Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 11th August 2015, 1:04 PM   #31
sjbudgets

I have already Preordered it at Eb

Last edited by sjbudgets; 11th August 2015 at 1:07 PM.
sjbudgets is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 11th August 2015, 4:19 PM   #32
BoutS

Mixed feelings re the artifact and having it stick around the entire xpac. Sure its customisable but im fairly positive it will have a must have spec to be competitive.

On topic of Leg ring, as an spriest it shits me to flappin tears..aside from the raw stats, i hate it.
Old 11th August 2015, 4:22 PM   #33
NSanity Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ck21 View Post
+1

personally i believe all the dev's (except art/cinematics) are sick of WoW and want to move onto something new, but corporate wont let them.

They keep doing shit that piss's of a fair proportion of the playerbase as evidenced by sub numbers spiraling down to new lows.

Seriously who do think they are fooling when they say believe their core market are now aged between 28-34 who having less and less time to play games due to life circumstances?

I personally know of over 20 people where i live, who use to play WoW, but now dont cause of this expansion and the last 2 MoP/Cata due to class changes, content segregation (LFR/flex/normal/heroic) and now; flying in WOD.

People i know stopped playing there paladins cause of the change to holy power, stopped playing healing priests due to chakra shit, and shadow due to shadow orbs (essentially reskinned holy power), elemental shamans due to massive dps nerf and spreading out there damage, feral druid (cats) due to moving a good chunk of their dps into DoT's and even the spilt of feral into 2 spec's... the list goes on and on.

And after watching their gamescon revel and talk about how they are going to change survival hunters into melee, BM into weak hunter/strong pet and MM into strong hunter/no pet... well my hunter was my favourite alt to play, and its been survival spec since TBC, i always hated how BM relied heavily on the pet, and MM never felt right with me, if they really turn survival into melee, will never play my hunter alt ever again. just like i stopped playing my ret pally and holy/disc priest.

Change for the sake of change isnt the best thing for the game or players. And there constant lets take the core gameplay of a class and change it this expansion cause "insert excuse here" is whats wrong with WoW today in my opinion.

I quit about 6weeks into the WOD expansion, always been on prepaid cards rather then sub. Also not for the first time, i quit in cata, skipped 90% of it, quit again in Mop (skipped 90% of it) and i came back when they introduced the wow tokens, buying game time with gold, because flying was suppose to be coming soon. Ive currently got 28days left, wont be buying another token with gold if i cant fly.

At the rate its going, flying will come to WOD just before the new expansion comes, and to make it worse, its locked behind a rep grind thats suppose to take 6-8weeks of daily's... and they arnt having flying in legion untill the end, so i proably wont play legion either.
You actually have no idea - and given that you're not happy with the state of the game, you're not the market. To me it sounds like you have a short attention span and no desire to do group content - ergo why the hell are you playing an MMO in the first place.

I know people who had flying "ready" on the day of 6.2 launch. Its actually revered with the 3 tanaan reps which can be done in 11 days of 30-40 minute dailies. Treasure and exploration components can be done in an afternoon.

Sure they are dragging their heals with 6.2.1 - but all it is going to do is enable me to do archeology that i'm not going to do anyway.

SV going *back* to melee is a good thing. SV is fucked right now, and has been all xpac - relying on a bug to do any meaningful damage which was fixed in 6.2 (SS ticks on MS/AS cast). It brings identity back to SV - which had none since probably BC at this point.

Spriests issues are purely surrounding no real way to pre-purchase orbs.

Ret is too random, as is Fury. Arms is broken. WW is boring.

Shamans need totems *fixing* - all specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoutS View Post
Mixed feelings re the artifact and having it stick around the entire xpac. Sure its customisable but im fairly positive it will have a must have spec to be competitive.

On topic of Leg ring, as an spriest it shits me to flappin tears..aside from the raw stats, i hate it.
The legendary ring being shared activation is fucking stupid. You either dick over people on 3/5 minute c/d's or people on 2 min c/d's. on top of that Ranged should never ever activate it ever.
NSanity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 4:24 PM   #34
BoutS

Yea besides the treasure stuff, i been flying ready for quite some time.

I have been entering encounters with orbs saved so i can start off the fight on a better level lol, i double sigh when we wipe and i gotta start from nothing.

Oh well, joys of the spriest.

