OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 18th July 2016, 8:13 PM   #136
Ck21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoutS View Post
Ret seems freaky..some saying its dos is good others claiming blue murder.
Ret has always been like that, for some people who have godly RNG for some reason, its awesome, for people who arnt so lucky, and get partiuclary bad RNG streaks, their rage is understandable. (FYI, i havent been keeping up with any class, cause blizzard stopped giving me beta access after i skipped cata)

Im well prepped, i have every class @ 100 (avg ilvl690~) besides monk and DK, Been feral druid main since very late classic (feral/guardian since the spec split), with my goto alt enh shaman.

If either are radically changed to the point of unplayability when the patch hits, ill skip legion like i skipped CATA/MOP/WOD. might return when flying unlocks to see what its like, then stop again and wait for the next exp...
Geforce GTX1070 8GB
Ck21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 18th July 2016, 8:59 PM   #137
BoutS

Yea i played it a little in wod..have my own 705 pally but in reality his gear is shit. Regardless i could see how rng would fuck with you.

It seems the changes appear to be positive for ret.

Mine was a holy alt. The other two is the lock and rogue with the latter getting near no love.

Is AP collection that slow n difficult? Can only max one artifact? ..surely that cant be what they stick to.
Old 20th July 2016, 11:12 AM   #138
Madengineer

So who's been on since the prepatch? Haven't been able to get the time to get on. Had a stack of shit i was supposed to sell prior to launch. But didnt have the time. Now I've got a few hundred follower upgrades that are worthless (sale value)
Old 20th July 2016, 11:17 AM   #139
BoutS

Im on atm, finding my way around the new talents etc.

Apparently Kaz dropping titanforged gear.. and its also dropping heavy kit in HFC.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...w_in_the_game/

I dunno if i can be arsed doing any farming for it, will be washed away with a blue in no time :P
Old 20th July 2016, 11:48 AM   #140
Ck21

Yeah i jumped on soon after servers came up, to see what unlocked on the transmorg from completed quests, some nice surprizes

didnt do kazz or bosses

every one of my characters has empty spell bars + no talents, so spent a while putting them back in. some characters, i have no idea wtf is going on, will need to work out spells and rotations on a target dummy.

had a heart attack when i logged into my warrior, i had 2x ilvl655 axes equipped instead of my epic 705 ilvl swords..... was a tense couple of moments, but found them in my bags.... *thanks blizz*

my hunter had a 655 blue polearm equipped (was survival, now Marks), found my previous 705 gun in bags, oh and get this, if you dont take lone wolf talent as marks, can you still summon and play with a pet!

bug?oversight?intended? when they announced only BM was keeping pet, with survival going melee, and marks solo hunter, i thought they where shooting every hunter main in the foot, and trying to force them to quit the game, just didn't believe the reasoning behind it (going back to the core fantasy for class specs). Honestly havent met a single hunter main who actually likes BM...

I still maintain the dev's are trying to kill off the game, by pissing off the players to the point where they quit and dont come back with class/spec and game changes. when they get to a certain point, the bean counters will give the go ahead to kill it. and they can transition to a fresh project, instead of a 12yo one.
Geforce GTX1070 8GB
Ck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 3:19 PM   #141
Madengineer

So the update is interesting. I'm not too fussed on 'nerfs' etc.

I did see a couple of the legendary weapons linked. 895 ilvl is kinda impressive.

Also noticed, when exiting, it's been crashing...

Last edited by Madengineer; 20th July 2016 at 7:48 PM.
Madengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 11:15 PM   #142
dinkleton

Game feels really weird. I do kind of think the same as above, wondering if Blizzard is intentionally trying to kill off the game.
BNET: Dinkleton#1360 | STEAM: brockp28 | UPLAY: brockletron | ORIGIN: dinklet0n
dinkleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2016, 11:22 AM   #143
BoutS

Liking shadow, going to be a class that rewards focus and button smashing, glad i stuck with it.

Cant wait till i get my hands on that shiny artifact in a few weeks +
Old 21st July 2016, 3:56 PM   #144
Madengineer

Old 21st July 2016, 6:59 PM   #145
Leigh M

Logged in after almost a year not playing, my hunter still cannot wield the warglaives.... come on now bro....
Leigh M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 7:16 AM   #146
MOIRAE

I did not manage to get an alpha or beta invite so it is all new.

Like: Warrior Fury spec, Priest Shadow, Warlock Demo, Gnome Hunter, Shaman..

Dislike: Priest DisciplineI just cant work it out), Pally Prot, Warrior Arms.

Fury Warrior is excellent fun. Quick, somewhat straight forward and strong. Cant wait to get the artifacts. I have scrub Tenaan gear, with an overall ilev of about 685 or so and it is destroying Draenor heroics.... No big deal, but a very nice change.

I quite like the new talent system as a whole.

Roll yourself a female Gnome Hunter and have a look at the facial expressions when they are attacking. Absolutely brilliant detail. Very amusing.
MOIRAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 3:55 PM   #147
callan

Holy butflarks - what have they done to Ele shamans. Totems, the core of the class - can only cast 2, one on a 5 minute cooldown, the other replacing a spell, & needs %50 maelstrom before you can even cast it (and I could only get 2 spells to cast Malestrom - a new mechanic that is a DISENABLE, not ENABLING mechanic.
4 heals and your OOM, fire elemental is bugged and doesn't auto attack.
My main (Mouselet, QuelDorei) turned from a PvE powerhouse into a weak glass cannon. Got so fed up I stripped Mouse, entombed him in the truly secret location on Azuremyst Isle (haven't seen it documented anyware hehe) to wait out legion. I've now goosed up my frost mage to 100 (Schpad÷inkle, QuelDorei) whom I hadn't played since cata and made him my main. That class at least seems relatively unmolested, and even with inferior gear and zero idea what I was doing still easily outclassed Mouselet.

Don't know whether to be angry, or sad.

Callan

Faith-based morality isn't morality at all. It's obedience.
callan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 6:14 PM   #148
Giscinc

Just looking to come back to try a demon hunter, anyone know where would could play in a group and be welcome?

31 yo melb etc. not sure if to roll frostmourne alliance or barthilas horde or whatever
Giscinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2016, 3:29 PM   #149
Madengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giscinc View Post
Just looking to come back to try a demon hunter, anyone know where would could play in a group and be welcome?

31 yo melb etc. not sure if to roll frostmourne alliance or barthilas horde or whatever
I'd go Frostmourne Alliance personally... Otherwise Frostmourne Horde
Old 23rd July 2016, 6:47 PM   #150
Submariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madengineer View Post
I'd go Frostmourne Alliance personally... Otherwise Frostmourne Horde
It will be interesting to see how bad the queues are on the 30th August? Usually Frostmourne gets hammered