Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 31st January 2017, 11:16 PM   #721
UNETran

Hi all, hopefully I'm able to post this here for your interest!

University of New England Study Participation Advertisement

Greetings, this is an invitation to participate in a study exploring players’ motivations for playing World of Warcraft, and how relationships with the game may be affected by social dynamics inherent in the game. In addition, the study explores whether World of Warcraft use may be considered addictive or problematic for players.

My name is Tran Le and I am a Masters of Psychology (Clinical) student at the University of New England and my supervisor is Natasha Loi.

Your participation is completely voluntary and anonymous. Any information collected will be completely confidential. You can withdraw at any time without any consequence and do not need to provide any explanations. Participation should take approximately 45 minutes of your time which requires filling out an online questionnaire.

Participants must be 18 years of age or over, an Australian citizen, and able to read English. Additionally, participants must be current players of World of Warcraft and must have at least one level 100 character that they have personally levelled from the beginning.

Please feel more than welcome to pass on this invitation to other World of Warcraft players as you please. Participation allows you to enter a random draw to win one of two two-month subscription codes for World of Warcraft.

Please click on the link provided to take you to the online questionnaire:

http://uneprofessions.az1.qualtrics....AOhddTbjWwlOCN

This project has been approved by the Human Research Ethics Committee of the University of New England (Approval No HE16-290, Valid to 01/12/2017).

Regards,
Tran Le
UNETran is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 31st January 2017, 11:53 PM   #722
Bold Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNETran View Post
Hi all, hopefully I'm able to post this here for your interest!

University of New England Study Participation Advertisement

Greetings, this is an invitation to participate in a study exploring players’ motivations for playing World of Warcraft, and how relationships with the game may be affected by social dynamics inherent in the game. In addition, the study explores whether World of Warcraft use may be considered addictive or problematic for players.

My name is Tran Le and I am a Masters of Psychology (Clinical) student at the University of New England and my supervisor is Natasha Loi.

Your participation is completely voluntary and anonymous. Any information collected will be completely confidential. You can withdraw at any time without any consequence and do not need to provide any explanations. Participation should take approximately 45 minutes of your time which requires filling out an online questionnaire.

Participants must be 18 years of age or over, an Australian citizen, and able to read English. Additionally, participants must be current players of World of Warcraft and must have at least one level 100 character that they have personally levelled from the beginning.

Please feel more than welcome to pass on this invitation to other World of Warcraft players as you please. Participation allows you to enter a random draw to win one of two two-month subscription codes for World of Warcraft.

Please click on the link provided to take you to the online questionnaire:

http://uneprofessions.az1.qualtrics....AOhddTbjWwlOCN

This project has been approved by the Human Research Ethics Committee of the University of New England (Approval No HE16-290, Valid to 01/12/2017).

Regards,
Tran Le
I'd be making sure it is approved by OCAU site admin before anyone else - possibly ask Agg directly. I doubt there is a problem but just to be sure.
Old 1st February 2017, 11:55 PM   #723
Agg
Lord of the Pings

Sounds fine to me.
Old 2nd February 2017, 9:11 AM   #724
UNETran

Thanks Agg and Bold Eagle!
Old 2nd February 2017, 7:03 PM   #725
Bold Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agg View Post
Sounds fine to me.
Hope I wasn't be overtly pedantic.

With that in mind when I find time I will have a go at it but you should be mindful UNETran that 45mins is a significant time for a survey.
Old 3rd February 2017, 12:29 PM   #726
leroyxx

Didnt seem to take up that long, maybe 20 minutes? It may depend on what else your doing at the same time, though
I run the FOTM Stopped Chimp Challenge Captain 2010/2011/2012 Addicted to Folding Club Member #1458
Folding@Home 80,000,000 Points Milestone Folding@Home Millionaires Club IFOTY 2011/2012
leroyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2017, 10:04 PM   #727
UNETran

@Bold Eagle, yes, 45 minutes is a significant amount of time but participation is voluntary, and the survey can be completed across sessions. I'm extremely grateful to anyone who would assist my study so make sure to join up for the random draw to win one of two two-month codes for further WoW time (if you're willing).