Yep that unified activation is an absolute disgrace of mechanics, i can understand the concept behind it but MEH (caps for emphasis)..Top it off if you going to make it unified, let the tank decide when its needed imo. Although i can see how this causes issues.

SO many weeks without a tier drop for me, some 24k epgp waiting..got a norm piece from #puglife and saved myself for raids with guild and gotten attrocious drops. So i was rocking 685 non wf t17 kit for ages and finally got 2 other bits last week..

Anyway HFC aint bad, not horrible and some of the fights are fun.

Last edited by BoutS; 11th August 2015 at 4:27 PM.
BoutS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 6:57 PM   #35
Grom Hellscream

I'm amassing prof mats for my inc reroll to DH. Ret plays clunky as fuck since Holy Power so I'm not inclined to go back to that, and WW is underpowered and boring as fuck. My 650 DK wrecks mobs out in the world much better than my 695 WW monk. I'm REALLY upset with the way WW ended up, with all its damage locked behind a shit stacking mastery ability (TeB) and gimmicky multitarget (SEF).
Grom Hellscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 11:22 PM   #36
Ck21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSanity View Post
You actually have no idea - and given that you're not happy with the state of the game, you're not the market. To me it sounds like you have a short attention span and no desire to do group content - ergo why the hell are you playing an MMO in the first place.

I know people who had flying "ready" on the day of 6.2 launch. Its actually revered with the 3 tanaan reps which can be done in 11 days of 30-40 minute dailies. Treasure and exploration components can be done in an afternoon.

Sure they are dragging their heals with 6.2.1 - but all it is going to do is enable me to do archeology that i'm not going to do anyway.

SV going *back* to melee is a good thing. SV is fucked right now, and has been all xpac - relying on a bug to do any meaningful damage which was fixed in 6.2 (SS ticks on MS/AS cast). It brings identity back to SV - which had none since probably BC at this point.

Spriests issues are purely surrounding no real way to pre-purchase orbs.

Ret is too random, as is Fury. Arms is broken. WW is boring.

Shamans need totems *fixing* - all specs.
fyi, i dont have a short attention span, and i love group content, its just abit hard to do said group content when no-body wants to play anymore, and people who do play, cbf leaving their garrisons or citys.

During TBC, i was always either raiding (both current content and old classic content), and when i was saved to everything on my main waiting on resets, i jumped onto one of my alts and did the same.

Ive been doing that since TBC, every expansion till cata, during cata i decided to switch from feral druid main to resto/ele shaman, fuk me did that go all wrong, i couldnt heal a normal dungeon or heroic, cause of the clossal difficulty increase, oom'ing on every pull, and it wasnt the case of didnt know my class and spec, i was a pretty decent resto shaman in wrath, same with holy priest, i was reguarly in the top3 heals in raids, cata aboslutely ruined healing for me. So i went back to tank and dps.

But when people stop doing group content, dont have the desire to go back and hit old content for fun, collecting legendarys or transmorg gear, besides raiding and the same old limited pvp, for a dominate PVE player like myself, only thing you can do is stop playing and go play something else.

MoP brought alot of people back into PVE content, esp with ALTs, but it only took about 2months before people stopped wanting to do old content cause they had already collected all the transmorg gear/mounts/achievements they wanted. so yet again, back to the same cycle. In MoP i tried really hard to enjoy PVP, but i just couldnt get into it, didnt matter what class or spec.

I had every class at max level in TBC and Wrath, I maxed out all in cata besides pally/priest and same again in MOP. I bought the lvl90 character upgrades for my pally/priest in WOD, and now how all classes at 100. I have just over 500days played across all my characters, with my highest on a single toon being 199days.

I want to be postive and do dungeons/heroics/raids, but finding others to group with to do the same is nigh-impossible in todays game, and i dont see Legion changing that tbh. And everybody i come across who has quit or quit and come back says the same things, class changes ruin everything for them, cata difficulty even in basic heroics was a slap in the face to everyone but elitists, and those who stuck it out till WoD, flying is just the straw that broke the camels back, and i understand where they're coming from.
Geforce GTX1070 8GB
Ck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 3:42 PM   #37
Radley

No flying is an absolute disgrace and I don't blame them for losing people for it. If you want to walk or use flight paths, go for it. I like to explore from above and collect flying mounts, as to many others. Ground mounts get really fucking boring really fast, especially when you've done the content multiple times.
6800K | ASUS X99 ROG Strix | 32Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz | GTX1080 ROG Strix | Samsung 512Gb M.2 NVMe | Razer Leviathan | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | Seasonic X-750 PSU | Enthoo Primo | Custom water loop | 2 x Dell U2713H
[ Intel Owners Club Member [#93]
$3830 in sales on OCAU.
Radley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 3:44 PM   #38
BoutS

Personally i had no issue with no flying in wod, shit wasnt that hard to get to.. sure the treasures are a punish but meh, thats like what.. 1% of anything.

