Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 23rd February 2016, 7:47 AM   #31
hotsuma

Ill be playing this game on release

The beta went pretty well , I got to 45 and stopped grinding as there is a wipe after the beta and i had other stuff to test.

Ping was good and bad , generally combat seemed pretty fluid and fine , but there was one obvious annoyance if you sprint you rubberband pretty bad.

Its part bug and part due to our ping (my US friends had the same issue when they played in KR) , normal movement or combat on a horse did not seem to have rubber banding just sprinting.

--

I will also mention this game is a massive grinder , most people playing are going to basically skip all quests because there is a soft cap for skill points at 500 (it becomes much harder \ slower to get skill points at this point) and then they are going to go back to start zones and do all the quests.

This is not a theme park mmo where there are quests to max level , it is a Korean mob grinding simulator with specular graphics and combat that is different from most other mmo's.

--

While I have sounded pretty down on the game I just upgraded my $50 pack to the $100 pack, there is a good variety of classes , it is a sandbox mmo, there will be pretty hardcore pvp for those interested in that scene, amazing graphics and plenty of hours worth of content to justify the buy to play sticker price

I will add that hopefully buy to play and not being able to trade other people goods or silver should help reduce the number of bots \ gold sellers which i feel is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkeh View Post
Yep AFK Fishing seems to be the way to go if you want money.
tbh at 45 I had well over 2 million silver just from grinding mobs and selling pretty much everything they dropped, Ill do some crafting \ fishing but for people without the better game packs id reccomend looking into horses pretty early on. You can tame horses and make them mounts and there is different tier's, high tier horses 4+ will sell well and be really good to have because the ranged classes can fight from the back of a horse

some horse combat of a witch
There is a whole horse mount progression thing like until tier 5 they cant strafe and as you can imagine strafing on a horse makes pvp\fighting easier than galloping at a million miles.
...\(__)L... Feed me a stray cat

Last edited by hotsuma; 23rd February 2016 at 8:09 AM.
hotsuma is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 23rd February 2016, 9:38 AM   #32
FerrisXB9R

Great to know, Hotsuma.

Re: skipping quests and grinding, would you recommend doing the dark spirit questline to get the donkey, or completely ignore all quests as soon as you make a character, and get to grinding?

edit: just upgraded GF and my accounts to Conq.

For those playing at home, early access for conq starts at 6PM this sunday, QLD time.

Last edited by FerrisXB9R; 23rd February 2016 at 9:42 AM.
FerrisXB9R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2016, 10:02 AM   #33
Pinkeh

I might upgrade too.

Also I read that pets are the best use of your 2500 pearls because pets don't go poof when you die. And more pets equals faster loot pickup.
ASUS P8P67 EVO | I5 2500K @ 3.3GHZ | KINGSTON HYPER FURY 2x8GB DDR3 RAM | GIGABYTE GTX 1080 G1 GAMING 8GB | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 512GB + WD CAVIAR BLACK 4X6 TB | NZXT PHANTOM FULL TOWER | 3X DELL U2311H @ 5760X1080 RESOLUTION
Pinkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2016, 10:19 AM   #34
FerrisXB9R

Yeah for sure, I'm buying 3 from the outset. Don't really care about the vanity stuff so much.

Don't forget to do name reservation before the 27th

Click here to reserve your family and character name for release
Old 23rd February 2016, 3:21 PM   #35
hotsuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisXB9R View Post
Great to know, Hotsuma.

Re: skipping quests and grinding, would you recommend doing the dark spirit questline to get the donkey, or completely ignore all quests as soon as you make a character, and get to grinding?

edit: just upgraded GF and my accounts to Conq.

For those playing at home, early access for conq starts at 6PM this sunday, QLD time.

I think your safe to do all the black quests except the ones that reward skill points, this is only worth doing if your really min maxing. I hear you will have about 300 skill points at 50, you need to grind to 500 then go back and do his skill points because it gets much harder at that point. I dont think its the biggest deal, a lot of the endgame involves grinding mobs when you are not pvping so although it would take a bit longer you can still get all the points there is no level cap.

Quote:
I might upgrade too.

Also I read that pets are the best use of your 2500 pearls because pets don't go poof when you die. And more pets equals faster loot pickup.
Yeah, im getting 2 additional pets that leaves me with 700 to spend on something visual

I know ill play the game for at least a couple months so the 100 pack was acceptable value for me , I was just going to have the 50$ pack which is fine but the addition of a costume (limited edition and can be dyed , about $35 value), $25 of credits and a tier 5 horse (faster and better for combat, will be a nice thing to have day one if you could buy it off the cash shop would probally be $10+) was enough for me to upgrade. You also get a bunch of extra little stuff like dye's, skill reset points, housing items and obviously the extra head start.

--
At this point id just recommend the 50 or 100 pack if your keen to play during head start otherwise just buy the game and get some credits in a month (im sure they will bring out new sick costumes pretty fast to make money for the game that you will want), you can get any tier horse in game and a for newer players buying a full skill reset off the cash shop may be better money spent (my first build was terrible and you have limited points at low level).
There is higher level content not in the game atm, so players wont be leveling past 55 easily so if you just buy the game and play it for a month or two you could get to the same level as the people who have the 50-100 packs easily, dont feel you need any of the junk in the cash packs wait a couple months and if your still playing just drop some $ on credits and buy whatever you want.

