OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 15th November 2015, 9:40 AM   #61
Sub_Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
I don't mind saying I'm nothing but disappointed by wow these days. It seems like blizzard really has stopped trying. New xpac not due out till September 2016? Surely that's a joke?! If legion is anything like wod I'll struggle to stay subbed for more than a month as the game feels like a chore.

Is looking more and more like it's time to retire wow. Blizzard seems to have run out of new ideas and are in no rush to keep current players happy with regular content being added. Sad as I used to love playing WoW
I hear what you're saying. Though, even if their subs drop to 3 million, it's still a shit load of people to cater for so it'll eventually die without dignity. I really want Legion to hook me like Vanilla, BC & WotLK did but sadly I think those times are gone.

do you see bill gates going on a forum going "LOL look at my bank account guyz"
Sub_Atomic is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 15th November 2015, 10:20 AM   #62
Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub_Atomic View Post
I hear what you're saying. Though, even if their subs drop to 3 million, it's still a shit load of people to cater for so it'll eventually die without dignity. I really want Legion to hook me like Vanilla, BC & WotLK did but sadly I think those times are gone.
Many MMOs these days have constant content releases every couple of months with seasonal events spread throughout the year to keep things fresh, WOW seems to want to stick to its 2 yearly expansion releases with gradual releases of raid tiers, but they seem to occur less than half way through the release cycle, so if you are on top of things at all, you're probably going to be left with nothing to do other than level alts and go through the same process again.

I mean, Wow does still have the seasonal events, but they don't seem to have changed a hell of alot, just slowly over the years.
And send you straight to hell.
- Alice
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 6:21 AM   #63
r8response

Only four more months
Old 19th April 2016, 9:22 AM   #64
BoutS

Woohoo Burning Legions of Draenor
Old 20th April 2016, 8:43 AM   #65
Nightwish

Quote:
Originally Posted by r8response View Post

Only four more months
Only

I was looking online yesterday and I think I read HFC was put into the game in June 2015 and there has been no new content except that. Blizz really need to hurry up with this xpac as wod has really been light on new content ever since release. I've barely played but other than a couple of raids did blizz add any new dungeons (other than the ones that launched with the xpac) ?
Nightwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2016, 10:33 AM   #66
r8response

Beyond HFC and Tanaan nothing has been added. I don't consider the Timewalking shit new "content"
Old 20th May 2016, 12:53 PM   #67
soulblade64

Hidden feature in Legion beta. Makes it feel like more of an adventure game than it does an MMO, and really showcases the animations that have probably been in the game this whole time.

I would love if Blizzard increased the free to play features past level 20... Perhaps make the base game free to play but the latest expansion content require a subscription.

I would love to play for a few hours every now and then, just exploring the old world... But I can't justify $15 a month to it (plus when I'm paying for it I play it way too much as I want to get my moneys worth).
OCAU MetaL Club Member #203 xbox live gamertag: soulblade64
Trades- More than I can remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo54 View Post
I would. But I would eat the other people before I ran out of supplies, therefore quadrupling my food supply, and allowing me to live for ever, as cannibal king of mars.
soulblade64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2016, 7:29 AM   #68
Madengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulblade64 View Post
movie

Hidden feature in Legion beta. Makes it feel like more of an adventure game than it does an MMO, and really showcases the animations that have probably been in the game this whole time.

I would love if Blizzard increased the free to play features past level 20... Perhaps make the base game free to play but the latest expansion content require a subscription.

I would love to play for a few hours every now and then, just exploring the old world... But I can't justify $15 a month to it (plus when I'm paying for it I play it way too much as I want to get my moneys worth).
I was like that. But then I stopped playing for a while because I'd played too much.

I've currently got 4 toons on the go, one 82, one 72 one 60 and one 16ish (just felt the need to start a horde toon) hahaha.

The 15 a month isn't too bad. But I think a price decrease would be fab. haha
Old 24th May 2016, 4:32 PM   #69
Madengineer

Had my first crack at a true healing role (Resto Druid) and fuck me it's hard!

