Search our forums with Google:

Old 22nd May 2007, 10:51 PM   #61
karnage112

Sincere condolences for both your losses DiZZ 19 and trop
karnage112 is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 23rd May 2007, 5:07 PM   #62
svendenhowser

I guess I can finally come out and say that my beloved rat Padymelon died in early May. She was my pride and joy, everyone loved her and she loved everyone! I miss her sorely still, I can't believe she's gone She had 2 operations to remove tumours late-ish last year and recovered well from all that, but now at 3.5yrs old she had had enough, she couldn't use her back legs (natural old age spinal degeneration in rats) and was havin a hard time grooming herself. But I'm glad she didn't suffer much (well at least I hope she didn't).

RIP my little Pueblo...
Old 26th May 2007, 9:04 AM   #63
spawnske
(Banned or Deleted)

I'm so sorry for all your loss's. This is such a sad thread. I'm dreading the day either one of my border collies pass, hopefully ill get another 8-10 years out of both of them. In all honesty, I think their both too stubborn to pass on :P.

This thread just makes you realize you shouldn't be taking your pets for granted, and make the most of the time you have with them.

How are some of you dealing with it? I know id be pretty much a hermit for a good solid few weeks. I consider myself a fairly strong person when it comes to emotion, but even the thought of losing a dog puts me into tears.
spawnske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 12:58 PM   #64
svendenhowser

I think how people deal with the death of a pet would depend on both the personality of the person and the circumstances in which the pet died. For example Padymelon was very old, I knew she was going to go very soon so the death of her wasn't so much of a sad time but a time where I knew she wouldn't have to suffer anymore. Of course it was hard to get over, I loved her very much, but I would rather her die peacefully than suffer until the very end.
Old 4th June 2007, 8:42 PM   #65
Tara Erin

My kitty Cleo passed away tonight.

She was nearly 20, older than me, so I guess she had a pretty good go of it.

My dad found her in the carpark at his work when my mum was pregnant with me. She was a tiny kitten and she followed my dad around looking pathetic until she melted his heart and he took her home, much to my mum's horror. She'd been with us ever since, except for a brief stint away from home. When our house burnt down in 1994, she disappeared for over a year. Then we rebuilt our house in the same spot, and when we had moved back in, she just turned up again, waiting indignantly at our back door, expecting to be fed.

I am sad. She was a badass cat.
Old 9th June 2007, 5:19 PM   #66
Crystal
(Banned or Deleted)

I've been expecting it for a while, but today was the day... My old mate Marlon died, he has been losing alot of weight lately and was so skinny all his ribs were sticking out and he just looked worn and old, I could tell somethign was wrong with the old boy becuase he was lethargic, the flies were hanging around him and he just wasn't himself...

actually today I was going to take him for a walk to the vet and do what was kind for him... he must have known becuase he died this morning... I'm sad that he's gone. But at the same time I'm glad he died, I could see that he was suffering and i'm glad that it's finished now.

I first met marlon a couple of years ago when he was 6, when i moved in with my BF and his parents. I always felt sorry for him because all he ever did was sit in the backyard and get no attention, so I took it upon myself to take care of him, and spoil him rotten to make up for the attention he had missed... He warmed up to me quickly and turned out to be a truly affectionate dog....

RIP Marlon, I only had a couple of years with you, but you were a fantastic dog. I'll miss you soooo much and now, a photo of my best mate

Thankyou Marlon. I really will be lonely without you

Last edited by Crystal; 9th June 2007 at 5:24 PM.
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2007, 5:21 PM   #67
Goose1981

I really need to stop coming into this thread.

I get all teary.

It really sux to lose a pet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis View Post
I am not constipated.
Goose1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2007, 9:18 PM   #68
Ze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose1981 View Post

I get all teary.

It does they are one of the family.

