OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 6th March 2013, 8:47 AM   #46
kesawi

Quote:
Originally Posted by r8response View Post
F2 though F8 gives you alot of different views. F2 from memory is cockpit view which for alot of planes is fully implemented. Bombers should be getting an update soon.

Most people fly with the mouse, which you can change to through the setup wizard.
Me prefered view is 3rd person as it gives a broader field of view. What annoys me when flying with the mouse is the view rotates rather than being fixed with the cross hair in the centre. Will have to look at the options tonight.
kesawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 6th March 2013, 9:00 AM   #47
DivHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass Em View Post
Fired this game up last night. Completed the tutorials no problem. Only EU or RUS online servers available. Started a mission with ai only on EU server and no problem with lag. 2 russians joined in and screen updates dropped to about once per second - not good for a flight game. There are no ping time displayed on servers?

How does everyone else find the online aspect of this game?
The host of a game has a lot more strain on their connection than the clients or when connecting to an arcade game etc. and it seems each system makes periodic contact with the log in / parent server as well.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 9:28 AM   #48
DivHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesawi View Post
Me prefered view is 3rd person as it gives a broader field of view. What annoys me when flying with the mouse is the view rotates rather than being fixed with the cross hair in the centre. Will have to look at the options tonight.
You probably want mouse joystick instead of mouse aim.

When using mouse aim you can turn the aircraft harder with the keys because they get to the 'ignore instructor' limit faster.
Old 6th March 2013, 10:25 AM   #49
The MWNN

Very impressed with this game, kicks the shit out of world of warplanes. the combat is really fun.
The MWNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 1:43 PM   #50
r8response

Click me for higher res.

The more i play, the more i like. World of Warplanes can go eat dick
r8response is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 2:15 PM   #51
DivHunter

The only thing that gets me is the extraordinary wait time on higher rank planes then you queue up with mid rank and fight exactly the same planes you were just trying to get into a game with.

Though it was rather amusing when a MIG 9 started talking shit at the start of a match only to be shot down by my buddie's rank 6 BF 109 E3.
Old 7th March 2013, 11:04 AM   #52
Brass Em

Tried again last night. Managed to get two arcade games in without any lag issues what so ever. Must have been 20 a side. Great stuff.

Last game of domination the red team blitzed us. Their top ace got 13 kills. Goes by the name of DIVHUNTER or something.
i7_3930K@3.2Ghz&H100liquid|ASUSP9X79Deluxe&GTX680/OC|32GBGSkillPC2400|2TBRaid0|Antec1200&1200WTruPwr |ASUSGV278H_3D|SBX_FiT_Pro|TurtlebeachDPX21|Win7_ 64U|G_15&G_25|TrackIR5|MSFFB2|CHPROThrottle|Saitek Pedals|VRinsightFMyoke_modified|MCPIIBoeingcombo&C DUII|GoFlightThrottle|ArduinoUno&MegaI/F's|SAASseat.
Brass Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2013, 11:45 AM   #53
DivHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass Em View Post
Tried again last night. Managed to get two arcade games in without any lag issues what so ever. Must have been 20 a side. Great stuff.

Last game of domination the red team blitzed us. Their top ace got 13 kills. Goes by the name of DIVHUNTER or something.
lul wut

Nice that there was a witness to my best game so far and in Japanese rank 0 planes no less. This was after I convinced Raephix and Eucharos (the squad I was in) to play Russian biplanes. I believe after we won about 80% of our matches the comment was "these planes are OP as fuck"
Old 7th March 2013, 2:46 PM   #54
timsarg

war thunder is a good arcade game but i wish they would drop the full realism bullshit .

This game in no way gets even close to il2 for a combat sim . Joystick support is pathetic and mouse+keyboard is superior in any mode .

i enjoy the game in arcade mode simply for a thrash , nothing more .

I do love my beaufighter . Climb straight away at the start to ~4000m and look for bombers and then proceed to B&Z .
timsarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2013, 2:56 PM   #55
DivHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsarg View Post
war thunder is a good arcade game but i wish they would drop the full realism bullshit .

This game in no way gets even close to il2 for a combat sim . Joystick support is pathetic and mouse+keyboard is superior in any mode .

i enjoy the game in arcade mode simply for a thrash , nothing more .

I do love my beaufighter . Climb straight away at the start to ~4000m and look for bombers and then proceed to B&Z .
Something like 70% of players are playing arcade anyway.

With a 380-500 ping I'm not that keen on anything but arcade at this point.
Old 7th March 2013, 5:12 PM   #56
timsarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivHunter View Post
Something like 70% of players are playing arcade anyway.

no shit . pisses me off when i get bad connection and look down and it's a 500 ping .

but why play any other mode other than arcade . This game isn't ready for full real settings .
Old 7th March 2013, 5:41 PM   #57
r8response

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsarg View Post
Joystick support is pathetic and mouse+keyboard is superior in any mode.
Go dominate in a "Full Real Battle" and then come back and say mouse/keyboard is superior....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivHunter View Post
Historical can be done with that sort of ping.
Old 7th March 2013, 5:45 PM   #58
timsarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by r8response View Post
Go dominate in a "Full Real Battle" and then come back and say mouse/keyboard is superior....

Historical can be done with that sort of ping.
full real battle my ass . This game is not full real until they sort out the FM's . The fm's are complete and utter rubbish .
Old 7th March 2013, 6:11 PM   #59
r8response

So your initial claim that mouse/keyboard being superior in any game mode regardless of flight modelling is useless bullshit hyperbole.
Old 12th March 2013, 5:31 PM   #60
m0n4g3

Got this installed last night... finished the tutorials and started my first arcade game.

Went US reserve planes, owned hard with 5 kills and 3 captures for a first place in the match with 1500 points or somewhere there abouts
i7-5930k @ 4.0ghz with EK Supreme-HF | Asus X99 Sabertooth TUF | 2x 980TI SLI with EK CU Blocks | 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 | 256gb Samsung 840pro | Xigmatek Elysium | Danger Den Monsoon D5 Dual Res bay, Koolance PMP-450 Pump | 2x XSPC RX360 Rads with 3xScythe Slipstream 1900rpm each | 3/8" Danger Den Black UV tubing | Red Monsoon Compression fittings
m0n4g3 is offline   Reply With Quote