Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 12th October 2014, 1:14 PM   #76
Submariner

Checking out the Mr. Robot's Blog for 6.0.2.

Quote:
•Stat squish: all of your stats have been ‘squished’ in the patch.
•Reforging is gone. All gear returns to its pre-reforged state.
•Hit and Expertise are gone
•Dodge and parry aren’t really ‘good’ anymore. Crit now gives some classes and specs parry (like with Riposte for Warriors, which now makes crit give you parry)
•Agility and Intellect no longer give Critical Strike
•Profession bonuses to combat no longer give bonuses. For example JC gems now give the same amount of stats as a regular gem.
•Gear upgraded with Valor stays upgraded. You can still upgrade MoP gear, but you use 50 lesser charms per upgrade instead of Valor.
•New level 550 gear from the updated level 90 Upper Blackrock Spire!

<SNIP>

Increased Drop Rates for 6.0.2!

Garrosh heirloom drop rate significantly increased. If you don’t have an heirloom yet, you have a 100% chance to get a spec-appropriate item when killing garrosh on normal or higher.
http://blog.askmrrobot.com/

Fact countdown:
http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2014/09/c...facts-for-wod/

It is 4 weeks, 4 days, 5 hours, 45 minutes, 39 seconds

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...or&csz=1&swk=1

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 12th October 2014, 1:16 PM   #77
NSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAK View Post
I'm glad you added that stipulation. It annoys me when people are so fiercely competitive over HPS and tank DPS, often at the expense of performing their primary role well. I'm super glad that they're changing vengeance to nip a lot of that in the bud.

I've been a paladin since Vanilla. I healed until early wrath then switched to tank and have been one ever since - we haven't always been the best tanks but I've made it work for me. My rant at the moment is nobody needs tanks - with so many guilds going 10 heroic -> 20 mythic, everybody already has their tanks all set.
10m Tanks really did get the shaft. I started working our guild for Warlords in Jan. We formed a 25m raid in August, and managed a few < 30% wipes on Hc SC before "new xpac-itis" showed up 2 weeks ago. We reformed a 10 "just to drop him" and managed it the other night. Another night of Paragons saw 4/9 down, but overall we don't have time.

Then again, Prot Pallys in ToT were actually off-the-chain. Resolve and WoD healing is going to put healers and tanks back where they belong. Both are changes for the better imo.
NSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2014, 1:21 PM   #78
BAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSanity View Post
10m Tanks really did get the shaft. I started working our guild for Warlords in Jan. We formed a 25m raid in August, and managed a few < 30% wipes on Hc SC before "new xpac-itis" showed up 2 weeks ago. We reformed a 10 "just to drop him" and managed it the other night. Another night of Paragons saw 4/9 down, but overall we don't have time.

Then again, Prot Pallys in ToT were actually off-the-chain. Resolve and WoD healing is going to put healers and tanks back where they belong. Both are changes for the better imo.
Yeah, for sure. I'm a little concerned how disparate the tank(s) damage is on SimC rankings but hopefully it's a little closer once things go live.

I left it far too late - was raiding in several groups that were 10-11H on various characters, wound those up and OpenRaid pugged a Siegecrafter->Paragons kill and spent about 100 attempts on Garrosh - with another week I think we'd have got there but we wasted far too much time experimenting with/failing the Jade Temple transition. Oh well, maybe I'll luck out and find a mythic guild/group to finish it off before WoD, Heroic Garrosh is the only achievement left in Dungeons&Raids
Old 12th October 2014, 1:22 PM   #79
NSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAK View Post
Yeah, for sure. I'm a little concerned how disparate the tank(s) damage is on SimC rankings but hopefully it's a little closer once things go live.
ToT-era threat problems for warriors and dk's vs monk/prot/brew all over again.

5.4.8 587 bm = 370-380K DPS
5.4.8 548 smf = 220K DPS

6.0 587 Marks = 11-12k dps
6.0 548 SMF = 9.3k dps, no execute phase.

Last edited by NSanity; 12th October 2014 at 9:51 PM.
Old 13th October 2014, 12:06 PM   #80
Shawry

Quote:
Resolve and WoD healing is going to put healers and tanks back where they belong. Both are changes for the better imo.
It's such a fine balance though. The fun vs traditional approach polarises a lot of the player community.
Tanks get a big boost of numbers at the end of an expansion because they become so easy and forgiving, then once the xpac gets released their numbers take a nose dive.

I play BrM, Im happy with no vengeance, actually doing some damage outside of a raid (at lower gear levels mainly) but I love my self-healing for soloing shit and being independant!
Probably wont be tanking as much anyway, as guild has its tanks sorted for Mythic raiding so they wont need me!
Shawry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2014, 12:44 PM   #81
sjaeger172004 Thread Starter

What time in sydney does the xpac go live?
MainDesktop: Win 10 Pro 64, Intel i7 4770K,GB Z78-D3HP, 16GB RAM (2x8gb) g-skill ripjaw X, 1 x 250gb Samsung EVO 840, 1x 4TB WD Black,600GB Vraptor, antec 1200, corsair tx850, samsung dvd burner, 2x Samsung S24C300L 24in, XFX AMD 290 4GB
sjaeger172004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2014, 12:58 PM   #82
r8response

