Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 26th February 2013, 10:51 AM   #31
r8response

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivHunter View Post
lol Russian game, Russian bias.
Yep, nothing at all to do with the fact that Russian planes haven't had the flight model updated inline with the other nations..... Nope, not at all
r8response is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 26th February 2013, 11:03 AM   #32
DivHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by r8response View Post
Yep, nothing at all to do with the fact that Russian planes haven't had the flight model updated inline with the other nations..... Nope, not at all
I think a lot of the complaints are the russian reserve planes having more firepower in general, then the mid tiers get terrible then high end are OP.

So what you're saying is, they left the flight model on the Russian planes until last even though it would cause them to be unfairly advantaged? Sounds like bias to me

I only made the comment because I was just looking through the forum and it's all the same stuff as WoT/WoWP etc repeated over and over.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2013, 8:25 AM   #33
DivHunter

Played first game as russian, had been all British until then.

Went from mid table, struggling to do enough damage to aircraft to top of the table 6 ground 7 air only one loss from a friendly ram.

Compared to the other nations starter planes the Russians are beasts.
Old 28th February 2013, 11:34 AM   #34
andymate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivHunter View Post
Played first game as russian, had been all British until then.

Went from mid table, struggling to do enough damage to aircraft to top of the table 6 ground 7 air only one loss from a friendly ram.

Compared to the other nations starter planes the Russians are beasts.
And this is the reason i won't be playing this game... Russian planes were not very good in WW2. Does this game move out of the WW2 period like WOT's?
andymate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2013, 11:49 AM   #35
DivHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymate View Post
And this is the reason i won't be playing this game... Russian planes were not very good in WW2. Does this game move out of the WW2 period like WOT's?
http://warthunder.com/en/game/releasetree/
Old 28th February 2013, 11:53 AM   #36
Frenchpom Thread Starter

Not sure DivHunter if they're planning on moving out of the WW2 era. They do have aircraft like the Sabre jet and Mig's etc, but I believe these were actually developed and fielded at the end of WW2.

I'm sure if the game does well they might eventually field a "Korean War" field of aircraft.
Frenchpom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2013, 8:27 PM   #37
jeebers34

The game is definitely post WW-2, Korea period at the high end. Sure, some of the planes were fielded during or immediately after WW2 (ME-262, 163, Meteors), but others (migs F86) are def post war. Also, MM is non-existent, so you will get matches where your low tiers are up against jets, just stay low and hope they don't pick on you :P.
jeebers34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2013, 9:03 PM   #38
SenorGrande

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymate View Post
I understand why you feel this way but I just like the thrill of the chase in this game. Its fucking frustrating but I just keep going back. I now have some bombers (wellington and a catalina) which enable me to do some serious ground target damage - got 22 ground targets in one match, and 12 of those were tanks. I got some uber xp for that. It also took the enemy a while to realise that I was leveling entire tank columns and that perhaps they ought to do something about me. Had about 6 fighters attacking me

Best thing I have done is to get the wellington or the catalina (or this russian thing I forget the name of, also holds 16x 100lb bombs) then level up the reload crew skill so your bombs rearm muuuch quicker. I can re-arm my payload of 16 x 100lb bombs in the catalina is 1 minute.

Last edited by SenorGrande; 3rd March 2013 at 9:10 PM.
SenorGrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 3:05 PM   #39
DivHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGrande View Post
I understand why you feel this way but I just like the thrill of the chase in this game. Its fucking frustrating but I just keep going back. I now have some bombers (wellington and a catalina) which enable me to do some serious ground target damage - got 22 ground targets in one match, and 12 of those were tanks. I got some uber xp for that. It also took the enemy a while to realise that I was leveling entire tank columns and that perhaps they ought to do something about me. Had about 6 fighters attacking me

Best thing I have done is to get the wellington or the catalina (or this russian thing I forget the name of, also holds 16x 100lb bombs) then level up the reload crew skill so your bombs rearm muuuch quicker. I can re-arm my payload of 16 x 100lb bombs in the catalina is 1 minute.
I find if I focus on ground targets and just take out immediate threats to myself I can take out more in a fighter/attacker than most bombers manage.

Going bomber heavy then getting a domination map tends to be a bit fail though. Cranking up gunner accuracy in my crew I intend to use bombers atm.
Old 5th March 2013, 6:53 AM   #40
FlyHigher

If any of you OCAU guys are looking to join a social group of War Thunder i'd like to extend the invitation to apply to join the AEF.

We're a AUS/NZ clan that's been around for 10 years playing military style and simulation games. We're now one of the first groups in the region backing War Thunder and we think it has a bright future. Sure it's only in beta, but as most of you will admit its already a well polished and fun game.

So if you're 18+ and looking for a good group mature, good natured people to squad play regularly with teamspeak it would be great to hear from you!

Our Website: http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/

All the info on joining (Gaijin Forum): http://forum.warthunder.com/index.ph...ial-ausnz-sqn/

FlyHigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 9:46 AM   #41
kesawi

Was playing around with the training missions last night, looks like the game should be quite a lot of fun.

I cranked up all of the graphics settings to the max and the frame rate never dropped below 60fps at 1920x1200.
kesawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 8:49 PM   #42
Frenchpom Thread Starter

Yeah, the awesome sound score and excellent graphics really put the icing on the cake with WT. I now have the Level 6 American F6F. Has 6 MG's, 6 x HVAR rockets and 2 x 1000lb bombs Needless to say, it's devastating in the ground attack role and fighter role!
Frenchpom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 8:48 AM   #43
Brass Em

Fired this game up last night. Completed the tutorials no problem. Only EU or RUS online servers available. Started a mission with ai only on EU server and no problem with lag. 2 russians joined in and screen updates dropped to about once per second - not good for a flight game. There are no ping time displayed on servers?

How does everyone else find the online aspect of this game?
i7_3930K@3.2Ghz&H100liquid|ASUSP9X79Deluxe&GTX680/OC|32GBGSkillPC2400|2TBRaid0|Antec1200&1200WTruPwr |ASUSGV278H_3D|SBX_FiT_Pro|TurtlebeachDPX21|Win7_ 64U|G_15&G_25|TrackIR5|MSFFB2|CHPROThrottle|Saitek Pedals|VRinsightFMyoke_modified|MCPIIBoeingcombo&C DUII|GoFlightThrottle|ArduinoUno&MegaI/F's|SAASseat.
Brass Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 9:08 AM   #44
kesawi

Jumped online last night in arcade and found the game ran pretty smoothly. I even managed to shoot down a plane

I don't like the control system much and crashed into the mountains several times. I'd prefer to have a fixed view and do all of the flying with the mouse rather than the keys. Not sure if it can be changed as I haven't looked into customising the controls.
kesawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 9:40 AM   #45
r8response

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesawi View Post
I don't like the control system much and crashed into the mountains several times. I'd prefer to have a fixed view and do all of the flying with the mouse rather than the keys. Not sure if it can be changed as I haven't looked into customising the controls.
F2 though F8 gives you alot of different views. F2 from memory is cockpit view which for alot of planes is fully implemented. Bombers should be getting an update soon.

Most people fly with the mouse, which you can change to through the setup wizard.
r8response is offline   Reply With Quote