Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > General Topics > Troubleshooting Help

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 19th March 2017, 3:48 PM   #1
Kozzie Thread Starter

Default disable asus laptop keyboard issues

hay all, a while ago i spilt some beer on my laptop.

so now i use a usb plug in mouse and usb plug in keyboard.

problem is every now and then the bitter old keyboard goes insane and spams a random key or a combination of a few.

99.9% the time 90% of the keys don't work. once in a blue moon the FN key and the F9 key both work! which is great i just disable the laptop and i can live without fear of the old keyboard waking up and screeching.

now my usb keyboard doesn't have the function key.

and when i use the windows 10 Onscreen keyboard its function key merely flits between the F9 key and 9 key. it doesn't actually disable the laptops keyboard.

i have been scouring the net for a solution for a few weeks now and the only one seems to be open the laptop and pull the cable out from behind keyboard.

last time i was inside my laptop i broke a heap of bits of plastic and shit and there's no way im going back in there.

is there a solution out there? surely ocau is the mecca for trouble shooting beer+keyboard issues.

thank you for the help
current rig ThermalTake Soprano/ 4xWD HDD's 2x500g 250g 160g // logitech g15 keyboard / logitech g5 mouse / icemat 2nd ed mousemat / phenomII 720BE / gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P / 8g 1333 kingston ddr3 / 500w macron psu / 1gig 4850 XFX (win7 7100)
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 19th March 2017, 4:46 PM   #2
terrastrife

Pay someone else to open it up and unclip the flat flex.
terrastrife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2017, 6:00 PM   #3
Kozzie Thread Starter

surely there is a soft way of doing this. maybe some way i can macro a key to it. theres screen brightness functions audio functions sleep etc etc must be a way to access all of them
current rig ThermalTake Soprano/ 4xWD HDD's 2x500g 250g 160g // logitech g15 keyboard / logitech g5 mouse / icemat 2nd ed mousemat / phenomII 720BE / gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P / 8g 1333 kingston ddr3 / 500w macron psu / 1gig 4850 XFX (win7 7100)
Old 2nd April 2017, 9:17 AM   #4
Kozzie Thread Starter

ended up just opening it up again and ripped the cable out... like ripped the white plug didnt come with it? anyways all good and worked no more ghost machine spamming oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooohooooooooooooonooooooooooooooooooooooooooioooo ootooooooooooosooooooooooooooooooooooboooooooooooo oooooooooooaoooooooooooooocooooooooooooooooookoooo ooooooooooo