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaeger172004 View Post
Quote:
We will be performing scheduled maintenance beginning on Tuesday, October 14, at 7:00 PM AEDT and we expect the service to be available again at approximately 05:00 AM AEDT Wednesday, October 15. During this time the game and many web services will be unavailable.
Thank you for your patience!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14730294072
So wednesday 5am. Expect them to be flaky for the majority of the day (if not week)
r8response is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2014, 1:00 PM   #83

That's the 6.02 patch not warlords xpac that gets released in November
MainDesktop: Win 10 Pro 64, Intel i7 4770K,GB Z78-D3HP, 16GB RAM (2x8gb) g-skill ripjaw X, 1 x 250gb Samsung EVO 840, 1x 4TB WD Black,600GB Vraptor, antec 1200, corsair tx850, samsung dvd burner, 2x Samsung S24C300L 24in, XFX AMD 290 4GB
Old 13th October 2014, 1:01 PM   #84
NSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawry View Post
It's such a fine balance though. The fun vs traditional approach polarises a lot of the player community.
Tanks get a big boost of numbers at the end of an expansion because they become so easy and forgiving, then once the xpac gets released their numbers take a nose dive.
Removing Vengeance will kill a lot of tanks i think. Its not as glamourous, and the DPS heroes will lose interest. Combine this with the 10 -> 20 thing, and i feel that will cushion the blow somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawry View Post
I play BrM, Im happy with no vengeance, actually doing some damage outside of a raid (at lower gear levels mainly) but I love my self-healing for soloing shit and being independant!
Probably wont be tanking as much anyway, as guild has its tanks sorted for Mythic raiding so they wont need me!
I have a 570-something Brew, tanked upto 9/14Hc. I get what you mean, and WW is just absolute snoozefest to play on Live, let alone when they simplify all the rotations for WoD.

I haven't done much on Beta with Tanks, I'm currently in a rush to get a better grip on my warrior for the next month which i haven't really done much with since early ToT, besides Gold CM's as Prot.

I tanked a bit on Brew w/ a Drood healer. Threat and Pickup was fine (basically like live), but i felt more squishy than ever - that said, I didn't have all my TMW's i use to manage Stagger, EB and Guard. I dunno - they don't feel any worse or better tbh.

Not sure on Solo Content.

Quote:
Midnight Pacific so...

7pm Friday Sydney
4pm Friday Perth
6:30pm Friday Adelaide
9pm Friday NZ

meanwhile, here's a macro for hunters in WoD currently.

#showtooltip Aspect of the Fox
/cast Aspect of the Fox
/y IMMA VALIDATING MY RAID SPOT

Last edited by NSanity; 13th October 2014 at 1:06 PM.
Old 13th October 2014, 1:03 PM   #85

Quote:
Removing Vengeance will kill a lot of tanks i think. Its not as glamourous, and the DPS heroes will lose interest. Combine this with the 10 -> 20 thing, and i feel that will cushion the blow somewhat.

I have a 570-something Brew, tanked upto 9/14Hc. I get what you mean, and WW is just absolute snoozefest to play on Live, let alone when they simplify all the rotations for WoD.

I haven't done much on Beta with Tanks, I'm currently in a rush to get a better grip on my warrior for the next month which i haven't really done much with since early ToT, besides Gold CM's as Prot.

I tanked a bit on Brew w/ a Drood healer. Threat and Pickup was fine (basically like live), but i felt more squishy than ever - that said, I didn't have all my TMW's i use to manage Stagger, EB and Guard. I dunno - they don't feel any worse or better tbh.

Not sure on Solo Content.

Midnight Pacific so...

7pm Friday Sydney
4pm Friday Perth
6:30pm Friday Adelaide
9pm Friday NZ
Dam thanks so just have a few hours to play before my 1:45pm flight out of Sydney
Old 13th October 2014, 2:33 PM   #86
r8response

Quote:
That's the 6.02 patch not warlords xpac that gets released in November
Yeah, I durped
r8response is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 8:43 PM   #87
Nightwish

So tonight is patch night. I'm kinda scared to login tomorrow lol its gonna be weird to see some not so familiar faces my login screen. In sad belf was the only race not finished
Nightwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 9:05 PM   #88
NSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
So tonight is patch night. I'm kinda scared to login tomorrow lol its gonna be weird to see some not so familiar faces my login screen. In sad belf was the only race not finished
This considering they have basically best racial.
Old 14th October 2014, 9:21 PM   #89
BAK

Quote:
Good. Trying to find a guild for Mythic Prog (that isn't a "hay guyz we just arena now but we're totes raiding in WoD, best prog guild NA in mythicks" guild) as a Prot Paladin at the moment is a challenge. Almost all guilds that are anything past 11/14H have tanks coming out their ears, it seems.

Hopefully as you say, the DPS heroes cry hard about their no more vengeance cheesing, switch to [insert fotm dps class here] and the guild(s?) leadership discover my awesomeness and recruit me.
Old 14th October 2014, 11:32 PM   #90
Nightwish

Won't 6.0.2 install until servers are up? Gave my bro my hdd to get the patch but he hasn't copied it. I REALLLLLLLLLLLY DON'T want to waste my time going to his house. Is he being lazy, dumb or telling me the truth. I just want to get my HDD at work tomorrow copy it to my PC and play. Not waste my time going to his house THEN copying the stupid game which will take ages
Nightwish is offline   Reply With Quote