Goose1981 nothing wrong with getting teary over a pet dying.
Or did I? .. maybe its the truth... Who knows? Oh thats right .. only I do ... so if you dont know you shouldnt comment on it..
Ze. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 10:23 PM   #69
danyell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose1981 View Post

I get all teary.

don't stop having a look and feeling something when you drop into this thread, mate. we're all with you when it comes to getting teary as we read of peoples losses, but at the same time that it is sad, it is also good for us. i am quite sure of that.

i'm terrified of losing my black labrador, my baby boy Ollie. he helped me through a horrible breakup with my ex and has pretty much been my constant, safe and reliable mate ever since. i just hope i've given him as much as he's given me and we have each other for a long time!

this thread restores one's faith in humanity. to hear how people talk about the loss of their little buddies, well, it gets tears welling in my eyes too and they are as i write this... but it really is good to feel and experience and love and even, to go through that loss. it makes us who we are and moulds us into better human beings... human beings that can express our love, our pain, our sorrow and our empathy for others. that makes you all truly wonderful people.
danyell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2007, 8:46 PM   #70
Baringa

It is with great sadness and a very heavy heart that I post in this thread.

One of my does, Pidge, was suffering bad pneumonia. She was on a course of medication from the vet and seemed to be doing better. I discovered her tiny body a few hours ago and just sat with her in my lap, stroking the poor little face that Ill never see again.

I feel like I failed her as a ratmummy. I feel there was so much more I should have done for her... She wasnt even a year old.

Ive tried time and time again to write a fitting memorial to her, but I just cant find any words that do her justice. She was a fierce little fighter and she hung onto life with both paws for as long as she could. She was one of my first rats, and her best friend, Soap, is very forlorn and keeps looking for her in the cage. She bought so much light into my life and Im going to miss her with every beat of my heart.

So, Pidgey... I know that you cant be here for me to tell you all these things that I loved about you, but wherever you are, I hope youre safe, warm and happy. You were the naughtiest rattie I ever had, and you're the first that Ive had to say goodbye to. You'll live on in my heart until the day I can be with you again.

Goodbye my sweet, precious little girl. Ill love you always.

You always loved your meat, particularly chikkinz. This is the first time I ever gave you meat, and you snatched it like a greedy little savage:

You werent so fussed about bathtime though, and you were the only one that could ever escape the bathtub:

You even let me dress you up in little handcuffs for Valentines Day, though you protested... a lot:

Play hard at the rainbow bridge, Little one.

Love always,
Your heartbroken mummy
Baringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 1:26 AM   #71
leroyxx

Yes, a sad thread, but its nice too see as well.

Monday we lost our fighting fish, he wasnt around long, only since valentines day, but enough to make a input into our life. I brought it for my other half.. he was blue and beautiful, and lived in our lounge room. RIP Precious.
I run the FOTM Stopped Chimp Challenge Captain 2010/2011/2012 Addicted to Folding Club Member #1458
Folding@Home 80,000,000 Points Milestone Folding@Home Millionaires Club IFOTY 2011/2012
leroyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 4:52 PM   #72
Oosh

Lost all 3 of my False Siamese fish after going away for a week.

Tank got de-oxygenated, the other fish were able to gulp at the surface, but when your mouth is underneath it's obviously a bit too hard.

Sad. But to be honest if any had to go they would have been first on the list.
Old 30th July 2007, 8:35 PM   #73
Bambi_1319

sad to head.

hope he goes happy.

give him a good pat and hug
OCAU MetaL Club Member #206
Cranky_Guy Sales

(っ◕‿◕)っ
Bambi_1319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 9:37 PM   #74
Baringa

its been a few days since i lost Pidge and I still burst into tears at random moments. i really think moving interstate finished her in the end. she never recovered from the stress and she was a little skeleton when she finally passed, regardless of the medication and how hard i tried to get her to be well again

i really miss you, Pidge
Baringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2007, 8:09 AM   #75
Bambi_1319

When I was 11 my dog had to be put down.

she had kidney cancer

(she was 12)

I spent the whole night with her the night before she was even allowed to sleep on my bed (usual she slept outside).

on the day I went to my aunty's cause my mum didn't think it was a good idea I went so I gave her a hug and a pat goodbye, it was almost as if she knew.
OCAU MetaL Club Member #206
Cranky_Guy Sales

(っ◕‿◕)っ
Bambi_1319 is offline   Reply With Quote