Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Pets & Animals

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 14th March 2007, 11:35 PM   #46
nap

I noticed a lot of pets dying around this time because its very hot season, was your pets in a very hot area? the heat really messes them up
nap is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 14th March 2007, 11:49 PM   #47
karnage112

Well i'd thought i'd add my dog Queenie to this RIP thread though most of you have probably seen my thread. Awesome dog.

Not a trouble maker at all. Such a shame i didn't take any pics of her. I didn't think she'd be gone so soon.Think my dad did though.

We got her last Christmas. One of the best presents i ever got to be honest.
Sigh.
karnage112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2007, 8:27 PM   #48
ada3k

sorry i didnt know where else to vent my grief but here...

i heard her digging in the yard last night quite rapidly and thought nothing of it (she doesnt normally dig so im an idiot for not taking notice), today i just got home from work and gone to feed her to find he in her kennel...legs outright and stiff ......

Is 10 years a normal age for a Irish Setter? should she be stiff...i can't look at her i just ball my eyes every time...

Here is a pic from 2 years back

Click to view full-sized image!
Hosted by UGBox Image Store
ada3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2007, 2:55 AM   #49
Ma Baker
Forum Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada3k View Post
sorry i didnt know where else to vent my grief but here...
[/url]
Sorry to hear about your dog, she looks a beautiful dog.

RIP
Old 5th April 2007, 6:05 PM   #50
ShadowGeoff

My cat has been acting odd of late, not washing properly, staying in one area. He has had arthritis and is on painkillers but this is different.

Mum took him to the vet this morning, Catty has a large growth in his abdomen that is causing the problems (probably cancer). Blood tests say his kidneys are in bad condition and would probably go into failure in an operation. He was panting in the vet (a stress situiation) which is also aparently bad news for surviving an OP. He is old, late teens, I know cant can live longer than this but I think the number of problems has just mounted up too high. He also has glaucoma in one eye (has had this for a while) and it is swolen.

They are going to put him to sleep I think. The vet says he would not survive and operation. They say they are going to do it today. I know it is the humane thing to do, a sleep, then no more pain (he is on painkillers and they are only partly effective). But my hands are shaking. I am going to go to the movies rather than be involved in it, I have said my goodbye.

R.I.P Catty (2nd)
ShadowGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2007, 7:08 PM   #51
karnage112

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGeoff View Post
But my hands are shaking. I am going to go to the movies rather than be involved in it, I have said my goodbye.

R.I.P Catty (2nd)
Sorry for your loss mate.
karnage112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2007, 8:55 PM   #52
ShadowGeoff

^

Thanks alot, it really means something to me.

It is done. I am in tears here I feel so bad. <hug>
ShadowGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 2:59 PM   #53
DiZZ_19

Its with great sadness that I inform you that our Dalmatian, Jasper, was put down this afternoon.

In the last month his health had been up and down, which our vet diagnosed as pancreatitis.
Over the last week he started to reject his food, which isn't like our dog at all. As a result he rapidly lost 6Kg in weight.
Then last night he stopped eating altogether. This morning, we took him to another vet for a second opinion. The news wasn't good. Along with his pancreas there were also problems with his liver.

We made a heartbreaking decision to let him go now, rather than have him being miserable and whittle away to nothing.
I hope we made the right decision.

I'm trying to take solice in the fact that he didn't suffer, but when I said goodbye to him this morning he didn't look like a dog that was ready to go.

Life can be unfair sometimes. This simply wasn't fair.

R.I.P Jasper.

You will be sorely missed.
DiZZ_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 3:03 PM   #54
slashrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiZZ_19 View Post
Its with great sadness that I inform you that our Dalmatian, Jasper, was put down this afternoon.

In the last month his health had been up and down, which our vet diagnosed as pancreatitis.
Over the last week he started to reject his food, which isn't like our dog at all. As a result he rapidly lost 6Kg in weight.
Then last night he stopped eating altogether. This morning, we took him to another vet for a second opinion. The news wasn't good. Along with his pancreas there were also problems with his liver.

We made a heartbreaking decision to let him go now, rather than have him being miserable and whittle away to nothing.
I hope we made the right decision.

I'm trying to take solice in the fact that he didn't suffer, but when I said goodbye to him this morning he didn't look like a dog that was ready to go.

Life can be unfair sometimes. This simply wasn't fair.

R.I.P Jasper.

You will be sorely missed.
sorry to hear about your dog .

one of my dogs has pancreatitis too. before you put your dog down, did you try putting your dog on anti-biotics and putting him on a special diet?

We almost made the decision to put her down last year. We put her on anti-biotics and the diet like the vet told us to do and shes ok now. Before that, she was in pain, wasn't herself, would hide under my bed heaps.

Last edited by slashrox; 22nd May 2007 at 3:17 PM. Reason: removed images as quoting images are not allowed :(
slashrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 3:19 PM   #55
stmok

Had a cute guinea pig that made squeaking sounds when it needed to be fed. (It appeared in our backyward, and we looked after it for over a year.)

Attacked by neighbourhood cat, we took it to local vet...Died from injuries a few days later.

RIP: Piggie
??/??/???? - 6/2/2006
Old 22nd May 2007, 3:19 PM   #56
brettmo86

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiZZ_19 View Post
snip

sorry to hear mate.
beautiful looking dog.
brettmo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 3:22 PM   #57
DiZZ_19

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashrox View Post
sorry to hear about your dog
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashrox View Post
one of my dogs has pancreatitis too. before you put your dog down, did you try putting your dog on anti-biotics and putting him on a special diet?
Yes. We tried the special diet food from the vet and our own mix of food that was low in protein and high in fibre.
The stuff from the vet he hated, and while he ate our food for a while, he eventually rejected that too.
In the last couple of nights we offered him anything he wanted, just to try ad get him interested in food, but it was to no avail.
DiZZ_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 5:16 PM   #58
choo5
(Banned or Deleted)

R.I.P squee the rat, age about 1.5years.

had to put him down due to a tumor in his abdomen also his brother had to be put down a few weeks ago for the same reason.

still got baby king though (sniff)
choo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 8:02 PM   #59
trop

This is my one year old StaffyX "Duke", sadly he accidently run over by my sister on sunday. At least he died on impact and didn't suffer, which is something I suppose.

I'm not a regular to this part of the forums but i'm still pretty upset the accident and needed to vent somewhere.

R.I.P Little buddy.

trop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 8:30 PM   #60
choo5
(Banned or Deleted)

awww thats so sad, he was a real cutie too.

PS: my staffy booboo loves those kids seashell sandpit things filled with water too.
choo5 is offline   Reply With Quote