Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > General Topics > Troubleshooting Help

Notices

Old 5th March 2017, 9:18 AM   #1
HONRO Thread Starter

Default RAM Speed issue & Long boot times.

Hi,

I have the below RAM installed on this motherboard, and i'm experiencing a bizarre issue.

My boot times can be really long in excess of 2+ minutes. I have gone into the bios and selected xmp and the motherboard has automatically detected the ram timing at 2133MHz. At this speed, the PC can take anywhere from 10seconds to 2mins to boot, its quite intermittent & random.

When I try and select the rated speed of the RAM (2400MHz) it can take well over 5mins to boot. I have run a memtest, and no errors are reported. I have also purchased a 2nd kit and attempted the same above with those with the same results above. I even tried it with all 4 ram sticks installed and still the same issue above.

Motherboard: https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards...PLUS/overview/

RAM: http://www.corsair.com/en-eu/vengean...6gx4m2a2400c14

In addition to this ram, the CPU is a Intel Core i7 6700k (skylake).

Any Idea's why its taking soo long to boot? Or why the MB doesn't like the rated speed of the RAM?
-= | Giga-Byte GA-K8NS Ultra-939 | Athlon 64 3800+ | GeCube Radeon X800XT-PE | 2x512 MB Corsair DDR400 | 120 GB Western Digital + 60GB Seagate Barracuda | OptiWrite 8X DVD Burner | Lite-On 52x CDR-DVD Combo | Windows XP Pro SP2 | =-
HONRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2017, 8:44 PM   #2
i7Baby

Is the ram on the motherboard compatible memory list?