Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Pets & Animals

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 16th January 2008, 6:36 PM   #121
Sakura-Chan
(Banned or Deleted)

With a heavy heart I have to add my own RIP to this thread, today my beloved boy Mountain Pride *better known as Pride* was taken away into a large truck and sent off to the great big paddock in the sky...

Pride was a 28yo Draught Horse (who unfortunately I have no photos on this PC) who we owned for approx 10yrs, he was my horse and I will miss him greatly, he's been getting older and slower for a long time now and has had arthiritis in his legs and recently fell over in a ditch and was unable to stand, we'd stopped riding him approx 3yrs ago due to his age and he's just been lounging around in his paddock and after he fell over it was obvious that his back legs are causing him great pain and we had to do what was right for the old man.

Pride you had a long life, I regret greatly that I was unable to say goodbye to you due to us being in different states and I will really miss you my old friend
Sakura-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 16th January 2008, 7:48 PM   #122
Baringa

I suppose I should add my own horses to this thread.

Omega High Noon, better known as Tilly. Chestnut overo mare... was at a friends place in Nanango, and we lost touch. Died 2 years ago. Got cancer on her face and it was removed. She had an overo foal at foot when the cancer returned and claimed her.

After the foal was born, she kept trying to push it towards Sarah (our friend with her). Poor beautiful thing knew she was dying.

She died soon after from the cancer, and left the foal to be hand reared. Various companies donated milk, and then hard food when he was weaned. He is a rising 2 year old now, and was raffled off by the PHAA. A young child got him, and now shows him. I'm very happy about this.

I'd had Tilly since I was very young... The beautiful swaybacked old broodmare. I loved her to bits.

Doc Holiday. You cheeky brute. A fleabitten grey retired quarter horse. Sold for an extraordinary amount of money as a 4 year old, and by the time he was 20 he ended up with me. Opened gates frequently, and was a bastard to catch. My best mate.

Yogi Bar. Bay quarter horse, Doc's paddock mate. Ex-cutting horse. Quiet and friendly. He had nevicular disease...

Both of my beautiful boys passed away from old age.

I miss you all.
Baringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2008, 3:07 AM   #123
stenchlord

I only just noticed this thread.

A couple months back my pet ratty Jacelyx passed on. He was four and a half years old. Been with me since he was a couple weeks old. Was the best mate any person could ever have, gunna miss him licking my earlobe when he sat on my shoulder or him nudging my hand when he wanted a scratch.

I was lucky enough to get some nice shots of him when he was more active though, he loved posing for the camera and besides I prefer to remember the good times I had with him rather than the loss of not having him around.

stenchlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 9:23 PM   #124
BGrunt

Default My Mate

I lost jake on tuesday at 12:30 after a battle with lymphatic cancer he died in my hands as the vet gave him the needle , i had him for 13 yrs 4 months and he was my best friend its like im living but just going through the motions !
We put him on full chemo started on sept 14 and all was great as in december they said he was in total remmishion but in january i noticed a new growth on his neck and after a biopsy it was back with a vengence !
To be true survival of this kind of cancer is rare but i had to give him that chance and when his quality of life was gone we the family that had loved him for so many years made a decision and had him put to sleep on our property under trees my mum planted 36 yrs ago with he whole family there !
He stared into my eyes and tried to bark "not pain" he was as scared as i was but it WAS quick and it WAS painless !
Some people put a cost on a pet and debate is it worth the money , hell yeah !
I would have spent tripple what i did again and again , they trust us they rely on us they give unconditional love !
Love your pets while you have the chance as life just slips away and before you know it its gone and then its all too late !
BGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 10:39 PM   #125
MAXKNOTT

sincere sympathies mate
MAXKNOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 3:02 PM   #126
hugoti

My parent's Jack Russell Terrier died over the weekend from a snake bite (Dugite). It was a family pet for 6 years and we sadly miss her.

We knew she was a hunting dog and it has protected us many times, with one noticable incident when she started barking at an intruder one night who broke into the house while we were sleeping.

