Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 12th July 2004, 10:10 AM   #46
mattah

Quote:
Originally posted by Mickoeus
Damn, 45k/s thats sweet.
It's not exactly useable. The entire ship is basically engine.

Quote:
And on a side note: I just got my first implant! (+1 to charisma from a lvl 2 agent). Just gotta decide if I should use it or escrow it.
I just spent 40 million the last week on three implants, +3 perception, +3 willpower, and a +2 intelligence. Now I'm broke and will need to go mine/refine some bistot.
Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!" But the man refused to strike the prophet. Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me." And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him.
(1 Kings 20:35-36 NLT)
mattah is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 13th July 2004, 9:04 AM   #47
Mickoeus

Quote:
Originally posted by mattah
It's not exactly useable. The entire ship is basically engine.
Still nice to have bragging rights.

Quote:
I just spent 40 million the last week on three implants, +3 perception, +3 willpower, and a +2 intelligence. Now I'm broke and will need to go mine/refine some bistot.
I got a second +1 charisma implant from the same agent again last night. Thats 2 +1 charisma implants in about 5 missions, pretty lucky i guess. Now to see if anyone will pay 4 mil for each on escrow.
Mickoeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2004, 9:44 AM   #48
Ashpool

Default Anyone Still playing eve?

Anyone Still playing eve?

I have just restarted playing and am looking for some OCAUer's to hook up with online...
Ashpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2004, 10:17 AM   #49
Biscuithead

I use to play, but i quit, it gets boring. All the whining from carebares when we use to kill them, I use to be in the CA

I miss the mates i had in my corp and the many hours i spent going round cfs/stain and xetic space killing eveything.

Shiva is gunna be the next coming stage of eve, where they rls elite cruisers and other stuff.

Only problem i had was when i created a second account, i kept getting errors, so i changed my login and it worked first time, then 6 months later i found that i was being charged for the account i was trying to create but recieving errors. So be careful!
Biscuithead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2004, 12:20 PM   #50
mattah

I am still playing. Just passed 4.5 mil SP.
Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!" But the man refused to strike the prophet. Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me." And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him.
Old 10th September 2004, 8:32 PM   #51
Sabot68

Yeah I'm playing... abit too much actually . I have just signed up for another account. I'm in an all aussie corp (Genx) who are allied with BA (blackavatar) who regularly kick CA's arse. Eve is Heaps of fun but can get boring at times and is a HUGE time hog.
Old 10th September 2004, 8:54 PM   #52
icepick

I played for about 4 months a while ago. I quit after I lost my uninsured BS (armageddon) to some stupid NPC pirates (after the tech 2 patch - which made NPCs so much tougher). I couldn't face all that mining for months on end to get enough money to replace the lost BS..

The other major problem was the time difference, I was in a corp of european players and ended up playing by myself most of the time - really boring..

Other than that I really loved the game, I've been thinking about playing again. The game seems to be doing very well (they broke the 10000 concurrent players mark at some point).
icepick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2004, 11:42 PM   #53
Biscuithead

Quote:
who regularly kick CA's arse

u make this sound like the eve-online forums lol

go back to mining veld
Biscuithead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2004, 12:01 AM   #54
Mad

I'm a member of JHENR corp who are also allied with BA and also kicking CAs arse. My old corp Sirius was an all aussie corp but it wasn't doing much so I left. If I knew you genx were aussies i would have looked into joining you.

My eve name is Bloodsent btw.
Mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2004, 9:00 PM   #55
giles666

Hey

Started playing today game is great and very addictive.

Reminds me of X-2 only with heaps mopre stuff to do .

Will deffinatly be playing for a long time. I want me a battleship.
giles666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2004, 9:43 AM   #56
mattah

Quote:
Originally posted by giles666
Will deffinatly be playing for a long time. I want me a battleship.
Then you get one and think .. "hey this is kinda not fun", and start training for elite frigates.
Old 13th September 2004, 11:05 AM   #57
Borgod

Yeah Im still playing, but as said its very time consuming so I havent gotten the most out of it yet.

The part Im enjoying alot of is the political side of things. Im in CoD and our war against Phoenix Alliance is getting huge - a very evenly matched war too.

My corp has 3 squadrons - euro/US and Aussies so its good to have a good mix.

We're always looking for new players so if anyone is interested give me a hoy in game - my name is Borgonaheim
We got a nice (wealthy) area of 0.0 to ourselves too so if anyone wants to make some serious Isk then contact me and I'll forward you on to our CEO.

mattah: too true!

- Coldstream Guards -
Borgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2004, 12:27 PM   #58
dcunneen

Once again I quit playing EVE

It's just too time consuming for me, I found myself not being able to log on for almost a week, and then it's very hard to justify the asking price. I really wish I didn't have a life, job or study, so I could just play EVE all the time
dcunneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2004, 1:40 PM   #59
Borgod

Yep, same boat as me.

Sometimes I wonder if it's worthwhile when I really dont have any time to play it much, but every day I read my corps forums and get all excited about it.

As soon as Ive finished studying this semester I'm looking forward to getting into it heavier and making an impact hopefully.

- Coldstream Guards -
Borgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2004, 2:01 PM   #60
Gallium

This game sounds pretty good, I haven't played any MMOG (apart from Knight Online which I'm bored of after 4 days). I just downloaded the EVE client from their main site and it looks like their trial period thing is over. I would really like to try this game, see whats possible, as I wanna start playing online games. Does EVE still allow invites? if so do you think someone could shoot me an invite so I can try this game out?
Radeon R9 270x
500 GB SSD
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote