Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Pets & Animals

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 12th March 2008, 11:53 PM   #136
Ze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh G Rection View Post
Thanks.

I couldn't bare to have her body in the rain so I went out there with a bucket and shovel, got what I could off the road and buried her in the backyard. We will be planting beautiful flowers around her (She loved the flowers we grow) as our little reminder of her
We plant a tree over the graves of our pets when we bury them.

I know how hard it can be to find your pet run over , I've been the one to find ours most of the time and it's very hard to handle.
Or did I? .. maybe its the truth... Who knows? Oh thats right .. only I do ... so if you dont know you shouldnt comment on it..
Ze. is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 19th March 2008, 1:33 PM   #137
nexx

Oh man this isn't easy. My brother called yesterday, our cat 'Spike' got put down He was 14yrs old and we'd had him since I was 8.

He seemed perfectly healthy & normal recently so this is such a shock to me. I moved out of home on the weekend and this has put an end to all my recent celebrations & optimism.

Apparently a blood clot had formed, paralyzing his back legs. My brother found him stuck in the cat door, in a pool of his own pee, crying in pain. Mum rushed him to the vet who provided a diagnoses of the clot and probable heart issues. He was given some painkillers and it was decided to make it a one-way trip.

I cant begin to imagine how painful and confusing the whole experience was for him. I'm glad I wasn't there to see him in such a state, but it's destroying me that I never had a chance to say goodbye.

RIP dude
nexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 3:15 PM   #138
Oosh

Feel for you mate, had the same thing happen almost a year ago, when our family dog Rosie died after I moved out. The no goodbye is the hardest part but you also get to remember Spike at his (?) best.

Just be prepared for it feeling a little weird and empty when you got back round the house for a while til you get used to the place without him.
Old 19th March 2008, 5:22 PM   #139
BGH

Man I hope I never have to write in this thread
BGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 11:48 PM   #140
BGrunt

Still hurting !
got Jakes paw tattoed on my right ankle and his name 2 weeks ago !
If there ever was a dog to remember it was Jake !
BGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 12:20 PM   #141
Break the Cycle Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze. View Post
We plant a tree over the graves of our pets when we bury them.

I know how hard it can be to find your pet run over , I've been the one to find ours most of the time and it's very hard to handle.
Yeah we've done the same. The (ex)dog from the OP has a lime tree growing on top of him!

Theory being we can have a corona and lime on the dog at some point He would have wanted it that way, he loved his beer.
Old 24th March 2008, 10:01 PM   #142
infusionv2

i had to stop reading this thread...

condolences for all

seriously brings tears to my eyes..
Old 6th April 2008, 10:38 AM   #143
Kara

My cocker spaniel x blue heeler Misty died last night. We've recently moved house and she wasn't moving in the afternoon except wagging her tail when we went to check on her so we took her to the vet and we had to put her down. They think she ate something poisonous because it was a rapid change. We've had her for eight years, I got her for Christmas when I was 11. She was a crazy dog and I miss her a lot now.

Here is Misty on a hairy day:

Last edited by Kara; 6th April 2008 at 10:45 AM.
Kara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 11:28 AM   #144
BGrunt

Default R.I.P.

sorry for u dude !
Old 12th April 2008, 1:31 AM   #145
Rexy

We got our dog put down tonight at the vet. He was 15, and was going down hill. His eyesight was very poor, was quite deaf, he had a heart murmour and just started having problems breathing. We were listening to him struggling to breath in bed this morning, and we knew it was time. It was very difficult for my wife, she's had him since he was 8 weeks old, and he was a hell of a character. He was 1 year old when my rottweiler puppy arrived, and he owned my rottweiler bigtime. The rottweiler did what he was told, owned by a half foot high fluffball with attitude who owned the house and everything in it. R.I.P Ben up in doggy heaven.

Click to view full-sized image!
Hosted by UGBox Image Store

I've got thousands of pics of our dogs, but this is a nice cozy one poor in photographic skill, but nice in that its at our my Grandparents old place, a big 6 acre place in the country where they both loved to roam free and bark at the horses - Ben (the little white one) would bark like a demon at a 7 foot high horse, not scared at all he would be trampled - fearless. The sunbeam on Ben makes it a memorable shot.
Rexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 7:44 PM   #146
/\/\usE+

3.53pm 24/04/2008 the Ziggy Pig tapped out for the last time. RIP darlin'

Old 23rd May 2008, 1:34 PM   #147
timsarg

My old girl Kat started suffering seizures and as hard as it was i had her put down as i could not allow myself to see her suffer just so she could still be with me . She was 15 years old.

RIP KAT 26-4-08

timsarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 7:35 PM   #148
BGrunt

Default Wow

"Sigh" they get under your skin and never leave you thats for sure , so sorry for your loss mate !
15 years is pretty good she was apt at upside down walking or was she benching the lounge :-/ do what i do and remember the good times it helps !
Old 11th June 2008, 9:22 PM   #149
bl4ck32

my mrs little dog (papillion x fruit bat = best way to descibe the lil bugger) had a run in with her other golden lab.

Its usually been over food, the jealous idiots growl n such, but it got out of hand this time...

The lab some how managed to actually chomp and break the lil guys jaw, maybe dislocated it too...we took him to the vets, but they said it wouldnt be guaranteed that he would make the long and intensive recovery with the feeding via a tube + the 2k+ bill we would face regardless if he made it or not...

Was very sad, both me and the mrs breaking down in the vets...

Had to put the poor lil bugger down...

R.I.P Harvey

Old 19th June 2008, 9:08 PM   #150
Santah

Goodbye Shadow. I feel very lucky to have had such a great dog.

He was a few months away from 14. Liver failure so we had to put him down tonight. Very sad. I stayed with him in the vets at the end, I hope it comforted him.
Santah is offline   Reply With Quote