Im happy the compromised, but all the whines about the no flying was just hogwash imo, justified hogwash as the effect was minimal but flying had been around for quite a while and the turnaround took everyone by surprise.

I like flying mounts just as much as the next person, but it does take away some of ground feel imo.
Old 12th August 2015, 6:01 PM   #39
Sub_Atomic

Re-subbed using gold to check it all out. Ugh... damn you WoW....

do you see bill gates going on a forum going "LOL look at my bank account guyz"
Sub_Atomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 6:03 PM   #40
BoutS

Hey no fucks given approach and fun is easily had.
Old 13th August 2015, 10:23 AM   #41
iinsom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radley View Post
No flying is an absolute disgrace and I don't blame them for losing people for it. If you want to walk or use flight paths, go for it. I like to explore from above and collect flying mounts, as to many others. Ground mounts get really fucking boring really fast, especially when you've done the content multiple times.
Its the same if you had flying as well.. Just you would fly straight to the area instead of running?

Its not that you get different content.. Its just more convenient. No flying is fine, people are just finding problems to whinge about (hint, flying is towards the bottom of whats wrong with the game atm)
Old 14th August 2015, 1:05 PM   #42
NSanity Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radley View Post
Except Flying isn't the reason they are bleeding subs.

Its because there is literally nothing to fucking do. If you don't raid - you burnt through 6.2's content in < 2 weeks. If you didn't raid for 6.0/HM/BRF - you were done in < 5 weeks.

Flying/No flying is completely irrelevant given that for most of this expansion there was ZERO reason to leave your garrison.
NSanity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2015, 1:58 PM   #43
Ricardo

Quote:

Its because there is literally nothing to fucking do. If you don't raid - you burnt through 6.2's content in < 2 weeks. If you didn't raid for 6.0/HM/BRF - you were done in < 5 weeks.

Flying/No flying is completely irrelevant given that for most of this expansion there was ZERO reason to leave your garrison.
Agreed ..... I said early days that garrison have killed WoW. Most ppl poo-pooed that. The social interaction is gone! I'm 50, was until recently in a guild of 20 & 30 something's ........ no guild chat, no dungeon runs ...... just turn up raid night and that's all.

You don't need guildies to cut your gems or to make you an enchant or to help you do content, it's a soulless and solo game now. The daily content got old fast, it's all about raiding and if you don't raid don't waste your time.

The only good thing is that in just over a month I'm subed until past Christmas on WoW tokens without grinding mats ...... just stuff I made in the garrison. So at least I don't pay anymore.
Ricardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2015, 3:46 PM   #44
recoN

Also doing instances meant something. Now it's just churning through them to easily attain your gear. It's all very casual. I played WoD for about 3-4 weeks after which I simply stopped because there's nothing to do and PvP is broken and pointless.
recoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 7:22 PM   #45
Radley

Quote:
Nah there are a lot of things wrong with this xpac. There were also a lot of things right, but even the good changes couldn't keep people engaged. I might resub just to explore for a bit and farm Invincible. I might also try for flying but I'll see how annoying it is to get.

For me flying was one of the cool things about the game. I loved how you could fly around Azeroth in Cataclysm, and Dalaran was awesome with people flying everywhere. Garrisons were a good idea, but they have killed the social aspect. I wonder what the class halls will be like. Could be good if they pull it off.

The thing that really puts me off with things like the infernal invasion is that they always spawn in the same spot and there is always the same number. The mob locations just don't make it believable that there is a legion of demons invading.
6800K | ASUS X99 ROG Strix | 32Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz | GTX1080 ROG Strix | Samsung 512Gb M.2 NVMe | Razer Leviathan | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | Seasonic X-750 PSU | Enthoo Primo | Custom water loop | 2 x Dell U2713H
[ Intel Owners Club Member [#93]
$3830 in sales on OCAU.

Last edited by Radley; 16th August 2015 at 7:25 PM.
Radley is offline   Reply With Quote