Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Pets & Animals

Notices

Old 17th February 2007, 6:20 PM   #31
half-cut

Default RIP

I lost my dog of 7 years a few weeks ago, i went out for a couple of hours and came home to find him dead. He had tried to jump the side picket gate and he got his paw stuck between the wood and just hung there and died in the heat. The neibours heard him crying but didnt do anything .. He was my best mate, as all you pet owners would have experienced. Im still grieving for him and no other dog can replace him

RIP Bosco.

OVER $11500+ IN TRADES
half-cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2007, 6:53 PM   #32
gumble85

Quote:
Originally Posted by half-cut View Post
I lost my dog of 7 years a few weeks ago, i went out for a couple of hours and came home to find him dead. He had tried to jump the side picket gate and he got his paw stuck between the wood and just hung there and died in the heat. The neibours heard him crying but didnt do anything .. He was my best mate, as all you pet owners would have experienced. Im still grieving for him and no other dog can replace him

RIP Bosco.
I am sorry to hear that mate . I hope he rests in peace .
| gumble by name - grumble by nature If you cannot beat it then shoot it. | [Logitech 'G' Owners Club Member #71] | MAIN PC - MB: GA-P67A-UD5; CPU: i7-2600k; RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance II 1600MHz; GFX: 1.5GB Asus DirectCU II GTX580; HDD: WD Velociraptor SATA3 600GB, 1TB WD Caviar Black SATA3, 3x 2TB WD Caviar Green's; CD/DVD ROM: LG Blue-RW. |
gumble85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2007, 8:09 PM   #33
Ze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holistic View Post
I reversed my car over my partner's cat on the weekend
Not pretty. Messy and rather slow death. Looked at one point that I'd have to finish her off to put her out of misery, but she died before I took a swing with the block splitter.

Always feels rotten to lose a pet, even worse when you killed it yourself. RIP Casper.
Sorry to hear about that mate, When we lived out of town Dad ran over our dog called 'good dog' because the fella was old and liked sleeping under cars. Dad had to put him out of his misery. I can't imagine how bad he would've felt because he'd been the one to bring him home after another teacher had brought him into school and said he was going to the pound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by half-cut

RIP Bosco.
Sorry to hear about Bosco , I can't believe anybody would leave any animal to die like that.
Or did I? .. maybe its the truth... Who knows? Oh thats right .. only I do ... so if you dont know you shouldnt comment on it..
Ze. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2007, 9:34 PM   #34
mixsetup

Sorry to hear that. The bloke accross the road has a boxer that did that and it took me over an hour to just get close enough to un bolt a picket and set him free. I'd have got bitten to save him for your neibours to do nothing is so sad.
mixsetup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 8:11 AM   #35
Ma Baker
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by half-cut View Post

RIP Bosco.
How awful for you, I can only imagine how you would feel coming home to find Bosco. It takes time, especially under the circumstances.
Old 28th February 2007, 8:18 AM   #36
MR CHILLED
D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMiNaTiOn View Post
I know exactly how you feel, a couple of years ago I lost the cat I grew up with to a snake bite.
Well the "good" thing was that while she was paralysed I was stroking her (waiting for the vet to open) and she was purring so I don't think she was in a great deal of pain, just couldn't move. I pointed her face towards me so she could at least see me, hopefully that helped also. Vet said she was an older cat anyways, so there wasn't much they could do.
Old 1st March 2007, 4:40 AM   #37
nap

My dog, which has been with me for 17yrs had to be put down a few days ago, his organs were just failing due to old age. I swear it is one of the hardest things to go through and I really feel for those who've lost their loved ones or pets, I'm still recovering atm, its so damn hard but as each day passes by I hope time heals.
nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2007, 1:08 AM   #38
Hugh G Rection

My first dogs (A cocker spaniel and a labrador x dingo) died 10 years ago... yet I still miss them and I get all choked up when I see puppies that look like them

Does anybody else behave like that?

Same goes for my cat. She's been dead for nearly 2 years but I still miss her so much
Hugh G Rection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2007, 2:05 AM   #39
nap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh G Rection View Post
My first dogs (A cocker spaniel and a labrador x dingo) died 10 years ago... yet I still miss them and I get all choked up when I see puppies that look like them

Same goes for my cat. She's been dead for nearly 2 years but I still miss her so much
As we take care of our pets and look out for its safety, I think deep down us we feel that its one of our 'kids'... maybe thats why... but i totally know where you are coming from.
nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2007, 2:29 AM   #40
Recharge

this is why I keep snakes

my coastal carpet pythons have an ETL of 40 years...
they are four, I'm 37, they'll probably outlive me ;P
I'm british on my mum's side and think most aussies and aussie culture in general is just absolutely degenerate.
Recharge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2007, 11:22 AM   #41
Ze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh G Rection View Post

They become part of your family so i think its natural. I know I certainly miss the pets in the family that have died.
Or did I? .. maybe its the truth... Who knows? Oh thats right .. only I do ... so if you dont know you shouldnt comment on it..
Ze. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2007, 9:02 PM   #42
k_sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recharge View Post
this is why I keep snakes

my coastal carpet pythons have an ETL of 40 years...
they are four, I'm 37, they'll probably outlive me ;P
One of my babies has ETL of up to 75 years! But unfortunately he only made it to about 17 months He got himself wedged against a rock overnight and drowned.

RIP gonzo, 26/2/07

Click to view full-sized image!
Hosted by UGBox Image Store
Old 5th March 2007, 4:16 PM   #43
R3Dl2ULZ

a few months ago i lost a series of Siamese Fighting Fish. they were only fish, but as far as fish go they had personality. First lost was a red male named Chuck, he started out rather shy but after a few months became playful and would follow your finger closely or nip at it when you stuck it in. His replacement was an electric blue female called Skye, she was always active and followed your fingers, she died shortly after Happy, who was an electric blue male who unfortunately attacked the other fish in my tank and died alone in a small 1-2L tank.
it was sad losing them.

not as sad as the news i got about 6 months ago that the family dog had hung herself jumping off a 10m balcony. her leash had become tangled and she didnt make it to the ground. my dad came home to find her like that. she was mainly Dingo, and rather stupid. ran headfirst into the glass door alot. but like all dogs she cared and was a loved member of the family. she used to get scared during thunderstorms and hide under the tv stand. her name was Wallah
R3Dl2ULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2007, 4:33 PM   #44
icky
(Banned or Deleted)

RIP Mumbo and Jumbo.. my two Albino Rabbits =/
icky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 7:17 PM   #45
cbb1935
Unregistered / Not Logged In

Today I lost Nexus, my friend, my pal, my buddy..

Fuckn awesome pet and he was so well trained.

He died in his sleep some time today ... I'll see you up there sometime buddy, if that place exists.