Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Modding

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 13th April 2016, 10:24 PM   #1
d33g33 Thread Starter

Default Project 1NDU5TRY

Hi everyone,

It's time for a new project!

I am quite relieved to announce it will be ATX, so I have some wiggle room to work again!

First components should start rolling in by the bunch but the very first part that kicked this off and I am very proudly supported by MSI is the MSI Z170A XPOWER "Titanium Edition".

I looked at a lot of pictures of this and photos just do no translate how amazing the finish is on the board. The whole thing is a metallic silver and looks outstanding. I'm really hoping a play with light and some video footage can share how great this looks.

Doing my best to capture the 'metallic-ness'

Heatsinks on this board make the board surprisingly heavy!

Not just for look, power delivery and components on this board are top notch. Hopefully the CPU holds up its end of the bargain come OCing time.

Loving all the metal and metallic finishes, going to make for a great themed build.

8+4pin CPU power just some more hints that its intended take as much juice as you can throw at it.

Not sure about the OC dashboard, but im interested to play with it!

Really looking forward to working with this board!

Thats it for right now but a friend just arrived for this motherboard so more pictures are not too far away!

I hope you enjoy.
d33g33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 13th April 2016, 11:55 PM   #2
d33g33 Thread Starter

What did the Bitspower block say to the MSI X-POWER?

"Oh HAI FRIEND!"

Coming from a jewelry making background I really appreciate Bitspowers quality plating.

Mocking up

Now the interesting part. I'm curious to see what the consensus is around the FCB for this board. I have a feeling it will be...

But...

I have my own opinion, i'm not overly fond of it, I appreciate that they are trying to replicate the metallic silver of the board. Perhaps some artistic flare can make it seem more at home. I'm sure you'll see...
Old 14th April 2016, 6:16 AM   #3
havabeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by d33g33 View Post
that looks horrible...

it would be great to use the bits power but maybe try and find (or create) a metallic looking silver coolant. so clear tubing and silver coolant, don't suppose you have access to a heap of liquid murcury
Old 14th April 2016, 6:59 AM   #4
Kommandant33

I agree...

I really don't get the appeal of the monoblocks - I haven't seen one in action that looks good...

... in saying that - I don't watercool for looks, it's all about performance/silence.
Kommandant33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2016, 3:05 PM   #5
d33g33 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by havabeer View Post
that looks horrible...

it would be great to use the bits power but maybe try and find (or create) a metallic looking silver coolant. so clear tubing and silver coolant, don't suppose you have access to a heap of liquid murcury
I can use the mosfet and CPU block without the FCB, which is a real option here. There's Mayhems Aurora for a metallic silver option. Im going to see what I can do here and see what peoples opinions are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommandant33 View Post
I agree...

I really don't get the appeal of the monoblocks - I haven't seen one in action that looks good...

... in saying that - I don't watercool for looks, it's all about performance/silence.
I like the monoblocks that we first saw on the Impacts not so long ago, but these multi-piece FCBs im not sure of myself... I wasn't overly fond of the one on my ITX board either.

I watercool almost 50% for looks 50% performance...
Old 6th January 2017, 7:22 AM   #6
mad_mic3

any progress with this
mad_mic3 is online now   Reply With Quote