Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Hobby Engineering

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 22nd February 2017, 8:27 PM   #1
oRiCLe Thread Starter

Default [Build] HyperCube 3D Printer

Thought I would start a build log as printing of the parts has just begun if anyone is interested...

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1752766

currently running a 10mm VORON, interested to compare it to a HyperCube, some things I am leaning towards liking more, some parts may become hybrid between the two...mainly interested as the guy is in Australia that designed it and it makes the parts easier to access from local suppliers

Just started printing the parts off tonight...

First Batch...

Second Batch...

currently printing..

Last edited by oRiCLe; 23rd February 2017 at 5:36 PM.
oRiCLe is online now   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 23rd February 2017, 5:30 PM   #2
thedealer

I was looking to build the voron but after seeing this I might be inclined to build this instead. I would be cannibalising my i3 as well.
Successful Sales G.Skill 16GB Trident X 2400MHz (zukovsky) | Thermaltake Tough Power 1475W 80+ Gold PSU (issh) | Gigabyte R9 290 (doodlala) | Intel Raystorm CPU block (Ratzz) | ASUS 276Q (c.f4) | Green = Buy Blue = Sold
thedealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 11:02 PM   #3
oRiCLe Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedealer View Post
I was looking to build the voron but after seeing this I might be inclined to build this instead. I would be cannibalising my i3 as well.
yeah the VORON is a great machine and well worth the build.

I do like to CAD up customisations to my printers and while the components of the VORON are very efficiently designed, as weird as it sounds its actually a bit of a flaw for me as it makes it difficult to modify and customise...
Old 23rd February 2017, 11:07 PM   #4
oRiCLe Thread Starter

UPDATE: That's all the X & Y parts printed

- E3D mount and holder clip
- spool holder and mount
- also printed the custom BLTouch sensor mount

...all thats left is the fan duct and Z-Axis

I am modifying slightly to use 10mm Rods for the Z-Axis instead of the 8mm as I will be using a 6mm alloy bed that is 230mmX230mm, so printing off a version of the bearing holders that supports my LM10LUU bearings and don't need rod mounts as have some alloy leg or flush mounts that I will use for additional rigidity from an old build.

Old 24th February 2017, 4:13 PM   #5
thedealer

Looking good. How long did it take to print all that with the (assuming) voron?
Successful Sales G.Skill 16GB Trident X 2400MHz (zukovsky) | Thermaltake Tough Power 1475W 80+ Gold PSU (issh) | Gigabyte R9 290 (doodlala) | Intel Raystorm CPU block (Ratzz) | ASUS 276Q (c.f4) | Green = Buy Blue = Sold
Old 24th February 2017, 4:32 PM   #6
oRiCLe Thread Starter

Quote:
Looking good. How long did it take to print all that with the (assuming) voron?
yep with the VORON, um hard to tell been doing it in blocks just finished the two bearing holders for Z, that took 2.5 hours, just loaded up the Z motor mount, screw mount and idler and thats another 2 hours , so all up probably about 10-12hours at 60mm/s

3 perimeters, 0.25mm layers, 50% infill with eSun ABS+
Old 27th February 2017, 5:47 PM   #7
oRiCLe Thread Starter

Quick weekend update...

spool holder built and assembled, loving it!

and Z platform mounts are installed and ready for the bed and rods...

now waiting from some nuts and bearings from china to continue the build...
Old 27th February 2017, 8:30 PM   #8
thedealer

Looks great. I love that spool holder design. Gonna have a go at printing that myself. Can't wait to see the finished printer!
Old 7th March 2017, 3:15 PM   #9
oRiCLe Thread Starter

Almost ready to assemble, just waiting on the 3mm bearings now, hopefully should be here this week...

Old 8th March 2017, 12:37 PM   #10
SimParadox

I was trying to find the spool holder shapes in the link you provided but I don't see them. Did you design them yourself?
Intel 6850K, ASRock X99 Taichi, Corsair T780 case, Corsair RM1000i power supply, Samsung 960 EVO M2.SSD, 2TB WD Black, 32GB (4x8GB) G.Skill RipJaws DDR4-3000, Corsair H115i cooler, Asus GeForce GTX 1070 OC 8GB.
SimParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 12:58 PM   #11
oRiCLe Thread Starter

the clamp is in the main thing, the spool holders are in the accessory pack thing...

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2084725

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimParadox View Post
I was trying to find the spool holder shapes in the link you provided but I don't see them. Did you design them yourself?
Old 8th March 2017, 10:16 PM   #12
SimParadox

Quote:
Originally Posted by oRiCLe View Post
the clamp is in the main thing, the spool holders are in the accessory pack thing...

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2084725
Thank you!
Intel 6850K, ASRock X99 Taichi, Corsair T780 case, Corsair RM1000i power supply, Samsung 960 EVO M2.SSD, 2TB WD Black, 32GB (4x8GB) G.Skill RipJaws DDR4-3000, Corsair H115i cooler, Asus GeForce GTX 1070 OC 8GB.
SimParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 7:32 PM   #13
oRiCLe Thread Starter

finally got the bearings in the mail today being the last part i needed to continue with the build...

printing out a few remixes of parts that have appeared over the last few weeks that look to be stronger and nicer versions, will update once printing is done and assembly begins...
Old 13th March 2017, 8:07 PM   #14
thedealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oRiCLe View Post
finally got the bearings in the mail today being the last part i needed to continue with the build...

printing out a few remixes of parts that have appeared over the last few weeks that look to be stronger and nicer versions, will update once printing is done and assembly begins...
I've just started printing myself. Just curious what remixes you're printing?
Old 13th March 2017, 9:17 PM   #15
oRiCLe Thread Starter

Quote:
I've just started printing myself. Just curious what remixes you're printing?
- running 10mm Z axis shafts on alloy brackets so printed the LM10LUU Z brackets.
- just finished the upgraded X-rod brackets and will probably mod my XY gantry caps to suit the optical endstops i have instead of printing the modified cap with the tab on it.
- z mount upgrade for the acme screw is alot more sturdy than the original
- Updated Y gantry idlers look the goods also compared to stock

and thats it so far i think :P

Also trying out a BL Touch on this build as have an inductive sensor, currently have ABL with the nozzle and microswitch on the VORON and an IR differential sensor but none have worked well enough in terms of repeatability...

Here is my collection on thingiverse with all the mods I have collected or plan to use: http://www.thingiverse.com/ube3d/collections/hypercube