Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Game Consoles > Sony Consoles

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 31st May 2016, 12:06 AM   #31
The Beast

Bad news...

GT Sport Will Not Feature Dynamic Time or Weather

I am disappoint.

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 31st May 2016, 11:06 AM   #32
stitch512

Very little offline content as well. Looks to be the Street Fighter V of GT. With no clue as to whether Sony will allow Fanatec gear to work on it (looking unlikely at this point) I see no reason to waste my time with this game.

PC:Asus Sabertooth , AMD FX 8350 @ 4.33Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte R9 290x OC
stitch512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 5:57 AM   #33
stitch512

Delayed until 2017. Anybody surprised at this point?

Old 31st August 2016, 6:18 AM   #34
MoNk{LAH}

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch512 View Post
Delayed until 2017. Anybody surprised at this point?
Nope. GT is always delayed, i guess they want it right.

what i dont understand is why they keep delaying it, and then there's a Day 1 3 gb update
Old 31st August 2016, 9:14 AM   #35
SuiCid3

Definitely not surprised.
However, there was also news that GTS will support PS3 wheels.
Not sure how much truth there is to that...
Old 31st August 2016, 11:17 AM   #36
stitch512

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiCid3 View Post
Definitely not surprised.
However, there was also news that GTS will support PS3 wheels.
Not sure how much truth there is to that...
Thats interesting considering Sony have done a backflip and removed any support for fanatec wheels.

Old 31st August 2016, 2:07 PM   #37
SuiCid3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch512 View Post
Thats interesting considering Sony have done a backflip and removed any support for fanatec wheels.
Not having Sony's support doesn't mean a developer cannot support a wheel.
I *think* they just can't use Sony's logos on their products.

Anyways... heres the link from GTPlanet:
https://www.gtplanet.net/ps3-wheel-s...turismo-sport/
Old 31st August 2016, 2:10 PM   #38
Sipheren

Quote:

Anyways... heres the link from GTPlanet:
https://www.gtplanet.net/ps3-wheel-s...turismo-sport/
It's an interesting situation, not sure why Sony wouldn't want to work with them, they make some really good stuff. Here is the Fanatec post from a while back:

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/index....mpatibility/p1

Quote:
You might have already noticed that we have removed the icons to show the PlayStation compatibility on our website. So what does that mean?

As part of the licensing process for a new, officially licensed racing wheel, Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) has asked us to stop promoting our unlicensed wheels as beeing PlayStation compatible and we are happy to comply with that. As soon as we have a fully licensed PlayStation wheel on the market, we will officially announce the compatibility again.

If you already purchased a Fanatec product with previously promoted PS3 or PS4 compatibility, basically nothing will change for you. The compatibility for those wheels still depends solely on the game developers and if they decide to add/keep support for their wheels in their games or not.
If you purchase a new wheel from us from now on we will only guarantee the PC or Xbox One compatibility as advertised.

I hope you understand our position and rest assured that we do everything to make our products as compatible as possible.

UPDATE
The situation has still not changed much as we are still wating for a contract but it seems that a lot of our customers are very angry based on wrong assumptions.
Therefore I would like to make some statements:

1. Sony clearly said that PS3 steering wheels will only have limited Support on the PS4. This was posted on their Website and accessible to every PS4 owner.

2. We never made any promises that your wheels will be future proof and 100% compatible with any upcoming PS4 game. In fact DriveClub was the first racing game on PS4 and it was never compatible. All owners of a CSW V2 could have known that and we clearly made big warnings on our product page that compatibility depends on the support of the game developer. We were never hiding anything and we did not try to mislead anybody. Please do not blame us if you did not read or believe in the big warnings in the the product description.

3. No other manufactuerer even bothered to make unlicensed PS3 wheels compatible to PS4. Fanatec at least made several games compatible to several of our wheels. Wheels which we are not even selling anymore so there was no commercial sense for us. We even made old Xbox 360 wheels compatible to PS3 and PS4. We did it for YOU.

4. Official PS4 wheels require a security chip. The only way to get such a chip is to make an agreement with Sony.

5. Making an agreement with Sony is not a matter of money or effort or is anything we can influence. We can make proposals and they can accept it or not. They are not obliged to give us a license and there is no right for us to get one. If you think that it is simply a matter of money then ask yourself why we have no problem to pay royalties to Porsche, BMW or Microsoft but would not do so to the platform holder which gives us access to 65% of the wheel market. We are not stupid . And by the way, Sony is not asking for crazy royalties. It is the normal rate that anybody has to pay if he gets selected.

6. We only get such an agreement if we strictly and 100% follow their rules. If they want us to stop sending dev kits to the game developers then we do so. If we have to make our unlicensed wheels not compatible anymore then we do so. The only alternative we have is to have no licensed wheels at all.
And that means you not only have to buy a new base but you also need new steering wheels, shifters, handbrakes, static shifter paddles etc.

5. Emulating the security chip or other hacks might be possible but I hope you understand now that we are not even thinking about such an option.

