Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Old 16th September 2014, 4:23 PM   #61
japes

If they make healing like it was in early Cataclysm (similar to Vanilla/TBC where you needed to employ a basic thought process) they're onto a winner. They managed to completely nullify the disaster that was thoughtless WOTLK spam and it really split the good healers from the bad. Hopefully in WoD they can make that last more than a single tier like it did in Cata, though.
japes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2014, 2:00 AM   #62
tunagirll

Been doing some fishing on the beta.

Seems that your skill (including bauble bonuses, gear etc) will directly influence your efficency at catching fish:

Low skill level - small fish , stack of 20
Average skill level - normal size, stack of 10
High skill level - humongous size, stack of 5

You catch and convert a stack into a cookable 'fillet' product which you can then use to level up your cooking and produce food, drink and buff food. Fishing is also regularly producing fishing bonus items like baubles, 'species attractants' to catch specific kinds of fish, and the usual social amusement items.

Interestingly cooking food and the act of fishing pulled up the skills and recipes, rather than learning them from a trainer.
Old 24th September 2014, 11:35 AM   #63
raGneG

IGN gave out 500 beta keys to aussies. Anyone get one?

Edit: Just as I posted this.. mine arrived.
OCAU NIGHT OWL #9 - OCAU METAL CLUB #9 - Last.FM

Steam profile: ragneg

Last edited by raGneG; 24th September 2014 at 12:02 PM.
raGneG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 1:33 PM   #64
Manbag

AusGamers have 200 keys to give away
http://www.ausgamers.com/promotions/warlords-of-draenor
Manbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2014, 10:52 AM   #65
Smegenstein

Free character to 90...makes me almost wanna buy it when it comes out.. I tried the panda expansion but just could not get into it
2500k @ 4.5 (Bench @ 4.8)|| ASRock Extreme4 Gen 3 Z68 || 4 x 4GB GSkill Ripjaws || 128GB Crucial M4 || 2TB Cuda || HIS 7950 Currently Stock (Bench at 1100/1575) || Corsair AX750M || Coolermaster HAF 932 Advance

My Movember: http://mobro.co/12566769
Smegenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2014, 11:26 AM   #66
Zyther

Hey Guys,

Taking the Thursday and Friday off work to smash out 90-100 fast as possible.

Looking for other aussies to group with for this. thinking instance qing will be fastest.

Send me a PM if you are also looking to do something similar.
Zyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2014, 12:31 PM   #67
NSanity

Fuck this game.

587 Hunter boots being hung up till WoD on Tuesday. Marks plays like a Ret Paladin and thats just damned awful. BM is *slightly* above a prot warrior w/o vengeance.

Dusting off my warrior now, running LFR. Thats how much i'm not playing a Marks hunter.
NSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2014, 12:36 PM   #68
Grom Hellscream

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSanity View Post
Fuck this game.

587 Hunter boots being hung up till WoD on Tuesday. Marks plays like a Ret Paladin and thats just damned awful. BM is *slightly* above a prot warrior w/o vengeance.

Dusting off my warrior now, running LFR. Thats how much i'm not playing a Marks hunter.
Wah wah wah, I don't like one of my three dps specs. At least you have options, unlike the poor buggers playing ret paladins (hence I've rerolled another class. Paladins are always gonna suck).
Grom Hellscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2014, 12:39 PM   #69
BAK

Quote:
Fuck this game.

I am a little surprised that Blizzard don't seem all that phased by the significant differences in simulated DPS top and bottom. "Oh we never do a patchwerk style fight so it doesn't matter". There's lots of hunters crying that they're no longer viable - honestly I can't see how that would last for long.

Perhaps they're balanced around the L100 talents or something and it magically makes them OK again. Either way, it's only a month between 6.0 and Warlords, so it's probably not going to make that much difference.
Old 12th October 2014, 12:51 PM   #70
NSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAK View Post
I am a little surprised that Blizzard don't seem all that phased by the significant differences in simulated DPS top and bottom. "Oh we never do a patchwerk style fight so it doesn't matter". There's lots of hunters crying that they're no longer viable - honestly I can't see how that would last for long.

Perhaps they're balanced around the L100 talents or something and it magically makes them OK again. Either way, it's only a month between 6.0 and Warlords, so it's probably not going to make that much difference.
Nope.

Marks is middle tier come 100, BM/SV is again, slightly above a prot warrior.

The actual fuck.
Old 12th October 2014, 12:57 PM   #71
Dingarth

So what? Play the class you enjoy. WGAF if its middle of the pack

Classes go in cycles......can't be god forever
7700k | H115i | Asus Maximus IX CODE | Corsair RGB 16gb | Asus Strix 1080TI | Samsung M.2 SSD 250GB | Samsung SSD 500GB | 2x Toshiba 5TB | Seasonic 1250W | Corsair 750D | Corsair K95 | Roccat Kone XTD | 2x Benq XL2420TE 144hz
Dingarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2014, 12:58 PM   #72
BAK

Quote:
Nope.

Marks is middle tier come 100, BM/SV is again, slightly above a prot warrior.

The actual fuck.
Either way, good players will still outperform bad players in most situations, regardless of class. I've never been much for swapping to FOTM classes - things change so quickly.
Old 12th October 2014, 12:59 PM   #73
Copie

I know that elitism, its someone who used to play vanilla and pretends like he was in a US top 20 guild.
Copie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2014, 1:01 PM   #74
NSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingarth View Post
So what? Play the class you enjoy. WGAF if its middle of the pack
Thats just it. I don't enjoy marks at all. It is literally almost as bad as a MoP Ret Pally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingarth View Post
Classes go in cycles......can't be god forever
I was a warrior well before a hunter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAK View Post
Either way, good players will still outperform bad players in most situations, regardless of class. I've never been much for swapping to FOTM classes - things change so quickly.
This is true, that largely why i was successful as a hunter. But a big part of my enjoyment from the game is competing with others in a raid. Others does not include healer's and tanks incidental dps

Last edited by NSanity; 12th October 2014 at 1:04 PM.
Old 12th October 2014, 1:10 PM   #75
BAK

Quote:
competing with others in a raid. Others does not include healer's and tanks incidental dps
I'm glad you added that stipulation. It annoys me when people are so fiercely competitive over HPS and tank DPS, often at the expense of performing their primary role well. I'm super glad that they're changing vengeance to nip a lot of that in the bud.

I've been a paladin since Vanilla. I healed until early wrath then switched to tank and have been one ever since - we haven't always been the best tanks but I've made it work for me. My rant at the moment is nobody needs tanks - with so many guilds going 10 heroic -> 20 mythic, everybody already has their tanks all set.