Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 5th May 2012, 12:25 AM   #31
Sandez

I love all of the Elder Scrolls games but I'm not holding my breath for this. I don't think the developers will be able to pull it off without it being a buggy, laggy piece of shit. I'm disapointed as well that the game in which they finally include most of the Tamriel landscape will be this. And I hope it doesn't mean no expansions for Skyrim.

I predict latency teleportation will be the main means of transportation. Molag Bal is a cool antagonist though.
... there would probably be more yelling/freakingout/laughing at my small penis/photos being taken on phones...
Sandez is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 5th May 2012, 12:41 AM   #32
wizball

Didnt they say they would never do a TES mmo? Around the time between Morrowind and Oblivion when WoW was booming?
wizball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 3:35 PM   #33
Blackass
Awaiting Email Confirmation

If it takes 100 days of gameplay to reach max level and has geniune risk of dying every time I step out into the wilds then I will play this.
Blackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 3:44 PM   #34
Shawry

I doubt it'll ever see the light of day.

I'd even go as far to say I HOPE it doesnt!
Shawry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 3:46 PM   #35
darth_wolf

50 Pyromancers placing Fire Runes in the entrance to a base and waiting for someone to walk over them...

I hope they execute this well.
darth_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 4:13 PM   #36
Blackass
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawry View Post
I doubt it'll ever see the light of day.

I'd even go as far to say I HOPE it doesnt!
I reread that list and now have to agree with you.

Quote:
Hitting the level cap takes about 120 hours
Similar to SWTOR then. Implies lack of content if a person can get to max within a month. Also levelling up is for me the most fun in an RPG so this will be over too quick.

Quote:
There is also balanced PvP for people who prefer eSports
And that seals the deal for me. Will not play. The WoW and SWTOR experience has been a cycle of nerfs and buffs resulting from PvP which have directly impacted me as a PvE player.

Quote:
An example quest is the story of Camlorn, where you have to stop evil werewolves who have their eyes set on conquest. First, you have to do a "standard MMO kill and collection quest" to sto ghosts from attacking some mages and soldiers. The ghosts are reliving a battle that the werewolf leader was in. You summon a ghost to find out what's going on, and the ghost tells you to wear her dead husband's armor to re-experience the battle he died in. You then get transported hundreds of years into the past to fight this battle. During this battle, you can choose to save the dead man's wife or to pursue the Werewolf leader. ZeniMax chooses to save the man's wife, who then tells you that the Werewolf leader is weak to fire. This information is helpful when you fight him, but you don't actually need to do this quest before fighting the werewolf leader if you don't want to. Basically, you can skip parts of quest chains if you want, but you get some benefit for playing the whole thing. Also, whenever you go back to the town you just saved, everything there hails you as a hero
Or how about you take those resources and build a zone with a huge variety of different monsters. Say it's a huge forest. I stick my head in and get it cut off, so now have to decide whether I want to ask some friends (or randoms) if they want to join in arse-rape central trying to get to the other side of the forest, or stepping away and skilling up. I draft in some friends and we get our arse handed to us so decide to skill up some more and will come back in a week. We also draft in some more people for the next attempt and share the experience of getting torn apart, or winning and getting to the other side of the forest. Those randoms are now friends because of the shared experience and it was fun. /gasp Massive and Multiplayer and Online...
Blackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 1:04 PM   #37
Philll Thread Starter
(Taking a Break)

First factions

http://www.enizr.com/games/meet-the-...ls-online.aspx
Philll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:22 PM   #38
Philll Thread Starter
(Taking a Break)

Some screens here, looking a little more TES'y
Philll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 11:21 PM   #39
Morphine

Seen a few other review sites with the same screens.

Sounds like it was a staged showing to the media (Bethesda provided pics only, no other screen caps or video), although those invited did provide thoughts on their few hours of playthrough of the current state of the game (that's playable).

My Diablo 3 Witch Doctor

Morphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 11:27 PM   #40
Desert_Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philll View Post
Some screens here, looking a little more TES'y
Certainly looks more TES there. I can't see myself going back to an MMO that isn't as action orientated as GW2 though, regardless of how much I love TES.
Perhaps if they'd worked harder the company wouldn't of failed?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamal
I concede defeat fine sir, your logic is irrefutable.
Desert_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 2:22 PM   #41
legionnaire

Official website is up now:

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/
Old 9th November 2012, 9:42 PM   #42
Exige
(Banned or Deleted)

http://au.ign.com/videos/2012/11/08/...gameplay-video

I'm not a fan of MMO's, but I do love The Elder Scrolls. I've been playing since Arena, and I have to say I think this might finally the game that gets me to give the MMO genre a chance.
Exige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 10:35 PM   #43
Stevros

Ive never had high hopes for this, i think it even cheapens the name of the series quite a bit. I have been an mmo player for quite a while and also a massive fan of the ES series. I dont think the 2 should mix, or at least not in the completely generic way they are doing it.

Those guys are just blabbering on with the same old shit that every developer in a pre release mmo video blabbers on about, its all been done a million times before and it just makes me sigh now.

When I step into an elder scrolls world, its mine. I can go where i want, do what i want, and i am immersed because the world feels believable enough to do that. Throw in a bunch of other people all running around jumping around, farming beasts, dancing, whatever, and all of a sudden im not in an elder scrolls rpg anymore. Im not really in a RPG anymore because my role has been cheapened by the fact that i can see other people taking on the exact same role as me.

I will be interested to see what sort of payment model they go for. The subscription model is just a no go for me anymore.
Old 10th November 2012, 2:20 AM   #44
Exige
(Banned or Deleted)

What I've learnt to do when someone fucks with something of mine I love (Micheal Bay bending over Transformers, and he is fucking doing it AGAIN, for instance ) I've learnt ignoring it completely is the best way to go.

As far as 99% of my life goes, the only Transformer movie that exists is the 1985 one.

Much better on the blood pressure !
Exige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 12:24 PM   #45
Pinkeh

how will mods work? never played a game like TES without mods. o_o
ASUS P8P67 EVO | I5 2500K @ 3.3GHZ | KINGSTON HYPER FURY 2x8GB DDR3 RAM | GIGABYTE GTX 1080 G1 GAMING 8GB | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 512GB + WD CAVIAR BLACK 4X6 TB | NZXT PHANTOM FULL TOWER | 3X DELL U2311H @ 5760X1080 RESOLUTION
Pinkeh is offline   Reply With Quote