Kommandant33

could you donate him to a vet school?
Kommandant33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 29th November 2016, 5:09 PM   #17
andurils_sheath

Knackery?

Might be one nearby.
Trades ~ imf ~ Dufflover ~ chunksoul ~ grahamrb ~ SickZ ~ BAC :S ~ K-ONE ~ passivekid ~ slyls1 ~ rimma ~ holdenfanatic ~ blk25t ~ Irriven ~ Segression ~ sonicthemouse ~ Redferatu ~ ForneverAlone ~ WarezNimph
andurils_sheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 7:25 PM   #18
millhouse
Chief Tiger Dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by noober69 View Post
Oh and you can't eat most horses a they have been pumped full of drugs over their life. Especially race horses.
This is not true. There are specific withholding periods to be observed for all drugs, and their use at some point in the animal's lifetime does not preclude the consumption of their meat. A lot of our "knackered" horses are destined for the pet food industry and also for human consumption in Europe.

A horse that is suffering the after effects of laminitis is a horse that as you said needs great care. I would strongly consider having it euthanased. Begrudgingly keeping the horse just so it is alive does no one any favours, nor does foisting a problem onto someone else.
Old 30th November 2016, 10:44 AM   #19
Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by noober69 View Post
Clearly you have never been divorced. She has disavowed any responsibility to pretty much everything.
except bank accounts... they are happy to claim those fucking things.
Old 1st December 2016, 8:27 PM   #20
sanousie

Quote:
Originally Posted by miicah View Post
How did you forget about a horse during the divorce proceedings?
dude, seriously, how old are you? are we here about the divorce or trying to help this fellow find a good home for this horse? Jeez some people!
Im a child of divorce and i hope you understand why he has ignored your comment, If you were a child of divorce you would not ask the above question.

best of luck with finding it a new home, would be a shame to put down such a nice mannered horse, im sure many horse lovers would love to take in such a horse (i'd take him in if i lived near by and lived on a acreage)
Successful trades: VinnY (x 3), Fatmantan, finnigan (x 2), Bravo (x 2), BananaMan, willz, skinz (x 2), mavric41, AnthonyL, bimmer, PLUSCORP, OzTeXs, maxsaw, Anthony256, Mattch3w, Kosti, Branko, pat123, Duckpowder, Cldthorn, magic, AngryAnt, Shaddo, troll, millsy_c, Pepsimax, room4more, vanlan2010
sanousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 8:53 AM   #21
Soc

Call the zoo.
Explain the situation and they may be able to give him a home for a while before he's... Ummm... Put to good use. (Humanely)

It sounds horrible, but I know Mogo zoo have a happy little horse paddock for horses just to roam around in until one day they go for a walk...

Edit: id much prefer to see him live out his days happy in a paddock somewhere Til he died naturally or humanely if there is injuries etc... That being said, I'd also prefer to see an animal carcass get used rather that buried.
Soc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 11:43 AM   #22
noober69 Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice, I had the farrier out to trim his feet last week, and he really has trouble walking now. That is usual for a day or so after a trim with many horses, but if he doesn't walk better soon the issue will how to put him out of his misery.
He was very good when being trimmed, easy to catch and just stood there without complaint, which just makes it harder as apart from his feet he is pretty much faultless.
noober69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2017, 11:07 AM   #23
Devils
(Taking a Break)

When I read the title "get rid of a horse" it is really concerning.

The horse abattoirs buy at horse sales and from anybody who is naive enough to give away horses for free. Professionals in the horse industry know this and make sure their unwanted horses are not killed.

Horse meat is approved for human consumption in some states.

http://www.australianhorserescue.com...elated-issues/
Devils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2017, 11:12 PM   #24
Matthew kane

So what happened to the horse? New home, dead or eaten?
Intel i7 3960X @ 4.7GHZ - Noctua NH-D14 | 16GB OCZ Platinum Series DDR3 1600MHZ | Asus Rampage IV Extreme (4901 bios) | Zotac AMP! Edition GTX 980 Ti | PNY GTX 465 unlocked to 470 | Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro with LME47920's opamps | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB | OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB| 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green, 4 x 2TB Seagate LP | Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250watt | Antec P280 + Veris Elite | LG BD Rewriter
Matthew kane is offline   Reply With Quote