I'm sure making some macros would make it easier... lol

But the problem I found was that the DPS would get caught in a situation where they would get fucked. Then they expected me to fix it (when they were no where near the tank). in the times I did, the tank suffered.

The resto Druid has a lot of good spells, unfortunately most of them are bulk spells. I typically focus my healing on the tank, with the DPS around him also getting the benefit.

I told the DPS in one dungeon that if they pulled (even on accident) I wouldn't heal them. The tank agreed. Resulted in 2 deaths (same player both times) because he tried to rush things).

The tank told me he would go at a pace I was good with. So that was great.
Old 24th May 2016, 5:20 PM   #70
Submariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madengineer View Post

I'm sure making some macros would make it easier... lol

But the problem I found was that the DPS would get caught in a situation where they would get fucked. Then they expected me to fix it (when they were no where near the tank). in the times I did, the tank suffered.

The resto Druid has a lot of good spells, unfortunately most of them are bulk spells. I typically focus my healing on the tank, with the DPS around him also getting the benefit.

I told the DPS in one dungeon that if they pulled (even on accident) I wouldn't heal them. The tank agreed. Resulted in 2 deaths (same player both times) because he tried to rush things).

The tank told me he would go at a pace I was good with. So that was great.
If dps want to tank/pull mobs that is up to them, they must be able to heal themselves as well One dps killing themselves and not learning they will die, if they do the same thing again is the one with the problem. If dps are pulling they should be able to at least redirect agro or try to get mobs to tank so he can get agro off them.
Old 25th May 2016, 1:10 PM   #71
NSanity Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madengineer View Post
Resto is easy.

Lifebloom the tank, generally keep a rejuv on him. pre-rejuv morons who are busy standing in derp or generally being poor with regards to self-hp management.

Clutch heals are made with swiftmending your target (remember, because they are a derpy idiot or because they are a tank, they should have at least rejuv on them - if not rejuv and lifebloom), then if you need more Nature's Swiftness -> Healing Touch / Regrowth (if you have Glyph of Regrowth).

I'd probably recommend running Glyph of Regrowth whilst you're learning, to reduce your major single target heals from 2 to 1.

Talent wise you want Incarnation Tree of Life, Dream of Cenarius and Germination

Fill your many many empty GCD's with Wrath spam.
If shit hits the fan, pop Incarn -> Rejuv bitches for days (Rejuv ticks *hard*). Incarn -> Tranq is also a reasonable Mana gain (because Tranq will keep everyone up, you're not casting so you can regen mana).
Burn Omen of Clarity procs on Regrowth.

For planned incoming damage, Genesis can be used, but there is considerable setup time - basically its not an "oh fuck" button, but a "i know a shitton of damage to everyone/a decent group of people is coming, so i'll mitigate it with this" process.

Once you're absolutely bored doing instances because you understand incoming damage, manage mana correctly and no-one is dying - you can outdps scrubs on bosses (and still heal everyone) by dropping Dream and going to Heart of the Wild and wrecking face with Moonfire -> Wrath spam.

Resto's *biggest* problem in Warlords is that its the *easiest* class to oom on. The trick is watching for Omen of Clarity procs, predicting incoming damage and pre-rejuving people, not burning Regrowth for dayz when you pop incarn (trust me, rejuv is enough until hc raiding - incarn+regrowth will oom you inside of incarn) and letting combat regen actually occur.

Remember as healer your job is not to keep people at full health, its to stop them from dying. And when you get to the point where someone is going to die - its letting the *right* person die.

Resto druids are one of the most mobile healers in the game. Very little hard casting - abuse the shit out of this. Get used to healing/cleansing and the like whilst being aware of your surroundings - and your party's (so you can make intelligent decisions about pre-casting heals on people).
NSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 3:12 PM   #72
Madengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSanity View Post
Resto is easy.

Lifebloom the tank, generally keep a rejuv on him. pre-rejuv morons who are busy standing in derp or generally being poor with regards to self-hp management.

