OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 7th August 2015, 12:07 PM   #16
iinsom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSanity View Post
How is this different to the PvP bit of the cloak in MoP? Or the rep grinds? not in the slightest.

Just because the shipyard was quite possibly the most hated aspect of the game outside of Ashran, doesn't mean its different. I'm sure some farmville guru still thinks garrisons are cool.
I didnt raid in MoP, so never did the leg cloak questline, so i cant comment. But forcing you to do pvp, in order to get a pve leg is retarded (imo) I think i grew hatred towards the shipyard/garrison because i had 5-6 toons at full level, milking the most out of the gold missions before they were nerfed. It was a good hours worth of logins, just to get everyone maxed with gold output. And it sucks that i had to do it all over again with my other alts, just to get the "leg" ring. (Im upto the BRF part with my other 2 alts, simply cause i didnt want to login/do alt runs with them all the time)

Quote:
If you're a healer. its actually terrible, and merely a stat stick with another cooldown for the raid (the actual bubble on finish is useless).
If you're a tank - with the 100% buff to the Vers on use - its godlike, better than any shield wall in the game. But the hp sharing thing is pretty useless outside of "creative use of game mechanics".
If you're DPS - its mandatory, and just serves to piss off everyone with 3min c/d's vs those with 1 or 2 min c/d's. Also you have to scream at ranged who hit it, then waste the explosion at the end.

It is indeed awful. At least the cloak had itself + a relevant thing for each content patch.
Yeah, i agree with these points 100% The DPS it adds (to the dps rings) is ridiculous. We've lowered our best times by over a minute, simply from adding the rings. Its absurd (although it doesnt fix tard for Ghorefiend)

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 7th August 2015, 12:17 PM   #17
sjaeger172004

Im guessing the Class Order will be simular to Follower missions hopefully they return professions to pre WoD
MainDesktop: Win 10 Pro 64, Intel i7 4770K,GB Z78-D3HP, 16GB RAM (2x8gb) g-skill ripjaw X, 1 x 250gb Samsung EVO 840, 1x 4TB WD Black,600GB Vraptor, antec 1200, corsair tx850, samsung dvd burner, 2x Samsung S24C300L 24in, XFX AMD 290 4GB
sjaeger172004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2015, 12:19 PM   #18
NSanity Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iinsom View Post
I didnt raid in MoP, so never did the leg cloak questline, so i cant comment. But forcing you to do pvp, in order to get a pve leg is retarded (imo) I think i grew hatred towards the shipyard/garrison because i had 5-6 toons at full level, milking the most out of the gold missions before they were nerfed. It was a good hours worth of logins, just to get everyone maxed with gold output. And it sucks that i had to do it all over again with my other alts, just to get the "leg" ring. (Im upto the BRF part with my other 2 alts, simply cause i didnt want to login/do alt runs with them all the time)
The garrison gold nerf was necessary - but it never should have gone live either.

But yeah, you had to win 2 bg's for a cloak stage, as well as take out a PvP world boss.

By the looks of things, they are dumping legendaries entirely for Artifacts. Which sounds cool if it is indeed player selected "perk" power upgrades based on a "doing stuff in game".

Quote:
Yeah, i agree with these points 100% The DPS it adds (to the dps rings) is ridiculous. We've lowered our best times by over a minute, simply from adding the rings. Its absurd (although it doesnt fix tard for Ghorefiend)
I liked the patch notes for Gorefiend that said that they fixed it so people who died in stomach could be ressed. TBH it didn't fix shit. Anyone who dies in the stomach should be kicked from the raid/guild/game.
NSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2015, 12:51 PM   #19
iinsom

Quote:
The garrison gold nerf was necessary - but it never should have gone live either.

But yeah, you had to win 2 bg's for a cloak stage, as well as take out a PvP world boss.

By the looks of things, they are dumping legendaries entirely for Artifacts. Which sounds cool if it is indeed player selected "perk" power upgrades based on a "doing stuff in game".
I think thats exactly how it will be. You do stuff in game (like leveling, raid, pvp whatever) and you unlock certain talents in the tree (or you gain points towards unlocks or something) and the ilvl will scale with level, and maybe content you have completed? Or the ilvl will be tied in with the talent system. Would make it easier for them to balance around as well.

