Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 18th February 2016, 9:34 AM   #16
FerrisXB9R

CBT2 unlocks 6pm tonight QLD time, for those interested.

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 18th February 2016, 1:17 PM   #17
Sphinx2000

Any good guides / tips?
Apparently there is fark all hand-holding in this game for the uninitiated.

Have been watching this guy, seems informative with guides: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYd...x1p0ZbHovrY4Tg

But no classes guides yet

Sphinx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 10:20 AM   #18
FerrisXB9R

Runs surprisingly well for how pretty it is.

Combat is different and fun. No "1, 2, 5, 2, 1, 1, 1, 3" style of gameplay. It's all movement and button combos to do moves.
Old 19th February 2016, 12:27 PM   #19
Pinkeh

Price estimate from KR/RUS version

$35-99 for some costumes
$12 for a T1 pet, $225 for 4x T3 pets
$25 for a couch
$2-5 for vigor potions
$?? dyes each

Then account services like bank slots, inventory weight, inventory slots, character slots

Thinking this game will add up to cost more than a normal subscription based game.
ASUS P8P67 EVO | I5 2500K @ 3.3GHZ | KINGSTON HYPER FURY 2x8GB DDR3 RAM | GIGABYTE GTX 1080 G1 GAMING 8GB | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 512GB + WD CAVIAR BLACK 4X6 TB | NZXT PHANTOM FULL TOWER | 3X DELL U2311H @ 5760X1080 RESOLUTION
Pinkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 1:19 PM   #20
sammy_b0i

I got a CBT2 invite and have the client downloaded and waiting at home. Will give it a spin this afternoon, but I've got a GW2 account, so I'm not expecting anything -that-revolutionary.. though I am expecting the lagzilla.
OCAU is a breeding ground for hyper-moralistic 13 year olds who've never stepped out of the computer room in their entire life. Young liberals, young labor, people who will grow old and die before they ever think about pulling their head out.
sammy_b0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 3:57 PM   #21
Sphinx2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisXB9R View Post
Combat is different and fun. No "1, 2, 5, 2, 1, 1, 1, 3" style of gameplay. It's all movement and button combos to do moves.
Reminds me of a side-by-side fighting game with movement combos, etc, pretty cool for an mmo, complete with kicks and throws.
Also pickup, convo and interact hot keys means not a lot of necessary mouse clicking. No lag either here for me.
Sphinx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 4:18 PM   #22
sammy_b0i

Wow, what a POS. Put an hour in and it's grindy, clunky, stupid... what a waste
OCAU is a breeding ground for hyper-moralistic 13 year olds who've never stepped out of the computer room in their entire life. Young liberals, young labor, people who will grow old and die before they ever think about pulling their head out.
sammy_b0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 12:42 PM   #23
FerrisXB9R

THOROUGHLY loved the CBT2. Keenly awaiting release March 3.
Old 22nd February 2016, 3:12 PM   #24
Pinkeh

Yea I enjoyed the beta. Witch or sorcerer I think.

The UI is not that clunky. It has a steep learning curve, but once you familiarise with what you have to do, it's not very hard at all.

The game doesn't explain itself very well. A distinct lack of hand holding after it dumps you into the game world. The soot ball / black spirit is freaky as.
ASUS P8P67 EVO | I5 2500K @ 3.3GHZ | KINGSTON HYPER FURY 2x8GB DDR3 RAM | GIGABYTE GTX 1080 G1 GAMING 8GB | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 512GB + WD CAVIAR BLACK 4X6 TB | NZXT PHANTOM FULL TOWER | 3X DELL U2311H @ 5760X1080 RESOLUTION

Last edited by Pinkeh; 22nd February 2016 at 3:14 PM.
Old 22nd February 2016, 3:36 PM   #25
FerrisXB9R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkeh View Post
Yea I enjoyed the beta. Witch or sorcerer I think.

The UI is not that clunky. It has a steep learning curve, but once you familiarise with what you have to do, it's not very hard at all.

The game doesn't explain itself very well. A distinct lack of hand holding after it dumps you into the game world. The soot ball / black spirit is freaky as.
Yeah enjoyed Wizard/Witch the most, but found the Tamer the most "engaging" if you actually try to chain combos. Too glass cannon for me though, even though I'd love to play one after level 20 (summoning Heilang).

I think the defining moment for me was having my gf one shot by an ancient troll warrior as a Sorc. I managed to keep it occupied for over 10 minutes without taking a hit, and being able to sustain combat without health or mana pots the whole time as a Wizard. It sorta hit home at that point that the Wizard was not the "stand still and cast" turret I initially assumed he was going to be. The combat was fast paced and flowed well. With the Wizard, I found button bashing doesn't help. You need to know your moveset, or nothing happens. The Tamer I found forgiving in the sense you can pretty much just button mash and hope for the best, fill your screen with flashy goodness and come out the other side hopefully unscathed, without really knowing what you actually did.'

edit: things worth noting:

1. pets AND mounts are account wide. If you want your donkey early on an alt, and you've already got a horse, go park your donkey at Olvia.

