Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 10th January 2005, 9:38 PM   #91
Shado

One thing I found helped when new was the rookie chat channel (or help chat channel). Ask n00bic questions there and almost always get an answer right away. It really saves having to 'work it out' yourself. Joining a corp geared towards helping new players was of use also. Lots of other players there asking the same questions as me.
Shado is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 10th January 2005, 9:50 PM   #92
pippin88

Are there any free trials going at the moment?
pippin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2005, 10:06 PM   #93
ring wraith

gimme your email and ill send you a 14 day free trial.
Old 11th January 2005, 3:34 AM   #94
Mercora

Can I ask what keeps you people coming back to EVE? I got bored of it very quickly because there aren't really any real goals... sure you can start a corp. or get a battleship but those aren't worthwhile to me if everybody can do it with relative ease.

Why?
Mercora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2005, 7:55 AM   #95
ring wraith

because it ISNT that easy, thats whats so good. its a feeling of accomplishment to be able to mine up minerals to build yourself your own battleship and then whomp players in 0.0 space.
Old 11th January 2005, 10:19 AM   #96
B5lurker

For the recent newbs if you plan to continue playing I recommend that you do the learning skills at least to lvl 4 as this will be a great advantage for your character
B5lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2005, 11:58 AM   #97
Borgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5lurker
For the recent newbs if you plan to continue playing I recommend that you do the learning skills at least to lvl 4 as this will be a great advantage for your character
I agree, and be picky with the corp you choose, as some are crap and won't do anything for you, but some others are fantastic with great members who will help you out with invaluable advice and maybe some free parts (or free ships) if you're lucky.

Ive been playing for about 7 months now and I'm still learning new things.

- Coldstream Guards -
Borgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2005, 10:48 PM   #98
Shado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercora
Can I ask what keeps you people coming back to EVE? I got bored of it very quickly because there aren't really any real goals... sure you can start a corp. or get a battleship but those aren't worthwhile to me if everybody can do it with relative ease.

Why?
What goals are there in any MMORPG? IMHO, games with goals get old quickly, you meet the goal and it's done. Eve has no goals except those which you set yourself. You can be part of a crack PVP team, or gain that priceless T2 blueprint. Manufacture a range of goods, or items from a specific field. You can mine so fast that it's almost not boring. Beat a level 4 mission, or just have fun with a gang.
Shado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2005, 3:20 AM   #99
Froodogs

werd. I tried eve once for about a day, was driven mad by the hugeness of it all, and gave up. Then a few days back I saw this thread and decided to fire up another 14 day free trial, and two days later I'm HOOKED bigtime. great freaking game. I fell in with a corp of UK/EU players who helped me out heaps, but their corp isn't really going anywhere, so I feel like i want to get into a more 'go getter' type of corp, with more members, more activity, and more importanly, MORE AUSSIES.

I play at all sorts of odd hours of the day, so being online and not having any corp-mates on is kind of getting on my nerves. I haven't been playing for long, but i'm making decent money trading already, and should have my shit together in a pretty severe way very shortly, so although I'm new I should have a lot to offer any corp.

If anyone knows of any corps that sound like my kind of thing, please let me know via an eve-mail (ingame name Kasim Shekvet). I won't be able to join anyone straight away, because I want to make sure I've paid back any debts I owe to the corp I'm in before I move on, 'cause they got me on my feet pretty quickly. Just seems like the right thing to do. Shouldn't take long though, just a few quick trips back and forth with the indy I got. *Grin*

Thanks boys.
Froodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2005, 9:04 AM   #100
cuahtemoc

As another potential recruiter, my corp is looking for new members - currently we have an Australian CEO and mainly australian members, with some europeans and americans too.

Corp is VTIL, no taxing, based in Nakah and most corp activity is pirate hunting around this area, mining in this area or running agent missions. Basically we help each other out but mostly spend our time doing whatever. All corp decisions (wars, etc) made by consensus. Give us a hoy if you're interested and we can give you more information. Sleyha is our CEO - just tell him Bruja sent you.
Old 14th January 2005, 10:50 AM   #101
lethoso

I signed up on a free trial, and now they have me addicted so i've started paying :/

It's a damn fun game, though it's a little hard starting out with fuck all skills.
Old 14th January 2005, 10:58 AM   #102
Ballist1c

EVE ROCKS THE BLOODY CASBAH!!!!!!

I will probably get back into it against soon.. i was hooked after the bloody trial..... but ... due to exams.. i refused to renew my account

Anyway..... cant wait to get back into it... get my bloody interceptor... and run rings around a few battleships...

OH AND HUNT BOUNTIES... i hear SHiva is in... with a whole bunch of spankin crazy stuff....
AMD Athlon64 3500+ @ 240x10, 1.47vcore |Thermalright XP-90 & 92mm panaflo 56.8cfm |MSI K8N Neo2 Platnium |2x 512MB Samsung 2700LL@ DDR400 2.5-6-3-3-1, 2.85v |Sapphire 0800XT 512MB |Pioneer DVD-RW |Antec Neo 420W |Antec Super LAN Boy
Successful Trades - MnM, ELLIOTBDC, Fatmantan, ezee
Ballist1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2005, 11:02 AM   #103
Dilligaf666

there is an ingame channel called "ANZAC" which has aussies and Kiwis
Also ASC - Adelaide Space corp has a public channel called ADEL.

Try those - being in a corp is best and if u have a few players on it makes life easier - helps u to mine do missions etc.

My ingame name is Jebus Dilligaf
Old 14th January 2005, 12:08 PM   #104
Borgod

But ASC is in NSA...
hehe

cuahtemoc you guys sound good, do you have a public channel I can drop in to?

- Coldstream Guards -
Borgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2005, 4:44 AM   #105
thrax

Hmmm, I wasn't aware that so many aussies where playing eve, well I'm in a Corporation called Cross-Enterprise, we can be found in Sortet V, Ancbeu, Verge Vender. so feel free to drop us us an application, we are always looking for hard workers. btw my name is Nelson Vandermark.

Last edited by thrax; 15th January 2005 at 4:44 AM.
thrax is offline   Reply With Quote