Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Pets & Animals

Notices

Old 18th October 2007, 8:24 PM   #91
Rubberband

I'm sorry mate, looks like he was a gorgeous dog. Don't blame yourselves for him escaping.
Old 18th October 2007, 8:41 PM   #92
FantoM_CircuiT

I really feel for you. Many condolences to you.

It makes me really really sad looking at his pic

Last edited by FantoM_CircuiT; 18th October 2007 at 8:43 PM.
FantoM_CircuiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 8:57 PM   #93
_Raz_

RIP Roy.

So sorry for your loss
Old 19th October 2007, 12:29 PM   #94
Alfonzo

Well, here I am posting in this thread. My golden cocker spaniel, Cleo, was put down a little over an hour ago. She's not been the best for a while, and the vet has assured it was the humane thing to do. Poor girl, her kidneys have been getting progressively worse, she's been drinking a lot of water lately. I've woken up this morning and the spot directly to the right of my bed was wet, so I've cleaned it up. Gone out into the kitchen and the entire floor was soaked. I was informed the hallway was similar last night too. The vet examined her, and apparently she had a mass on her underside that was very suspicious too.

She was nearly 13, her birthday was the 9th of November. We drove out to Toogooloowah to pick her up at 6 weeks old. I was 10, but I remember the day perfectly because it was the same day that our air conditioning packed it in in the old Ford. So all the windows were down, and I held her with one arm. She was so small that her chest fit perfectly in the palm of my hand, and her body down my forearm.

We used to go for runs together around my old neighborhood. Of a morning she used to run and jump up on the end of my then waterbed, and because there was no inner buffers the sudden pressure on the water bladder flowed up the bed like a tidal wave and smack my head into the bed head.

She was very spoiled by me. By all of us actually.

She has followed me everywhere when I've been home. This past week I've been on leave, she has stuck to my side like glue. I'd go to the kitchen to get a cup of tea, and she'd be there with me.

My breakfast is still sitting to my right. I can't eat right now. I'm feeling shit because not only of all the memories of my now no longer best friend, but this morning until it was decided to call the vet, I was actually annoyed at her for wetting the floor and not barking to ask to be let outside. The last 3 or 4 hours together I was actually annoyed. When I realised what was happening, I came in here and sat down. I didn't go to the vet before, I couldn't.

Enough from me. I'll continue all day at this rate.

RIP Cleo. I'll miss you more than you could ever imagine.

This is Cleo snuggled up on my gym bag late September this year.

Click to view full-sized image!
Hosted by UGBox Image Store

And here she is helping me install my short shifter in my car in May.

Click to view full-sized image!
Hosted by UGBox Image Store
Alfonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 2:28 PM   #95
Deftone2k
In the Darkroom

Sorry to hear guys

RIP to you all.
Deftone2k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 5:23 PM   #96
Billabong00073

RIP the bird i just ran over after it smashed into the car infronts windscreen.
Old 19th October 2007, 5:44 PM   #97
TheLobb
(Banned or Deleted)

LOL Billabong... i have done that aswell. dumb magpies dive bombing my prado
TheLobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2007, 10:47 PM   #98
Daexkor

Alfonzo, I'm so sorry to hear about your dogs death.

I'm still not over my dog Oscar's death, he was with me since I was 9, so the gaping hole where your best four legged friend used to be in is near impossible to fill, but it does get better, you cry your heart out, mourn and cry some more.

It does get better, but you'll never forget the impact they had on your life.
Old 21st October 2007, 10:56 PM   #99
Alfonzo

Thanks mate.

I've just read about Oscar too, and I'm sorry to hear as well.

It's incredible how people say "they're just pets, get over it", and yet they don't seen to understand that a dog can live 10 + years, and really become part of the family. Things you just subconsciously do for them really stand out when they're gone, and it makes the place seem so much more empty. Each night after tea, I'd get up, take my plates over to the sink, and then go outside and get her dish to feed her. The past two nights I've gotten up, taken my plates over, and then stood blank faced in the kitchen as I figure out just what I'm supposed to do *now*.
Alfonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 1:10 PM   #100
Daexkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Alfonzo=- View Post
Thanks mate.

I've just read about Oscar too, and I'm sorry to hear as well.

It's incredible how people say "they're just pets, get over it", and yet they don't seen to understand that a dog can live 10 + years, and really become part of the family. Things you just subconsciously do for them really stand out when they're gone, and it makes the place seem so much more empty. Each night after tea, I'd get up, take my plates over to the sink, and then go outside and get her dish to feed her. The past two nights I've gotten up, taken my plates over, and then stood blank faced in the kitchen as I figure out just what I'm supposed to do *now*.
Yup, I did a similar thing when the family had gone to bed, I'd make sure Oscar was in his bed before I'd turn out the lights, for awhile there I just stood staring at where he should be.

Best mates for 10 years. Miss him like hell.
Old 22nd October 2007, 7:59 PM   #101
nap

I lost my dog too, every now and then u get reminded off your old friend whenever u do something that you use todo for it, and its pretty sad but time does heal, just wait it out.

Last edited by nap; 19th August 2008 at 12:07 AM.
nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2007, 10:45 PM   #102
Caviar

R.I.P. Beau
20/04/1992 ~ 25/10/2007

One of the family, loved by all. You will be sadly missed and fondly remembered. Rest in peace.

Old 29th October 2007, 4:32 PM   #103
Daexkor

Sorry to hear for your loss, read over the comments in this thread, it made me feel better that others had gone through the same loss and come through alright. It may help you too.
Old 28th November 2007, 4:39 PM   #104
karnage112

Lost my dog earlier this year in a car accident. Had a pup which i've been taking care of.

Came home from today, parents told me the dog was vomitting and having diarrhea in the morning. They took it to the vet, the vet recommended to put it down, as it would be in serious pain in the coming days. Not sure what happened, thought it'd just be a case of an upset stomach.

Really bummed out atm.
Loved my dog to bits.

RIP
karnage112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 6:47 PM   #105
Oosh

Very sad to hear in such a young animal.

But any idea what was causing the problems?