Clutch heals are made with swiftmending your target (remember, because they are a derpy idiot or because they are a tank, they should have at least rejuv on them - if not rejuv and lifebloom), then if you need more Nature's Swiftness -> Healing Touch / Regrowth (if you have Glyph of Regrowth).

I'd probably recommend running Glyph of Regrowth whilst you're learning, to reduce your major single target heals from 2 to 1.

Talent wise you want Incarnation Tree of Life, Dream of Cenarius and Germination

Fill your many many empty GCD's with Wrath spam.
If shit hits the fan, pop Incarn -> Rejuv bitches for days (Rejuv ticks *hard*). Incarn -> Tranq is also a reasonable Mana gain (because Tranq will keep everyone up, you're not casting so you can regen mana).
Burn Omen of Clarity procs on Regrowth.

For planned incoming damage, Genesis can be used, but there is considerable setup time - basically its not an "oh fuck" button, but a "i know a shitton of damage to everyone/a decent group of people is coming, so i'll mitigate it with this" process.

Once you're absolutely bored doing instances because you understand incoming damage, manage mana correctly and no-one is dying - you can outdps scrubs on bosses (and still heal everyone) by dropping Dream and going to Heart of the Wild and wrecking face with Moonfire -> Wrath spam.

Resto's *biggest* problem in Warlords is that its the *easiest* class to oom on. The trick is watching for Omen of Clarity procs, predicting incoming damage and pre-rejuving people, not burning Regrowth for dayz when you pop incarn (trust me, rejuv is enough until hc raiding - incarn+regrowth will oom you inside of incarn) and letting combat regen actually occur.

Remember as healer your job is not to keep people at full health, its to stop them from dying. And when you get to the point where someone is going to die - its letting the *right* person die.

Resto druids are one of the most mobile healers in the game. Very little hard casting - abuse the shit out of this. Get used to healing/cleansing and the like whilst being aware of your surroundings - and your party's (so you can make intelligent decisions about pre-casting heals on people).

Yeah, it's such a different role. Getting used to it is weird.

I just tried my first raid heal, and I don't think I was 'awful' but I wasn't the best.

Basically, I focused on a tank, and just kept dropping AoE heals on him (Which landed on everybody around him as well. A lot of Wild Growth and Regrowth. I cycled through Rejuv and maintained that on each raid member in my 'group' (8 including a tank). Wild Mushroom was the best.

I coupled Natures Swiftness with Wild Growth for emergency tank heals. Never used it on DPS. I thought it was fun. But I need a better interface. For some reason, half way through the raid, my Healaid stopped letting me click on specific players. When I'd click on a player, it'd select another). It's also infuriating that you can't set focus for multiple targets as well. That'd be fantastic.
Old 25th May 2016, 4:31 PM   #73
NSanity Thread Starter

raid healing is different.

As a druid you will *never* keep up with other classes - they evolve into unlimited mana machines - not the case for druids.

Druids are about mass throughput as required (similar to shaman's).

Raid healing as a druid is pretty much rejuv 5-10 people, lifebloom the tank, pop a c/d when its your turn, and continue to watch tv on the other screen whilst you wrath spam.
NSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 6:41 PM   #74
Madengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSanity View Post
raid healing is different.

As a druid you will *never* keep up with other classes - they evolve into unlimited mana machines - not the case for druids.

Druids are about mass throughput as required (similar to shaman's).

Raid healing as a druid is pretty much rejuv 5-10 people, lifebloom the tank, pop a c/d when its your turn, and continue to watch tv on the other screen whilst you wrath spam.
hahaha. I'm finding that.

Wrath spam? Just did my hardest heroic dungeon (realising how much I suck at this right now) when the tank couldn't/didn't self heal

Holy shit that was intense! And so much fire! Which meant even more people to heal as well!

Didn't help that I'd just set up a new UI (where all my shit was moved) and didn't realise it until I needed them
Old 28th May 2016, 9:13 AM   #75
Ding.Chavez

Does anyone know if I pre-order legion now I can play normal (whatever release we are upto) now?

I am thinking not, but thought I would start playing again before Legion to get ready, farm etc.... dont want to buy wow and legion again if I don't have to.