Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Retro & Arcade

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 31st March 2014, 9:59 AM   #91
BuuBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin Joe View Post
eBay is a bit hit and miss price wise so I gave these guys a go when I needed a couple of ISA video cards not too long ago. Great service, shipped nice and fast and more importantly worked. They have a shop in North Melbourne so even better for you they are local.
Thanks for the link.

Went to order and the site isn't secure, so might go for a trip to North Melbourne instead.
BuuBox is online now   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 31st March 2014, 12:05 PM   #92
Sektor

I made a video comparing Super Nintendo power supplies: http://youtu.be/eOKrrM1T50I
Sektor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 2:12 PM   #93
Mau1wurf1977
(Banned or Deleted)

Quote:
I ordered quite a few things from them and each time I had to follow up on the sales. The status would be "processing" for weeks. Only when contacting them would they actually ship it.

Haven't had many issues with eBay to be honest.
Mau1wurf1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 2:27 PM   #94
metamorphosis

Played Strider on a Sega Genesis emulator. Nostalgia-goggles made me think it was way better than it is now.
The remake is meant to be quite good:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/235210/
metamorphosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 3:48 PM   #95
snappy1

Played 2 hours of Teddy Boy on my Sega Game Gear, recently picked up a 21 game cartridge, dropped it in to test and got stuck in a teddy boy loop
snappy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 9:19 PM   #96
Flamin Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mau1wurf1977 View Post
I ordered quite a few things from them and each time I had to follow up on the sales. The status would be "processing" for weeks. Only when contacting them would they actually ship it.

Interesting. I don't recall having any issues when I ordered a couple of items.

My only issue with eBay is the pricing a lot of sellers charge for retro gear. $15 for a Tseng Labs ET4000AX for example is a steal considering the rort some sellers are charging for the same card on eBay.

Btw I tried those FastVoodoo2 drivers you mention earlier with the 2 x Voodoo 2's I have and they work a treat!

It's a bit of mismatch system. I'm using my old Rendition V2100 (Diamond Stealth II S220) I had all those years ago for the 2D along with the Voodoo 2's for the 3D acceleration. Feels kind of funny to me because back then I was firmly in the Rendition camp so 3Dfx was the enemy! Now here they are all those years later working in tandem. Loving it!

PC Big Box Game Collecting
My Collection
Flamin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 9:57 PM   #97
Mau1wurf1977
(Banned or Deleted)

Yea Voodoo cards will always be something special!

Played around some more with A3D and installed the Aureal demos. Very cool stuff. Simple but cool and shows off what you can do with this technology.

It's really depressing when you realise how little hardware accelerated audio has progressed. In fact we are back to software acceleration only

Found two IDE DVDRWs at work. Only one plays CD audio tracks through the analogue port at the back. Quite a few of the late drives simply do not implement this feature.
Old 1st April 2014, 9:51 AM   #98
TaXy DriVar

Quote:

I've just placed an order for a 1.2MB FDD and Cable. Whilst site isn't secure, my Credit Card Company is good at catching thieves. So will see how long it takes.

Will update if any issues.
TaXy DriVar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 9:57 AM   #99
Mau1wurf1977
(Banned or Deleted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaXy DriVar View Post
I've just placed an order for a 1.2MB FDD and Cable. Whilst site isn't secure, my Credit Card Company is good at catching thieves. So will see how long it takes.

Will update if any issues.
Don't get me wrong, I always got the goods in the end. But it took forever. I don't think they are very "customer oriented" or care a lot about what they do

One board had bulging caps and they send me to AOpen Slot 1 boards as replacements, that was nice. I could keep the faulty board and replaced the caps. Working well now.
Old 1st April 2014, 10:25 AM   #100
sean0118

Quote:
...They have a shop in North Melbourne so even better for you they are local.
Awesome, I didn't know about them, I'll check it out
sean0118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 10:35 AM   #101
qwertylesh

Played Super Mario World on my new supaboy on the train all the way in to work. It puts emulators to shame
:O
qwertylesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 11:28 AM   #102
Flamin Joe

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I always got the goods in the end. But it took forever. I don't think they are very "customer oriented" or care a lot about what they do
Yeah that's probably true. I was thinking back to when I last purchased from them mid-last year and I do recall emailing them after doing the order asking if they could ship ASAP. That was because I was being impatient as I only just received an XT I'd be chasing forever from overseas and was eager to play with it over the weekend.

It must of prompted them to get there ass into gear and from memory it only took a couple of days from ordering to receiving it (I did Express shipping). So it might pay to give them a friendly bump when you order.

PC Big Box Game Collecting
My Collection
Flamin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 12:09 PM   #103
BuuBox

Quote:
It must of prompted them to get there ass into gear and from memory it only took a couple of days from ordering to receiving it (I did Express shipping). So it might pay to give them a friendly bump when you order.
I emailed them this morning and they replied back within 30 minutes. I'm picking up a few items on Saturday.

They've got a few interesting bits and pieces on their website. I'd like this, if I had a use for it: http://www.a1usedcomputers.com.au/sh...idproduct=4216

Dual Slot 1 motherboard with 2 x Pentium III 500MHz CPUs installed and a bit of RAM for $55.
BuuBox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 1:05 PM   #104
TaXy DriVar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuuBox View Post
I emailed them this morning and they replied back within 30 minutes. I'm picking up a few items on Saturday.

They've got a few interesting bits and pieces on their website. I'd like this, if I had a use for it: http://www.a1usedcomputers.com.au/sh...idproduct=4216

Dual Slot 1 motherboard with 2 x Pentium III 500MHz CPUs installed and a bit of RAM for $55.
I also emailed them this morning and received this from the MD.

These items are held at our remote warehouse and will be accessed overnight - for shipment via Express Post tomorrow. So, I would expect that delivery to Dural, NSW should be Thursday - subject to Australia Post meeting their agreed standards.

Kind Regards,

So here's hoping I get it in a few days, and that it works!
TaXy DriVar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 7:07 PM   #105
Mau1wurf1977
(Banned or Deleted)

Got these 3 Pentium 4 motherboards. The large AOpen has SIS chipset, the other ones are Intel.

I got them for 99 cent each, but postage was $15 a pop and it appears the seller paid $21 which is odd, seeing the seller used an eBay satchel and each box only weighs a Kg. Has AusPost increased prices on 3Kg Satchels?

Also the AOpen board (Intel chipset) doesn't post. Shame as this was the one I wanted to use for my Voodoo 2 benchmarking marathon

"Adventurous packing". Bubble wrap and stuck in a satchel

Some images:

With the Abit I Expected some fancy looking BIOS, but nope, looks pretty standard. There was a BIOS password but I CMOS cleared it.

Non POSTing AOpen Intel chipset board