Quote:
I liked the patch notes for Gorefiend that said that they fixed it so people who died in stomach could be ressed. TBH it didn't fix shit. Anyone who dies in the stomach should be kicked from the raid/guild/game.
Agreed. Not sure how anyone can die inside the stomach.. Its like almost impossible (apart from not being broken out)

EDIT: I do like it that theyre trying to do some pvp balancing as well, and i like the fact that there will be pvp only spells + perks, and you can pick and choose, like pve talents.

All in all, the expansion looks decent. I dont know if ill swap over to a DH, i think ill stick with the mage. Only because ive played him since Vanilla (with the exception of Cata+MoP where i took a break from the game)

Last edited by iinsom; 7th August 2015 at 12:54 PM.
iinsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2015, 12:52 PM   #20
NSanity Thread Starter

Quote:
I think thats exactly how it will be. You do stuff in game (like leveling, raid, pvp whatever) and you unlock certain talents in the tree (or you gain points towards unlocks or something) and the ilvl will scale with level, and maybe content you have completed? Or the ilvl will be tied in with the talent system. Would make it easier for them to balance around as well.
In a way i'm sad. Because 1 weapon - regardless of its "customisability" - for the entire expansion is gonna be lame.

Unless we're talking full blown D3 Talent-style/reach customisation.

I wonder if this *locks* you into your Spec for the xpac? Like you have the Arms weapon of Mortal Striking godliness - and as a result you can't get Furious Fuckery Swords of doom as a result?

Last edited by NSanity; 7th August 2015 at 12:55 PM.
Old 7th August 2015, 2:54 PM   #21
iinsom

Quote:
In a way i'm sad. Because 1 weapon - regardless of its "customisability" - for the entire expansion is gonna be lame.

Unless we're talking full blown D3 Talent-style/reach customisation.

I wonder if this *locks* you into your Spec for the xpac? Like you have the Arms weapon of Mortal Striking godliness - and as a result you can't get Furious Fuckery Swords of doom as a result?
I think there will be an item (much like the tomes atm) where you can reroll for a cost.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...t/Panel023.jpg

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...t/Panel024.jpg

These are a few of the talent trees there, it looks like you get talent points, which i assume is the currency that you "unlock" throughout the xpac. There might be a cost involved (like changing talents, maybe done at your class hall) to change over, and not an item cost.
Old 7th August 2015, 7:15 PM   #22
peg

Seems like a fast turn around. Blizzard taking a note out of EA's book.
Old 7th August 2015, 7:18 PM   #23
afcca

I love the idea behind the Demonhunters, wanted to play one for years but... I don't actually like the look of them.. Dunno why, just don't.

I'll definitely roll one but I won't be jumping up and down to create one from launch to make my new main, which I've done both times previously.

Artifacts however do have me excited, particularly finding out which ones they're still to announce. There's a lot of things from Lore they could pick, but not that many when comparing them to things such as Ashrbringer or Doomhammer. Very interested in what they do with this.

Many people on MMOC seem to be thinking they're going to include current in-game legendaries as artifacts but I'm doubting it. At least for everything other than Warglaives.
afcca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2015, 9:01 PM   #24
japes

Probably going to be garbage.

Will probably sub anyway for the fucking companion pets.
japes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2015, 9:54 PM   #25
Radley

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Probably going to be garbage.
Totally agree, it's going to be fucking terrible. And I'll also probably resub...
6800K | ASUS X99 ROG Strix | 32Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz | GTX1080 ROG Strix | Samsung 512Gb M.2 NVMe | Razer Leviathan | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | Seasonic X-750 PSU | Enthoo Primo | Custom water loop | 2 x Dell U2713H
[ Intel Owners Club Member [#93]
$3830 in sales on OCAU.
Radley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2015, 7:50 AM   #26
Shawry

