OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Old 15th November 2013, 6:08 PM   #46
recoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
definitely not 100% a fan of how they totally defunct old content like that

then again, they gave up on attracting new players a few years ago i guess.
Realistically once you've past leveling most content is made defunct (zones/instances). Even more so when an xpack comes out.

Onwards and upwards.
recoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 11:03 PM   #47
flinchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoN View Post
Realistically once you've past leveling most content is made defunct (zones/instances). Even more so when an xpack comes out.

Onwards and upwards.
i like taking noobs into consideration!

or if i want to re-experience old content in a new character

no point when it's over in 10 hours even without heirloom stuff haha
Originally Posted by Taceo Corpus View Post
BRB - building a Faraday Cage.
Thinly veiled "I'm wrapping myself in chicken wire".
flinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 11:16 PM   #48
afcca

I was iffy, being a lore nut and how they're messing with things I don't like, but today has changed that.

Phase #2801 - Karazhan Restoration

I don't care if they put the entire expansion in Exodar and call it a disco, kara lore. I'm in.
afcca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2013, 7:44 AM   #49
Queenie

I WANT ANDUIN LOTHAR
Old 16th November 2013, 7:45 AM   #50
Queenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcca View Post
I was iffy, being a lore nut and how they're messing with things I don't like, but today has changed that.

I don't care if they put the entire expansion in Exodar and call it a disco, kara lore. I'm in.
Wait holywtfbbq

Awesome

Sold
Old 3rd December 2013, 10:39 AM   #51
SamBoio

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcca View Post

If they bring back Kara then I may make a return to this game. I skipped MoP and left towards the end of Cata. I though Cata was a pretty ordinary expansion.
The town thing sounds interesting, but it sounds like it will become something you cannot neglect otherwise you fall behind, so I'm not overly sold on this. It just sounds like farming in a different form.
SamBoio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 12:56 PM   #52
Kaji

I have a feeling that the Kara thing is NYE/NYD stuff.

Quote:
The town thing sounds interesting, but it sounds like it will become something you cannot neglect otherwise you fall behind, so I'm not overly sold on this. It just sounds like farming in a different form.
Um, well, yea. That's pretty much the heart of WoW, since, forever.

Goodnight, sweet prince.
Kaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 11:09 PM   #53
El Nermo Diablo

Reeeeally interested to see what they do with Karazan, had to be one of my favorite raids from TBC.

Be interesting to see what impact Medivh has.
El Nermo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 11:06 AM   #54
tunagirll

bumpy bump

Who is on beta?

I've played beta for a few hours now and I'm really enjoying it. The storyline seems okay, and the questing is much simpler. The simplification of spells, talents, update to the bag system makes me feel like I'm not overly missing my addons.

Things I like so far (as a holy pally):

Condensation and combination of spells - back to the good old days of technique instead of technicality.
Talents are simple (maybe a bit too simple) but you just do them and then don't obsess over tiny %ages.

Bag system - wow it's super! You can assign a bag to a type of goods (eg equipment) and press the button and it will auto sort your bags for you.

Bank system - now we have an additional mats sections, press the button and it will automatically take the mats from your bags - so awesome.

Garrison - from someone who hated the garden, LOVE the garrison. Makes sense and fun to build. Definitely picked up some ideas from SWTOR (followers, missions). Pretty forgiving of casual gamers.

Levelling - took about an hour to get halfway to 91 (as holy pally!). The levelling scaling definitely has been pulled back from the 'grindy over 9000'.

Auto-stat gear - really nice to not have to obsess over the stats on quest gear given. I was a bit dubious about the whole 'let us google that for you' auto stats, but in reality it just lets you focus on the game play more instead of hours lost fussing over gear.

New stats - Still exploring the new toys, but it looks like a fun new mechanic to add complexity where they took the old (and tired) out.

Things I don't like so far:

Storyline makes no sense in the main hub, they need to shift it to bringing the hub at lvl100. You 'just start' making a garrison and nex minit there's a massive one a minute away from you that obviously took ages to build.

Scenery feels recycled, just as well nobody looks at it.

Talents might be a bit oversimplified.

The big crunch of numbers takes some getting used to (omg Holy Light only healed for 2500, oh wait scaling)

Overall for such a short time in beta, it's looking really good Getting back to basics.

Last edited by tunagirll; 16th September 2014 at 11:20 AM.
tunagirll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 11:08 AM   #55
sjaeger172004 Thread Starter

I have it installed nd everything but haven't touched it yet
MainDesktop: Win 10 Pro 64, Intel i7 4770K,GB Z78-D3HP, 16GB RAM (2x8gb) g-skill ripjaw X, 1 x 250gb Samsung EVO 840, 1x 4TB WD Black,600GB Vraptor, antec 1200, corsair tx850, samsung dvd burner, 2x Samsung S24C300L 24in, XFX AMD 290 4GB
sjaeger172004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 11:31 AM   #56
tunagirll

You should give it a crack, would be good to hear what you think
Old 16th September 2014, 11:33 AM   #57
Submariner

What are they doing with heirlooms? I heard you buy them with gold now, but how are they handling old heirlooms with enchants, do they keep enchants?
Old 16th September 2014, 11:34 AM   #58
El Nermo Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunagirll View Post
bumpy bump

Who is on beta?

I've played beta for a few hours now and I'm really enjoying it. The storyline seems okay, and the questing is much simpler. The simplification of spells, talents, update to the bag system makes me feel like I'm not overly missing my addons.
I bought WoD/re-subbed last week hoping to score a beta key with no luck... so going to level a Priest on Jubei-Thos then move my main over when WoD lands../
El Nermo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 11:47 AM   #59
NSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
What are they doing with heirlooms? I heard you buy them with gold now, but how are they handling old heirlooms with enchants, do they keep enchants?
I would be surprised if the heirloom collection (which isn't implemented yet) don't work like Void Storage.

i.e no enchants, gems, whatever.
NSanity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 1:34 PM   #60
tunagirll

An update for the healers on what the overarching plan is in WoD:

" The problem is that when healing was in that state, the only way we could kill someone in a raid or dungeon was with massive damage, fatal if the healer didn't react instantly; it led to sudden spike deaths, punished latency, and made healing more like whack-a-mole and less like a series of tactical decisions. And in raids, as soon as maximizing throughput becomes all that matters, healing risks turning into a rotation performed irrespective of the encounter or the incoming damage.

Our goal is not to make healing more difficult. Note that nowhere in the above did I say that a problem with Mists healing is that it was too "easy." We want to slow down the pace a bit, and for the challenge in healing to lie more in making decisions about spell usage and targeting, and less in twitch-reaction and sustaining a DPS-style rotation. This also means that the cost of a mistake is not a dead player, but rather a more injured one, giving you a chance to fix your error."

http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/09/15/wa...ealing-in-dun/

Sounds like some good news for us Aussie players.