2. contribution points are account wide, and quite important. You accumulate them, and can never "lose" them. They're deposited temporarily where-ever you choose to invest them until you rescind them. Node managers must be seen in person to unlock and contribute points to nodes, but you can remotely take your points back out of them.

3. Fishing is a afk'ers license to print money.

4. Your donkey needs to be level 8 before you'll hit level 5 in training, so you can go tame wild horses with the capture rope (which needs you to be that level 5 in training before you can throw it).

5. the donkey is a quest reward, and you can get it just from following the dark energy spirits questline and nothing else in about 30-45 minutes.

6. buying a house and a bed and resting in it will restore your energy at rate of 1 point/minute (every 3 minutes), instead of 1/3minutes. eg, it's a 3x recovery rate, but the recovery cycle doesnt speed up, it's still recovered every 3 minutes.

Last edited by FerrisXB9R; 22nd February 2016 at 3:44 PM.
FerrisXB9R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 3:57 PM   #26
Pinkeh

Yep AFK Fishing seems to be the way to go if you want money.

I want to do commerce routes but I didn't get that far into the beta.

Wizard was the most engaging and fun class. Like you said - know your abilities and cast durations, and when to use them. All hands on deck, get out of the way or you get SMASHED.

Sorceror was more focused on single target takedowns. Should be good for PVP.

I want to try the warrior or tamer before the day ends.

Last edited by Pinkeh; 22nd February 2016 at 4:00 PM.
Old 22nd February 2016, 4:11 PM   #27
FerrisXB9R

yeah Tamer IS fucking OP, but as well as having chained together movesets, it is also button masher friendly. TBH I think I'm too slow to give the class proper justice. I found button mashing just as effective as actually properly chaining combos. It's also the only class I found to be a pot chugger, both hp and mp.

edit:

I got commerce routes going. In a nutshell, you need to do the following:

1. Download a fucking node map. It'll show you the nodes you need to invest in to link 2 towns together.
2. have enough contrib points to fire up the nodes between the 2 towns, that link the 2 towns together. The towns count as activated nodes themselves, you don't need to do anything to them per se.
3. Once all the nodes are linked between the 2 towns, you now have full market sale prices for all goods bought and sold between the 2 towns. If you don't have them linked, it's only a 30% sale value (ie: always a loss unless the item fell in your lap)
4. Buy and sell whatever the hell you want, until you figure out the most profitable goods to buy and sell.
5. Find a trade manager in either town. Park your donkey/horse/whatever within farting distance of them, you're going to need your mount in quick proximity. If you're close enough when you buy goods, they trader will offer to load them directly on your mount instead of in your backpack
6. buying the trade goods, you'll notice they're HEAVY. The donkey can carry a lot more weight than you, but only 5 items. A standard horse can only carry 2. You, as a person, can carry as much as your weight will allow, and your inventory space. Trade items don't stack. Trade goods are a good way to level up your strength, if you really want. Just struggle under the weight of a trade good for a while.
7. Set navigation in world map to the trade manager in the other linked town, Press T and go to sleep.
8. Rinse and repeat when you get there. Soon you'll be able to afford a wagon, to attach to your horse, to carry more goods, and the cycle continues.

Last edited by FerrisXB9R; 22nd February 2016 at 4:26 PM.
FerrisXB9R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 5:45 PM   #28
FerrisXB9R

And CBT2 finishes in 15 minutes. Good times.

Now I've got BDO withdrawal until release.
Old 22nd February 2016, 6:08 PM   #29
Pinkeh

Damn i just got home. SAD

Thanks for the tips Ferris
Old 22nd February 2016, 6:50 PM   #30
Khanage

Battleping seems to have found a workaround too. Forum posts seem quite positive about the affect it has on gameplay. Tossing up whether to upgrade from Traveller to Explorer. Would be nice to have a gg and pet from the get go.
Succsessful trades with: SixX, Cazmo, maxed, rodgo, XandraX, pnklnd (x3), thedude, Seishi, shazzad0c, leggit, Macattack51, Sarkazein, mxmai, Rugal, 1shot1kill, dangsta, anthonyl, jET_M@X, Headkicker, tuppaware, SomeFReaK, shaddo, petal666, Moogar, Kenetixx, Plunger, KLoNe, enigma, LaGhostWhoWalks, Lord Belial, Tyrael, Sachima2000, poison, Busta-P, sven222, kingprawnie, Bloar, jinchuuriki, triggerhippie, Malarkey, esprit, caseydhnaram, jumpy, MaD oVeRcLoCkEr, alexc, Elmf, poey120
Khanage is offline   Reply With Quote