140 exhaust and 2x 140 intakes. The 3x 140's off the controller and the AIO for CPU can run off the cpu fan header

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano_20802 View Post
I wouldn't worry about more fans mate. Removing the HDD cages helps with airflow if you don't need them, it looks fine to me.

I can't remember the last time I used an optical drive.





That's an amazingly clean build with beautiful attention to all the details! A solid 10/10 mate
lol yeah, i use it occasionally for CD's or for the kids too since besides the ps4 it's the only BD/CD/DVD player i've got. I put it back in
__________________
| Asrock z170 Extreme7+ | i7 6700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | 2x Strix 1080 Ti OC | 1x 500GB 850 Evo M.2 + 2x 1TB MX300 M.2 | HX850i | EKWB Custom Loop | X34 |Caselabs S8
Custom White w/ Red Internals
jpw007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2017, 5:35 PM   #3300
Deano_20802
Member
 
Deano_20802's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tas
Posts: 161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakka691 View Post
No, but the first thing that comes to mind is 'the money pit'.
Perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpw007 View Post
lol yeah, i use it occasionally for CD's or for the kids too since besides the ps4 it's the only BD/CD/DVD player i've got. I put it back in
Fair call, been there before.

I actually cut 90% of one away so it just left the pillars holding up the 5.25" bays at the top. It didn't look amazing, but it seriously helped temps!
Deano_20802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
cable, case, management, neat

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 9:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
OCAU is not responsible for the content of individual messages posted by others.
Other content copyright Overclockers Australia.
OCAU is hosted by Micron21!