Art department is doing a great job on the expansion by the looks of it
Shawry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2015, 8:20 AM   #27
fnp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawry View Post
Art department is doing a great job on the expansion by the looks of it
Art (and music) department always do a good job. It's whoever does game mechanics and the social side and game immersion that hasn't been as good for a bit IMO.
fnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2015, 11:05 PM   #28
NSanity Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnp View Post
Art (and music) department always do a good job. It's whoever does game mechanics and the social side and game immersion that hasn't been as good for a bit IMO.
Raid Encounter too.
Old 11th August 2015, 1:59 AM   #29
Ck21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnp View Post
+1

personally i believe all the dev's (except art/cinematics) are sick of WoW and want to move onto something new, but corporate wont let them.

They keep doing shit that piss's of a fair proportion of the playerbase as evidenced by sub numbers spiraling down to new lows.

Seriously who do think they are fooling when they say believe their core market are now aged between 28-34 who having less and less time to play games due to life circumstances?

I personally know of over 20 people where i live, who use to play WoW, but now dont cause of this expansion and the last 2 MoP/Cata due to class changes, content segregation (LFR/flex/normal/heroic) and now; flying in WOD.

People i know stopped playing there paladins cause of the change to holy power, stopped playing healing priests due to chakra shit, and shadow due to shadow orbs (essentially reskinned holy power), elemental shamans due to massive dps nerf and spreading out there damage, feral druid (cats) due to moving a good chunk of their dps into DoT's and even the spilt of feral into 2 spec's... the list goes on and on.

And after watching their gamescon revel and talk about how they are going to change survival hunters into melee, BM into weak hunter/strong pet and MM into strong hunter/no pet... well my hunter was my favourite alt to play, and its been survival spec since TBC, i always hated how BM relied heavily on the pet, and MM never felt right with me, if they really turn survival into melee, will never play my hunter alt ever again. just like i stopped playing my ret pally and holy/disc priest.

Change for the sake of change isnt the best thing for the game or players. And there constant lets take the core gameplay of a class and change it this expansion cause "insert excuse here" is whats wrong with WoW today in my opinion.

I quit about 6weeks into the WOD expansion, always been on prepaid cards rather then sub. Also not for the first time, i quit in cata, skipped 90% of it, quit again in Mop (skipped 90% of it) and i came back when they introduced the wow tokens, buying game time with gold, because flying was suppose to be coming soon. Ive currently got 28days left, wont be buying another token with gold if i cant fly.

At the rate its going, flying will come to WOD just before the new expansion comes, and to make it worse, its locked behind a rep grind thats suppose to take 6-8weeks of daily's... and they arnt having flying in legion untill the end, so i proably wont play legion either.
Geforce GTX1070 8GB

Last edited by Ck21; 11th August 2015 at 2:01 AM.
Ck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 11:43 AM   #30
Shawry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ck21 View Post
...people...who use to play WoW, but now dont cause of no flying in WOD.
Best desicion ever. Flying is just immersion breaking. Sure it should have been introduced in 6.2, but if you are leaving because of no flying then good, get the fuck out.
Quote:
if they really turn survival into melee, will never play my hunter alt ever again.
Best change they've announced so far for class changes. Its a tough ask for current Hunter players for them to give it a chance, but class specs NEED variation. Currently Hunter is hunter is hunter. Boring as hell.

Quote:
Flying...locked behind a rep grind thats suppose to take 6-8weeks of daily's.
So much better than locked behind a tiny gold sink. If you cant tell I hate flying. People are just lazy and want everything to be quicker and easier. And honestly, if you didnt already have the required achievements (or be very close to it) by the time it was announced then you werent playing the game.

Personally I think that if WoD had launched with the patch 6.1 changes, it'd have been awesome.
I also think that if I could sit face to face and discuss people's "issues" with the game currently I could easily convince them they are being whinging idiots and they are just being swayed by "popular" opinion and not using their own brains. I can dream....right?

Last edited by Shawry; 11th August 2015 at 11:46 AM.
Shawry is offline   Reply With Quote