Having said that, responses so far have averaged about 10-20 minutes so far so my 45 minute estimate is wrong. But it's better than response times being double that of the estimate!
Old 7th February 2017, 11:50 AM   #728
soulblade64

Tokens can now be exchanged for battle.net balance or game time. Can anyone confirm if Australian's get $16.50 or if we get screwed and only get the $15 that the Americans get?
OCAU MetaL Club Member #203 xbox live gamertag: soulblade64
Trades- More than I can remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo54 View Post
I would. But I would eat the other people before I ran out of supplies, therefore quadrupling my food supply, and allowing me to live for ever, as cannibal king of mars.
soulblade64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2017, 8:22 PM   #729
Grom Hellscream

Aaaaand wow tokens are up 30k. No more wow for me.
Grom Hellscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2017, 8:34 PM   #730
soulblade64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grom Hellscream View Post
Aaaaand wow tokens are up 30k. No more wow for me.
It should hopefully go back down in the coming weeks, obviously people are just converting all their gold to currency as it's better value.
Quote:
I would. But I would eat the other people before I ran out of supplies, therefore quadrupling my food supply, and allowing me to live for ever, as cannibal king of mars.
Old 7th February 2017, 8:36 PM   #731
Grom Hellscream

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulblade64 View Post
It should hopefully go back down in the coming weeks, obviously people are just converting all their gold to currency as it's better value.
Doubt it. I'd imagine there'll be a shortage for the short to medium term.
Grom Hellscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 1:43 PM   #732
soulblade64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grom Hellscream View Post
Doubt it. I'd imagine there'll be a shortage for the short to medium term.
Prices peaked at 115k and are now already back below 90. Could be a lull in the sales, could be those that want the battle.net currency have converted their gold to cash and the market is balancing out again... Only time will tell.
Quote:
Old 12th February 2017, 6:03 PM   #733
NSanity Thread Starter

fiiiiiiiiiiiiinally did a +15 in time.

With 3 minutes to spare. Bless you CoS, even on Tyrannical.
NSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2017, 11:42 PM   #734
Ck21

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulblade64 View Post
Tokens can now be exchanged for battle.net balance or game time. Can anyone confirm if Australian's get $16.50 or if we get screwed and only get the $15 that the Americans get?
you get $17 AU

and you can then buy 30days from the store for $16.50 allowing you to pocket 50cents for each token you purchase lol.

Geforce GTX1070 8GB
Ck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2017, 9:13 PM   #735
SuperBeast

Hey all, just cross-posting our guild's recruitment thread from the official forums. We're a semi-hardcore heroic only guild with a pretty small, tight-knit group. Most of us have done the hardcore stuff before, but now are just happy to clear heroic content efficiently while still having a pretty chilled out atmosphere.

We're after a couple of good ranged DPS players but will consider anyone who's keen if they've got the right attitude

Feel free to message me here or hit up the officers linked below in game

------------------------------
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752589233

Quote:
[H] INDEF - Heroics Only, 10/10N NH, 6/10H NH, 7/7H EN and 3/3H HOV, Thursday/Sunday 8-11PM AEST (GMT +11) LF Ranged DPS!

[H] INDEF are looking for an awesome ranged DPS who also has a good sense of humour and is just generally a nice human being. It would be nice if you were an Spriest, Boomkin, Mage or Hunter. You would have to have some experience in the current raid tiers, be able to read and review your own logs / do your own theorycrafting and come with a stash of Dad jokes/puns. You’re also going to have to have a working mic/headset which means you’ll have to talk to us on Discord a lot (sorry in advance).

INDEF are basically older than most small pets at this point. Our core group has been raiding together since BC, and have spent most of our WoW time doing Hardmode/Mythic content. We decided to turn a page a couple of years ago and go Heroics-only so we could keep a smaller (re: cult-like) group size and stress a little less as we all move on in life.

We keep things fun, fast and goal-oriented, have an active Mythic+ scene and even have a few achievement / pet hunters if that’s your thing. We pride ourselves on having a stable raiding group every xpac, pushing ourselves to meet performance goals and achieve rankings, being excellent to one another and having a laugh while we do it.

We’re currently 10/10N NH, 6/10H NH, 7/7H EN and 3/3H HOV (pre-nerf), and are about to get stuck into serious heroic progression.

We raid Thursdays and Sundays, 8-11PM AEST (GMT +11).

Feel free to hit me up for a chat at Velly#1791 if you have any questions or an awesome Dad joke I can share next raid.

EDIT: 10/10H now Still looking for good players.
intel 7600k@5200 | MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair H100i v2 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200 | MSI 1080ti Sea Hawk X | 960 Evo 250GB | 850 EVO 1TB | NZXT Manta | EVGA G2 750W | Acer Predator X34
HP ProLiant MicroServer | AMD N36L | 3GB | 16TB

Last edited by SuperBeast; 28th March 2017 at 9:39 AM.
SuperBeast is offline   Reply With Quote