Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > General Topics > Overclocking & Hardware

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 29th July 2012, 5:02 PM   #76
sean0118

Hey I think the CPUidle page has been hacked. Firefox warned me that it's an 'Attack Page'. Searched it on urlvoid and came up with this:

"What happened when Google visited this site? Of the 7 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 4 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-07-28, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-07-25."

http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/d...ite=cpuidle.de
sean0118 is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 24th November 2012, 7:41 AM   #77
MrSeanKon Thread Starter

Thanks again for your posts.
Thread updated
CPUIdle web page works again.
MrSeanKon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2013, 1:25 PM   #78
Akh-Horus

Best computer temperature monitoring programme available these days?
[Logitech 'G' Owners Club Member #1]
OCAU Fishing Club Member #43
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgB deano View Post
I'm looking forward to polishing my new big knob
Quote:
Originally Posted by kombiman View Post
I've blown a guy at .444 and he could talk. Should have been dead but was very very well practiced
Akh-Horus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2015, 8:23 PM   #79
the3coopers

Default "SoftFSB" for OLD SCHOOL OVERCLOCKING

"SoftFSB" for OLD SCHOOL OVERCLOCKING

I was reminded yesterday that people now days may not know how we used to overclock in the late 1990's. Abit kind of revolutionised BIOS when they added SoftMenu which allowed you to change FSB and voltages from BIOS, rather than using Jumpers. Then we had Slot 1 and the Celeron 300A era, which is when I got right into OC'ing, and the whole thing went mainstream.

One problem with the older boards is that they take forever to boot, so when you are working through BIOS Setting it's painful to have to keep rebooting... plus you still had to get Windoze to load (usually Win98SE in those days) which was sitting on top of DOS 6.0.

There was a revelation when a Japanese coder called H.Oda developed some software that allowed us to change FSB from within Windows.

Here is his Website: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002374/

Wcpu is a windows CPU MHz display, so you can run it while you tweak the frequency. This is also handy to check whether the OC actually worked, because otherwise you pretty much had to exit and reboot and check the POST Screen to see what happened.

Unfortunately, H.Oda's excellent little program SoftFSB has been removed from the site, but read on...

Change FSB in Windows with SoftFSB - this fan page has been set up http://www.oocities.org/enigmadeadsouls/softfsb.html

There is quite a bit of info there, screen captures, etc and you can download from there (I have NOT checked if virus free etc, but take the proper precautions anyway).

Basically, if your Motherboard is on the list, you select it. If not and your Clock Generator is listed, then select that. If neither, then don't use the program!

Once that's selected, it allows you to alter the FSB in whatever steps the Clock allows. For example, an Abit BH6 or BE6 can only go 66-75-83-100-112-124-133MHz but an Abit BF6 has 1MHz steps for the FSB. It all depends on the Clock Generator.

The other thing is that these software overclocking programs allowed you to tweak the FSB of some motherboards that did not officially support overclocking (providing that the Clock Generator was supported). This was so outrageously handy back in those days, since not everyone had the relatively rare and expensive Abit/Aopen/Asus boards that could be tweaked.

Even back in those days all our stability tests were done in Windows and often it would be handy to have a "on-the-fly" speed boost, like the old Turbo Button. I used to do that - ran my 300A at 450MHz normally, then whacked it up to 504 for short bursts in Winter, when I needed to get something encoded, etc.

There's other software out there that does this stuff too - in a quick Google I found that CPUID used to have a program called "ClockGen". There is a couple of other mentioned on that Fan Page for SoftFSB too.

Remember - there are tons of tools to do this stuff on modern systems, but if you are OC'ing old skool boards then these are totally Voodoo stuff indeed. Also note that they cannot adjust Voltage, only the FSB. So, it's not the perfect solution because a Vcore bump is often needed to get the OC to be stable.

I was right into this stuff back then, but since moved onto other things and have forgotten most of it. So to learn more, fire up Mr Google and trawl through the old info on it in established forums, etc.

Have fun

Last edited by the3coopers; 20th February 2015 at 8:27 PM.
the3coopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2015, 11:55 PM   #80
BarboneNet

Is better quit from here...

Last edited by BarboneNet; 10th March 2016 at 5:57 PM.
BarboneNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2015, 9:06 PM   #81
ae00711

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarboneNet View Post
http://occlub.ru/soft/Overclocking_Tools_CD.zip

detail content
*snip*

thanks to occlub.ru
cool! a zip file from a russian website!

ae00711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2015, 12:10 AM   #82
BarboneNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae00711 View Post
cool! a zip file from a russian website!
Of about 319mb.....very big for only a troyan!!!

I use it without problem....inside there is alot of tool that you cannot find anywhere.
For example ocxtweaker lastversion...
BarboneNet is offline   Reply With Quote