Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Old 22nd July 2015, 8:35 PM   #61
r8response

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisXB9R View Post
The only thing about Random Battles that shits me is the prevalent use of out of bounds of the map to invuln your ship "bluelining". A lot of people do it.(at least in tiers I-VIII I've noticed)
Enable replays, save that shit to something like google drive and put it in the Blue Lining thread and hope those scumbag fucks get a well deserved ban
Old 22nd July 2015, 8:51 PM   #62
FerrisXB9R

Yeah I've been frapsing it, but yeah I'll do it the way requested, now that I've read the official forum thread about it.
Old 23rd July 2015, 9:42 AM   #63
mrthong

saw this thread and DL'd the game. looks sick when all your cannons go off! currently on T2 and trying to get a air craft carrier.

When should i be using an AP round?
PSN:s2NE1 | Bnet s2ne1#1890 | SteamID: stwoanyone | Orgin: s2ne1
Desktop: i5 3750k 4.3ghz|Gigabyte x77z-up7|8gbGskill|SLi EVGA GTX670 FTW|Cosair RM850|Cosair 650D| WaterCooled
mrthong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 10:35 AM   #64
Mathuisella

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrthong View Post
saw this thread and DL'd the game. looks sick when all your cannons go off! currently on T2 and trying to get a air craft carrier.

When should i be using an AP round?

oh, an aircraft carrier player

I love them, soo juicy for my torpedos

i've just beeing using HE rounds to cause fires :P
You can evidently see who here holds an attitude of trying to improve and happiness, as compared to the sourpusses that frequent here.
Mathuisella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 10:45 AM   #65
mrthong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathuisella View Post

i've just been using HE rounds to cause fires :P
honestly though, ill probably get sick of it after a few rounds. I like the speed and maneuverability of the cruiers atm

been playing on the sea server, friend told me to switch to NA. only took a day to get to T2
Desktop: i5 3750k 4.3ghz|Gigabyte x77z-up7|8gbGskill|SLi EVGA GTX670 FTW|Cosair RM850|Cosair 650D| WaterCooled
Old 23rd July 2015, 10:50 AM   #66
Coopz

Is there just the weird island map? Pretty sure 99% of sea battles happened in open water, but I assume they are trying to give the maps more hiding spots?

Edit: I think torpedos need a nerf, some little destroyer thing I was fighting seemed to fire of a fresh salvo every 10 seconds and 3 hits and my cruiser died, impossible to avoid at close range.

Last edited by Coopz; 23rd July 2015 at 11:01 AM.
Coopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 11:10 AM   #67
DivHunter

Shitty maps, imbalance and obviously exploitable glitches that should have been fixed in alpha.

I am shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YOU!

DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 11:58 AM   #68
FerrisXB9R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopz View Post
Is there just the weird island map? Pretty sure 99% of sea battles happened in open water, but I assume they are trying to give the maps more hiding spots?

Edit: I think torpedos need a nerf, some little destroyer thing I was fighting seemed to fire of a fresh salvo every 10 seconds and 3 hits and my cruiser died, impossible to avoid at close range.
Torpedos are fine. Don't put yourself in a situation where you can be ambushed by a Destroyer. If you see one broadside at you, point your arse or your nose at him.

Hiding spots are for the destroyers. If you're a big lumbering ship, stick to open water, unless all destroyers are dead, and there's bugger all IJN cruisers around.
Old 23rd July 2015, 2:19 PM   #69
mrthong

Been playing crusier and hiding behind a rock, or just angle myself against an island to be able to fire shots off without being compromised by other ships. I avoid fighting in open waters unless there's like 2-3 ships left
Old 23rd July 2015, 4:07 PM   #70
FerrisXB9R

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrthong View Post
Been playing crusier and hiding behind a rock, or just angle myself against an island to be able to fire shots off without being compromised by other ships. I avoid fighting in open waters unless there's like 2-3 ships left
Gotta be careful with that, any DD can sneak up from behind the island and plug you before you get underway again. Really the only ship type safe with that tactic is the DD, because it can move and turn so fast. Everything else is sitting ducks if they stop. Learn to zig zag and never stop moving.

It works fine for you now, but higher tier play it'll be a bad habit you'll have to unlearn as DD like the Minekaze fuck you over repeatedly.
Old 23rd July 2015, 8:53 PM   #71
|BeFoRe|

Quote:
Whats everyones playernames? I'd love to add you all.
JQP is my-ingame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathuisella View Post

i've just beeing using HE rounds to cause fires :P
i like using my dive bombers against DD's, only takes 2 DB's to send a DD back to garage. 1st one causes the fire & flooding, wait 5/10 seconds as they always use there Repair due to the paper thing armour then i drop the 2nd DB and slow flood / fire them back there Garage.

& yeah gotta love HE shells, guarantee fire starter love setting BB's on fire in my Murmansk or anyother cruiser. They use there Repairs, then you immediatly send 'em up in flames again and drool over all that sweet sweet damage points while they slow cook.
Rinse & repeat and end-game payout is always so so juicy.

Last edited by |BeFoRe|; 23rd July 2015 at 9:12 PM.
|BeFoRe| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 9:36 PM   #72
Mathuisella

Quote:
Originally Posted by |BeFoRe| View Post
JQP is my-ingame

i like using my dive bombers against DD's, only takes 2 DB's to send a DD back to garage. 1st one causes the fire & flooding, wait 5/10 seconds as they always use there Repair due to the paper thing armour then i drop the 2nd DB and slow flood / fire them back there Garage.

& yeah gotta love HE shells, guarantee fire starter love setting BB's on fire in my Murmansk or anyother cruiser. They use there Repairs, then you immediatly send 'em up in flames again and drool over all that sweet sweet damage points while they slow cook.
Rinse & repeat and end-game payout is always so so juicy.

hehe, yeah. although you'll come up to a good DD player eventually that can dodge torpedos pretty well from the bombers
You can evidently see who here holds an attitude of trying to improve and happiness, as compared to the sourpusses that frequent here.
Mathuisella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 10:06 PM   #73
|BeFoRe|

no i dont hit them with Torpedoes, i hit them with dive bombers, that way the DD can squiggle as much as they wont, they gonna get hit no matter how much they squiggle around changing directions quickly etc etc.

I never waste time trying to hit them with Torpedoes as they're to nimble to get a decent hit with.
Old 23rd July 2015, 10:53 PM   #74
FerrisXB9R

Quote:
Originally Posted by |BeFoRe| View Post
no i dont hit them with Torpedoes, i hit them with dive bombers, that way the DD can squiggle as much as they wont, they gonna get hit no matter how much they squiggle around changing directions quickly etc etc.

I never waste time trying to hit them with Torpedoes as they're to nimble to get a decent hit with.
Watch some youtube videos of iChase in a DD, he squiggles out of divebomber attacks all the time, taking NO damage. You're on the right track though, DB vs TB against a DD.
Old 24th July 2015, 12:12 AM   #75
|BeFoRe|

Quote:
Watch some youtube videos of iChase in a DD, he squiggles out of divebomber attacks all the time, taking NO damage. You're on the right track though, DB vs TB against a DD.
Yeah caught a few of he's twitch streams.

Gotta remember though this is SEA server were talking about. It's like taking candy from a baby 95% of the matches so many tomatoe players.

the other 5% i swear it feels like im trying to shoot fish in a barrel with a Spud Gun.

Last edited by |BeFoRe|; 24th July 2015 at 12:17 AM.
|BeFoRe| is offline   Reply With Quote