OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 10th November 2013, 9:54 AM   #16
Grom Hellscream

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKT View Post
So your fun in the game is directly correlated to how much recount says your DPS is? really?
More to the point that I've spent seven years building a character and watching it grow, and because some retards couldn't plan their combat engine appropriately they go "nope" and smash it back into the ground.

For me it's more about their ineptitude causing the need for a squish.
Grom Hellscream is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 10th November 2013, 10:28 AM   #17
IKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grom Hellscream View Post
More to the point that I've spent seven years building a character and watching it grow, and because some retards couldn't plan their combat engine appropriately they go "nope" and smash it back into the ground.
It's all relative? You never really grew in power because the bosses and mobs always scaled. The blow fly swarm with 12 million hp in Throne of Thunder was the best example of how ridiculous they are with scaling.

And as they said, if you are killing a mob on timeless isle in 5 seconds, come patch 5.9 with the item squish, you'll still be killing that same mob in 5 seconds.

---

Did anyone mention no more int plate? If plate loot drops it can go to any plate wearer, and the loot will adjust stats per the spec and class. Same with leather, mail, cloth

Last edited by IKT; 10th November 2013 at 11:09 AM.
IKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 12:53 PM   #18
Submariner

Liking the they way they are doing heirloom items and toys (like pets and mounts are done now), really bind on account this time. I like collecting the toys, so this is great news and will free up some bank space. It will be interesting to see what they consider to be a toy.
Old 10th November 2013, 1:44 PM   #19
soulblade64

Quote:

They've said your character will be just as powerful as currently, all that's changing is they're shrinking the already excessively high numbers. Just add an imaginary extra zeros to the end of your health, it's all relative.

To be honest it's for the best, if they continued at the rate they were going the numbers would be so excessively high you would be able to solo Siege of Orgrimmar with the greens from the start of the WoD.
OCAU MetaL Club Member #203 xbox live gamertag: soulblade64
Trades- More than I can remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo54 View Post
I would. But I would eat the other people before I ran out of supplies, therefore quadrupling my food supply, and allowing me to live for ever, as cannibal king of mars.
soulblade64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 2:48 PM   #20
nathanblogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulblade64 View Post
To be honest it's for the best, if they continued at the rate they were going the numbers would be so excessively high you would be able to solo Siege of Orgrimmar with the greens from the start of the WoD.
since the items are just as powerful you still should be able to solo seige of orgrimmar with greens .
nathanblogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 2:58 PM   #21
fnp

The game itself is better than ever. The community is the worst part of the game (which is bad for an MMO) - so many douchebags. Glad I've got a good guild and can mostly ignore LFR / LFD for the most part. I miss things like world pvp and the overall sense of community the game seems to have lost though.
fnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 4:34 PM   #22
recoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnp View Post
The game itself is better than ever. The community is the worst part of the game (which is bad for an MMO) - so many douchebags. Glad I've got a good guild and can mostly ignore LFR / LFD for the most part. I miss things like world pvp and the overall sense of community the game seems to have lost though.
I've not played since WoTLK, didn't they change talent trees so they're really retarded?
recoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 4:48 PM   #23
Kore_5022

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoN View Post
I've not played since WoTLK, didn't they change talent trees so they're really retarded?
It's a different game than what it was, imo talents are just stupid now and kinda pointless but i understand why they did it and they're never gonna please everyone
Kore_5022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 4:51 PM   #24
recoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kore_5022 View Post
It's a different game than what it was, imo talents are just stupid now and kinda pointless but i understand why they did it and they're never gonna please everyone
Oh yeah? Could you fill me in if you can? I feel a little nostalgic for some Paladin Arena and would consider jumping into this until ESO comes out.
Old 10th November 2013, 5:01 PM   #25
r8response

Quote:
Not really. They just got rid of all the bullshit.

YAY 5/5 for an extra couple of crit percentage
r8response is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 5:04 PM   #26
recoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by r8response View Post
Not really. They just got rid of all the bullshit.

YAY 5/5 for an extra couple of crit percentage
I actually like that type of very minor skill proficiency. Really drove people to squeeze out as much of something as they could to be the very best.
Old 10th November 2013, 5:09 PM   #27
r8response

Quote:
I actually like that type of very minor skill proficiency. Really drove people to squeeze out as much of something as they could to be the very best.
Or everyone just googled for the best spec and was done with it. There was very little room to wiggle when it came to the old system.

Glad it's gone personally.
r8response is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 5:09 PM   #28
IKT

Quote:
Oh yeah? Could you fill me in if you can? I feel a little nostalgic for some Paladin Arena and would consider jumping into this until ESO comes out.
http://www.wowhead.com/talent

They felt talent tree's were just a complicated way to do the same thing as everyone else. Everyone knew the cookie cutter specs and took all the talents in that cookie cutter spec. so 99% of people had the same spec even though there was a greater chance at customisation, with only a few rocking the half 1 spec, half another spec, being an individual.

They also struggled to come up with new talents that didn't blow, and they felt 1/5 == 1% increased crit and 5/5 == 5% increased crit vs some other boring talent wasn't really interesting, so they lightening it up and made talents that mattered.

The biggest problem is that there's still cookie cutter specs, and there are still talents that suck, that said there's definitely more choice than before, on my warrior when I started doing proving grounds I switched almost every talent around, and on my druid force of nature is fucking amazing, but as it gets weaker (as I get stronger), I'll be switching to SotF, and before 5.4, since 5.0 hit I was incarnation, so in the 1 expac I'll be all 3 talent choices at one point or another in the same spec. That's definitely different from past expacs where I stayed the same spec the whole expansion.

---

Recap of all the changes and new stuff coming: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...con-2013-Recap

Leveling in WoD will be a fun and fast paced romp through the zones. The team is backing off the idea that leveling should be a long grind.

Thank fuck, I hated questing with all my heart, but then GW2 definitely changed my opinion of that, and it was the only redeeming feature of GW2 imo.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...a-look-at-pvp/

For players looking to engage in PvP combat on an epic scale, Warlords of Draenor introduces a new world PvP zone off of the north east coast of Tanaan Jungle. This new experience involves a raging battle that has no distinct beginning or end—instead, it offers constantly evolving objectives for participants to take part in. There will be items to gather, creatures to summon, and tons of action on multiple levels. While you can enter the fray sooner than level 100, you may find yourself biting off more than you can chew—enter at your own risk!

-- They're trying to bring back Southshore vs Tarren Mill

The UI Improvements:
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-improvements/

And here's the expac website: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/warlords-of-draenor/

This looks awesome, wtb beta access

Last edited by IKT; 10th November 2013 at 5:18 PM.
IKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 5:13 PM   #29
recoN

Thanks. Looks sweet, I'm all for positive change to keep the game fresh.
Old 10th November 2013, 6:33 PM   #30
NSanity

Quote:

Eh.

The squish is literally irrelevant. And I think you grossly underestimate changing the base integers for everything in the game, whilst you cannot guarantee 64 bit clients.
NSanity is offline   Reply With Quote