Last edited by hotsuma; 23rd February 2016 at 3:43 PM.
Old 23rd February 2016, 3:31 PM   #36
Pinkeh

So grind to 50 to soft cap, then go back to do story quests? Noted.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/i...-skill-points/

For those of us who don't mind a grind its not bad.

For those who played ragnarok online... it's a breeze.
ASUS P8P67 EVO | I5 2500K @ 3.3GHZ | KINGSTON HYPER FURY 2x8GB DDR3 RAM | GIGABYTE GTX 1080 G1 GAMING 8GB | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 512GB + WD CAVIAR BLACK 4X6 TB | NZXT PHANTOM FULL TOWER | 3X DELL U2311H @ 5760X1080 RESOLUTION

Last edited by Pinkeh; 23rd February 2016 at 3:37 PM.
Old 23rd February 2016, 3:35 PM   #37
FerrisXB9R

Family name Grimdraken
Char name Fez

I'll be looking for you guys come early access.
Old 23rd February 2016, 8:04 PM   #38
FerrisXB9R

Ok, so I got clarification.

Do the Black Spirit Quests, and any inventory space quests, else grind on mobs to 500 SP. THEN go back and do the skillpoint quests.

I don't have a definitive list of what those quests are, but by the time I hit 500SP I guess I can go back and just fulfill my OCD and do every quest everywhere.
Old 23rd February 2016, 8:22 PM   #39
hotsuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisXB9R View Post
Ok, so I got clarification.

Do the Black Spirit Quests, and any inventory space quests, else grind on mobs to 500 SP. THEN go back and do the skillpoint quests.

I don't have a definitive list of what those quests are, but by the time I hit 500SP I guess I can go back and just fulfill my OCD and do every quest everywhere.
I think you are safe to do all the quests up to 15 or 20, you can look in the rewards and it tells you if the reward is skill points.
I dont think there is a list of what quests not to do.

I know a lot of people are just doing the awakening quests , it should say awakening in the title , they give you spells and junk

there is also a low level quest that gives you a good weapon around 20-30 i think.

tldr: just look at the rewards and dont do the skill point ones if you can be bothered checking

--

essentially killing mobs gives you skill points till 500 and then the xp requirement is increased a lot , so people just get to 500 then do the quests to get a few extra skills than other players.
Old 23rd February 2016, 10:39 PM   #40
Pinkeh

Yea that makes sense. I read the grind is real from softcap onwards. So those quests will be easy additional SP once you've hit 500SP.
Old 23rd February 2016, 11:05 PM   #41
Sphinx2000

Quote:
More pets grab more loot?
I was going to get at least one, but when I saw 3 running around looked silly to me..
Sphinx2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2016, 11:15 PM   #42
Pinkeh

You can have 3. Pet loot pickups have a timer, like 10 seconds at tier 1 and less as you get higher tiers, and more skills. So each consecutive pet reduces the amount of wait. When you are nuking mobs with aoe you'll probably not want to stop for loot (which is supposed to disappear after 30 seconds)

Last edited by Pinkeh; 24th February 2016 at 10:31 AM.
Old 24th February 2016, 4:42 AM   #43
hotsuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx2000 View Post
More pets grab more loot?
I was going to get at least one, but when I saw 3 running around looked silly to me..

3 pets are the max you can have out at one time , at rank one (like level one character) they loot 1 timer per 10 seconds.
At high levels they loot much more often but you kill like 10 things at a time so they dont keep up perfectly ever.

The pets just loot for you , they dont create extra loot , I pretty much looted like 100 times in the beta, mostly just shit they missed (they dont run far to loot if you are ranged)
(pets also have to eat to loot , you can get feed from stable hands, about 100 will fill 3 from 0% to 100% , they will not loot at 0 hunger , or when they are starving I guess)

Having 3 pets is worth it if you will be playing for a while but they cost $, you can loot like any other mmo but good luck justifying that to your wallet if you have the cash.
I think at 45 my pets were around tier 5, but it was still worth keeping 3 out looting .

I just purchased 3 cats in beta, they were fine, in release ill buy 2 cats and 1 dog that's it.
All the pet types have minor special abilities , dogs warn you of pvp , cats find you resources (i never did the resource thing but i hear it makes cats decent)
There are other pet types , they all have abilities , nothing game breaking though , just choose whatever you want

---
There is a oce guild called dysfunctional , stay away from them, they ripped off their players in AA and autism is a piece fo sh#t...
There seems to be a lot of oce guilds though, i know a few of their names other than the above they should all be good choices.
I knew people in Myrmidons a long time ago, none of them are in it any more but for starter players that would be a solid guild .

Last edited by hotsuma; 24th February 2016 at 5:27 AM.
Old 24th February 2016, 10:34 AM   #44
Pinkeh

dogs warn of pvp
hawks warn you of boss nearby
cats ?
penguins ?
Old 24th February 2016, 1:23 PM   #45
droopz

So I if we buy the highest tier preorder with the 96 hour head start, we can start playing on the 29th?
droopz is offline   Reply With Quote