OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 14th January 2014, 5:08 PM   #46
Elyzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asako View Post
When I first heard about EQN I had my interest piqued, but I'm not holding my breath for anything of any worth at all, especially no levels/classes, just professions you mix and match. Nuts to that sort of crap.
OH. GREAT!

MMORPGs biggest failure is the shitty leveling system. Its absolute rubbish, and im so happy they are trying something new.

I still think UO got it right, but now I'm SO happy to find out EQ has done away with it too!
Elyzion is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 15th January 2014, 8:13 PM   #47
BuZeR Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG-2 View Post
So is anyone else signing up for the Founders Pack for EQ Landmark?

https://www.eqnlandmark.com/founders-pack

pix

I went for trailblazer pack, most likely not needed, but well.

Here is a reddit thread which talks about the different packs. Also a good summary of the different packs here
Just to clarify, as far as I am aware EQNext and EQNext Landmark are two different games essentially. One is a MMORPG (Next) and one is a Minecraft like building sim for content to be developed pre EQNext release. That being said the pre order bonuses for EQNext Landmark are not gaurenteed to be carried over to the MMORPG release.

The FAQ states;

Quote:
What is the connection between EverQuest Next Landmark and EverQuest Next?
EverQuest Next Landmark is a world where you can design and make anything you can imagine! Objects and buildings that players construct may be featured in EverQuest Next.
Quote:
Are these items going to transfer between EQN Landmark and EverQuest Next?
The items in the packs are exclusive to Landmark. There are no plans for them to transfer to EverQuest Next.
Quote:
Does buying a Founder's Pack for EQN Landmark get me access to EverQuest Next's beta program?
There are currently no plans for Landmark Founder's Packs to grant access to EverQuest Next's beta program.
Will update the first post to reflect this too.
Old 12th March 2016, 7:14 AM   #48
boneburner

"He's dead, Jim"

EVERQUEST NEXT CANCELLED

In what has to be one of the lamest letters ever written by a games company, Daybreak's president Russell Shanks lays out the reasons for it's demise.

Quote:
To Our Daybreak Community,

I’m writing today to let you know that, after much review and consideration, Daybreak is discontinuing development of EverQuest Next.

For the past 20 years EverQuest has been a labor of love. What started as a deep passion of ours, as game creators, grew into a much larger passion shared by you, millions of players and Daybreakers alike. Watching EverQuest’s ability to entertain and bring people together has inspired and humbled us. It’s shaped our culture and has emboldened us to take aggressive risks with our game ideas and products. When we decided to create the next chapter in the EverQuest journey, we didn’t aim low. We set out to make something revolutionary.

For those familiar with the internals of game development, you know that cancellations are a reality we must face from time to time. Inherent to the creative process are dreaming big, pushing hard and being brutally honest with where you land. In the case of EverQuest Next, we accomplished incredible feats that astonished industry insiders. Unfortunately, as we put together the pieces, we found that it wasn’t fun. We know you have high standards when it comes to Norrath and we do too. In final review, we had to face the fact that EverQuest Next would not meet the expectations we – and all of you – have for the worlds of Norrath.

The future of the EverQuest franchise as a whole is important to us here at Daybreak. EverQuest in all its forms is near and dear to our hearts. EverQuest and EverQuest II are going strong. Rest assured that our passion to grow the world of EverQuest remains undiminished.

Yours truly,

Russell Shanks

President, Daybreak Games

Via: Polygon
Old 13th March 2016, 10:21 PM   #49
Pinkeh

RIP EQ
ASUS P8P67 EVO | I5 2500K @ 3.3GHZ | KINGSTON HYPER FURY 2x8GB DDR3 RAM | GIGABYTE GTX 1080 G1 GAMING 8GB | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 512GB + WD CAVIAR BLACK 4X6 TB | NZXT PHANTOM FULL TOWER | 3X DELL U2311H @ 5760X1080 RESOLUTION
Pinkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 4:59 PM   #50
Snoochems

I have not played much attention to MMOs for the last couple of years, but this surprised me. It looked like a good game.
Snoochems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 5:38 PM   #51
RyoSaeba

Ah evercrack, the original home wrecker.
RyoSaeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2017, 4:19 AM   #52
boneburner

Shocking news to the last three people playing it, Derpbreak Games kills off EverQuest: Landmark as well. Servers will be switched off Feb 21.

via Polygon