Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > General Topics > Troubleshooting Help

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 9th March 2017, 8:49 PM   #1
dan441 Thread Starter

Default Colour Laser Printer print quality issues - Pics Inside - printing streaky pages

Hi All - Hoping someone with a bit more knowledge than me about Laser printers can help out!

I've got a HP 2600n colour laser printer that is leaving substantial streaks on the pages it prints. It's second-hand to me and it's never actually worked properly.

I've cleaned the Transfer Belt as it was covered with toner dust and it printed cleanly for about 1 page, then progressively got worse again with each subsequent print, as the toner dust built up again on the transfer belt.

Any ideas on what it could be and how to fix it?

-

-
dan441 is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 9th March 2017, 9:04 PM   #2
Supersize

Maybe this will help.

"If you refill these toners, you should cut a second hole and empty the waste bin at the same time."

https://www.reddit.com/r/printers/co...with_hp_2600n/
Supersize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 9:45 PM   #3
dan441 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersize View Post
"If you refill these toners, you should cut a second hole and empty the waste bin at the same time."
Thanks!
I haven't replaced/refilled any cartridges myself, but it's definately a remanufactured black toner cartridge that's in there at the moment, so I guess it could have been refilled but not have had the waste toner emptied.

Would I be right in thinking that since the streaks are black, then it's the black toner cartridge that is probably the culprit?

Last edited by dan441; 9th March 2017 at 10:04 PM.
Old 10th March 2017, 12:23 PM   #4
cbb1935

I'd get a maintenance kit for it. Replace the transfer belt, rollers, and toners and start afresh.

Had to do the same with my 2100TN a while back.

http://www.precisionroller.com/instr...intenance-kit/

As a side note newer HP printers will actually check and verify that the cartridges are legit HP and if not void your warranty.
Old 11th March 2017, 7:18 PM   #5
dan441 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbb1935 View Post
I'd get a maintenance kit for it. Replace the transfer belt, rollers, and toners and start afresh.
Thanks, I had hoped not to have to do everything! I've had a look at the full cost to replace everything and it's probably cheaper to keep my eye out for a second-hand unit on ebay that still has toner in it. By the sounds of it, it's probably worth replacing the black toner unit/roller with a unit that has an empty waste bin, and see if that resolves the problem, and if not, just scrap it for parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbb1935 View Post
As a side note newer HP printers will actually check and verify that the cartridges are legit HP and if not void your warranty.
Yeah, this one is already showing a non-genuine yellow cartridge warning on startup that you have to 'confirm' before you can proceed.