6. Making a Universal hub for PS4 would be our preferred choice and we suggested that idea to Sony. Unfortunately it was rejected with no reason given. Again, we cannot force them to accept something.
But there is a very positive aspect of that. On the Xbox it is impossible to use the popular Formula, BMW or Porsche steering wheels. It is likely that those steering wheels could be used on a potential PS4 base. Most of our customers have 2 or more steering wheels. It might be cheaper to replace the base than to replace all steering wheels.

7. If we can get a license then it will be for something based on the CSL Elite base. This is certainly a step down from a CSW BV2 but probably still a lot better than any other alternative for PS4. And if this PS4 Wheel is selling well then there is no reason that we cannot get another license for another wheel.

So what are my recommendations for you?

Stay calm. We are working hard on a solution which is best for you and there is a high chance that we can achieve it.

If we can make a PS4 Version of the CSL Elite Wheel base then it is very likely that you can keep your pedals, steering wheels, shifters, table clamps, handbrakes etc.. And there is great new stuff coming up as well.
You can sell your CSWB V2 for good money to a PC or XOne user. Used bases sometimes sell on eBay with almost the same price as new. Perhaps you lose only 10% to 25% but you used it for several months.

Of Course you could also sell your PS4 and switch to PC or XOne. Or you buy a product of the competition and support this license business which made you so upset.

Let us get this contract done and then we hurry up to catch the Launch of GT Sport. We make sure that you have a decent setup for it.
Sipheren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 4:04 PM   #39
stitch512

Quote:
That was the case, thats why games like Dirt Rally and Project cars support Fanatec wheels on PS4. However, recent games like F1 2016 and Assetto Corsa also supported the fanatec wheels until you install the day 1 patch and removes all support.

Fanatec have just released this week a new line of wheel bases and pedals and do not support the PS4 at all. They made a mention of it in their latest blog post.

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discus...el-base-pedals

Quote:
And finally a word to the PlayStation situation. We know that a lot of people want to know what the status is but we cannot announce anything before the contract is signed. We have a good relationship with Sony but we need to follow the rules and although there are absolutely no points of disagreement, sometimes things takes a while because of procedures and work flows. I am confident that we can announce a PS4 Version of this Wheel base soon.
That to me sounds like Sony want a version that only supports PS4 (and I assume PC).

UPDATE: Reading through the comments of that blog Fanatec posted this

Quote:
I can already confirm that the CSW will not be compatible with PS4 on any new games. This is part of the Agreement with Sony and enables us to get a license for PS4. There will probably be a dedicated CSL Elite base for PS4 but I cannot confirm anything until the contracts are signed.

We are not making those rules
#4theplayers

Last edited by stitch512; 31st August 2016 at 4:16 PM.
Old 31st August 2016, 4:21 PM   #40
TomJ

Not suprised. Kazunori likes to get it right (even though GT5 used many GT4-quality cars)

I thought GT Sport was going to be like GT Prologue? A tide-me-over until GT7!
I spose they didn't have an engine to work with for PS4 like GT5 to GT6.
'13 TRIUMPH DAYTONA 675R
TomJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 5:33 PM   #41
SuiCid3

From current experiences from the people who've played it recently (the E3 demo version I believe) it sounds like it's just a rehashed version of GT6... Same physics just updated graphics...
Sounds disappointing really...
Old 4th October 2016, 9:46 PM   #42
poleposition

Quote:
From current experiences from the people who've played it recently (the E3 demo version I believe) it sounds like it's just a rehashed version of GT6... Same physics just updated graphics...
Sounds disappointing really...
Ur right it does sound disappointing. Considering when gran turismo first came out it was very fresh and very much revolutionary when it came to car selection and tracks etc.

What got me is that gt6 still felt uncomfortably arcadish.

When you look at what assetto corsa and project cars have achieved (even if a few years old on pc), its definitely a hard benchmark to meet and hoprfully succeed.
poleposition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2016, 12:23 AM   #43
cbb1935

Given how Forza 3 Horizon has upped the ante, and given us PC playability (subject to hardware), the pressure will be on even more now to create something that blows everyones socks off.

Just not sure how they can make things THAT much better than FH3 though.
Old 24th October 2016, 8:57 PM   #44
MoNk{LAH}

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbb1935 View Post

Just not sure how they can make things THAT much better than FH3 though.
honestly i dont know how sony/MS are going to make driving simulators much better anymore. this genre has been maxed out now.
Old 10th November 2016, 3:21 PM   #45
poleposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNk{LAH} View Post
honestly i dont know how sony/MS are going to make driving simulators much better anymore. this genre has been maxed out now.
Seems like they could get so many more people playing these driving games if they just supported more wheels (at least PS3 ones at the minimum).

I used to be huge into sim racing (hence the poleposition username, always came last though lol) and since I don't do much PC gaming I would have been all the more encouraged if I could have used a G25 or G27 logitech steering wheel instead of the console specific new one.

I mean we have already bought their console, the least we can do is use our existing wheel.

Think about how immersive project cars and assetto corsa have become, I can't imagine Gran Turismo 5 blowing it out of the water. As you say its all been done pretty much before. Maxed out.
poleposition is offline   Reply With Quote