At least I know she died doing what she loved, chasing all the animals in our large backyard. At least she killed the Dugite before she died, because we have 2 very young toddlers in the house.
System Specs: Antec P180b, P35-DS3P, Q6600, 4GB Kingston DDR2 PC2-8500, HIS 1GB Radeon HD 6870 IceQX, 1x 80GB OCZ SSD, 1x 2TB WD HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung HDD, Corsair HX620W PSU, 1x Pioneer 215 DVD-R/RW, TinyTwin USB HDTV Tuner, 2x Dell 22" LCD.
Successful trades with :- C0ncrete, Zan5hin, eddigan, DoYL, chuns, Lan Addict
hugoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 9:49 PM   #127
BGrunt

Angry Re your loss

Im so sorry to hear that you lost a loved pet as well , keep them close to your heart !
I will always remember Jake hes left such a void i hope you cope better with your loss than i am !!
Old 20th February 2008, 12:28 PM   #128
yalikethat

Man I can't read this thread, makes me so sad.
Old 7th March 2008, 8:52 AM   #129
Hugh G Rection

I have a sad contribution to make to this thread

This morning, I woke up and discovered that our cat was not asleep in my lap or meowing at the door which is what usually happens in the morning. My wife questioned whether she had slept with me and I said no. Something felt wrong.

As I left our house and turned the corner, I saw a dead cat which looked like ours. I thought nothing of it until I decided to pull over and take a look. Sure enough, there was the star specked collar around the cats neck and immediately, my knees went like jelly. Guts and all spread all over the road. We have called council workers to remove her and hand her over so she can be buried next to her favourite bunnet of flowers

I got in the car and went back home. Our 7YO cat is dead. While it is not the first pet of mine to leave this world, all others have been euthanized. I found her dead and it was a disturbing site, something I was not prepared for

R.I.P Stiches. I love you
Hugh G Rection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 9:30 AM   #130
Deftone2k
In the Darkroom

Sorry to hear that mate i found my nextdoor neighbours cats twice dead on the road, its not an easy site to find let alone when you know.. or even love the animal.

Best wishes
Deftone2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 10:52 AM   #131
Hugh G Rection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftone2k View Post
Sorry to hear that mate i found my nextdoor neighbours cats twice dead on the road, its not an easy site to find let alone when you know.. or even love the animal.

Best wishes
Thanks.

I couldn't bare to have her body in the rain so I went out there with a bucket and shovel, got what I could off the road and buried her in the backyard. We will be planting beautiful flowers around her (She loved the flowers we grow) as our little reminder of her
Hugh G Rection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 4:02 PM   #132
ma77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh G Rection View Post
I have a sad contribution to make to this thread

This morning, I woke up and discovered that our cat was not asleep in my lap or meowing at the door which is what usually happens in the morning. My wife questioned whether she had slept with me and I said no. Something felt wrong.

As I left our house and turned the corner, I saw a dead cat which looked like ours. I thought nothing of it until I decided to pull over and take a look. Sure enough, there was the star specked collar around the cats neck and immediately, my knees went like jelly. Guts and all spread all over the road. We have called council workers to remove her and hand her over so she can be buried next to her favourite bunnet of flowers

I got in the car and went back home. Our 7YO cat is dead. While it is not the first pet of mine to leave this world, all others have been euthanized. I found her dead and it was a disturbing site, something I was not prepared for

R.I.P Stiches. I love you
Oh man, I remember finding my cat dead on the side of the road years ago. One of the worst things I've experienced.

I'm so sorry for your loss, my condolences.
ma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 9:47 PM   #133
TX3

My beautiful 12/13 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback (Rocky) had to be put down today due to not being a fit enough dog to undergo an operation for what was most likely bowel cancer. His excrement has been black for a few weeks and he wasn't eating anything we prepared for him, my dad was the only one present at the vet and I am sure we all felt he was suffering as he had not been the same dog for a while.

R.I.P Rocky Dog
TX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 10:16 PM   #134
inspectr

The HARDEST thing that I have ever done was to take our beloved dogs on their final walks to the vet at the end of their days - Roxie's obit appears a few posts above this one and Chein (Mr Stinky) our utterly devoted Kelpie died about 16 years ago and I still miss him and Roxie.

Our dogless home feels so empty and I sympathise with you in your loss
Folding@home 10000 club Folding@home 1Million points milestone! Succesful trades with strange, kuchster, aussie7, kent, juvenile, jtsmorris, uncyspam, DAVEY_05, Jedi Jezz, aresaid, ridewitme, kme, rickster (3), falls, FATMANTAN, AthlonBoy, Datsun1600 (3), Psychronic, commando, Jon187, chewbucca, noboundaries-au, MiniDisc, de_overfiend, jboles, terrabyte, vegetarianator, dembones, Warney, bthree and many others
inspectr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2008, 1:02 AM   #135
BGrunt

Im so sorry in realy am its hardest on those that are left !
I was going to write a more profound post but i deleted it .............. i just wanted to say i know how you all feel .