OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 28th May 2016, 1:22 PM   #76
Madengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding.Chavez View Post
Does anyone know if I pre-order legion now I can play normal (whatever release we are upto) now?

I am thinking not, but thought I would start playing again before Legion to get ready, farm etc.... dont want to buy wow and legion again if I don't have to.
If you've got WoW already, you just buy the legion pre-order on top... If you don't have WoW, pre-ordering Legion will get you nothing

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 29th May 2016, 5:03 AM   #77
Ding.Chavez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madengineer View Post
If you've got WoW already, you just buy the legion pre-order on top... If you don't have WoW, pre-ordering Legion will get you nothing
I heard, interwebs rumors, that if you buy Legion when it is released you don't need to buy all the pre-wow expansions etc... any truth in that?
Old 29th May 2016, 8:39 AM   #78
Madengineer

Quote:
I heard, interwebs rumors, that if you buy Legion when it is released you don't need to buy all the pre-wow expansions etc... any truth in that?
Nope. You still need previous content.
Old 29th May 2016, 9:24 AM   #79
r8response

Quote:
The easiest way to be sure, is to login to your Battle.Net account and see what it says.

All accounts, whether they were active or inactive were recently upgraded to Warlords of Draenor... Even an account of mine that was banned around the time of The Burning Crusade is upgraded to WoD.

This happened sometime late April. But it wasn't for everyone though. You just have to check.

Last edited by r8response; 29th May 2016 at 9:28 AM.
r8response is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 9:33 AM   #80
soulblade64

Quote:
All the WoW expansions including Warlord are now rolled into the base game. So when Legion drops you only need the base game and Legion.

If you're planning on seeing the movie, Hoyts are giving away free copies of the base game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r8response View Post
This happened sometime late April. But it wasn't for everyone though. You just have to check.
No it is everyone now. WOD is no longer available for individual purchase.
OCAU MetaL Club Member #203 xbox live gamertag: soulblade64
Trades- More than I can remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo54 View Post
I would. But I would eat the other people before I ran out of supplies, therefore quadrupling my food supply, and allowing me to live for ever, as cannibal king of mars.
soulblade64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 11:33 PM   #81
Nightwish

So I got the beta, I don't actually want to play I just wanted to see character creation in advance is there any way of getting back to Stormwind or Orgrimmar when you first login without having to quest? I wanna see what my DH will look like with a certain hairdo but it's not avaliable on the menu and I can only assume it's on barber but I dunno if it's even possible to get out of legion zones
Nightwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 12:16 AM   #82
BoutS

Im not going to use a beta key if i get one, as i want it all to be fresh when i log at the beginning week or so.

The raid bosses i can watch yt.

Shadow looks really interesting in its new approach. So ive jumped back on to take the priest for a spin.

Looking forward to the expac. I hope its a good one with plenty of rewarding content lol.
Old 30th June 2016, 7:50 AM   #83
iinsom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
So I got the beta, I don't actually want to play I just wanted to see character creation in advance is there any way of getting back to Stormwind or Orgrimmar when you first login without having to quest? I wanna see what my DH will look like with a certain hairdo but it's not avaliable on the menu and I can only assume it's on barber but I dunno if it's even possible to get out of legion zones
Not for DH. You start in the DH zone and you need to finish the quest/story line to advance.
Old 30th June 2016, 8:18 AM   #84
Madengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
I really hate people like you. do you know how many people wanted a neta key so they could actually play? And ya know, participate in the beta like you're meant to???

Jesus Christ.
Old 30th June 2016, 8:27 AM   #85
Nightwish

Quote:
I really hate people like you. do you know how many people wanted a neta key so they could actually play? And ya know, participate in the beta like you're meant to???

Jesus Christ.
Meh, you can use beta how you want. In my case I don't want to do new quests and that's my choice. I personally "hate" people who played the beta, got to max level, did the Dungeons and raids etc then go to the live game and rush to max level then whinge how boring the new content is as there is "nothing to do"
Nightwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 9:56 AM   #86
japes

Quote:

Jesus Christ.
Don't get upset over something you don't understand.

I've got/had Legion Alpha/Closed Beta; the vast majority of invites sent out aren't keys, they're account linked, and most alpha keys at least went out to players in top guilds that can properly and thoroughly test the game, such as raid encounter balance and mechanic testing.

What makes you think you'd be a valuable tester to Blizzard? I've seen your feedback in other game threads.
japes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 11:10 AM   #87
r8response

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
What makes you think you'd be a valuable tester to Blizzard? I've seen your feedback in other game threads.
Because he's been playing for all of 3 or so months... Clearly the best already.
Old 30th June 2016, 11:12 AM   #88
Madengineer

Quote:
Because he's been playing for all of 3 or so months... Clearly the best already.
Way to douche it up. I know how fucking betas work. Play time means shit.

Plus its been more like 6 months
Old 30th June 2016, 11:13 AM   #89
r8response

I've had an active sub since Vanilla, clearly I deserve it more than you.
Old 30th June 2016, 12:27 PM   #90
Madengineer

Quote:
I've had an active sub since Vanilla, clearly I deserve it more than you.
Bullshit. Elitist bull shit.