OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Pets & Animals

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 29th May 2008, 3:10 PM   #121
japes

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnamadeus View Post
i bought stuff from The Reef Shop and did not receive the item and was also refused a refund. PM me for details if you like as any more could be seen as a vendor verdict (it probably is already... sigh...).
And that's why I don't want to shop there anymore. Distributing a lot of stock with very little profits on each item means that a single problem with deliveries or malfunctions can cost them a lot of money. Looking at their prices compared to what shops buy them for wholesale, it's only ever a few dollars that they're making on each item, perhaps slightly more for the top end stuff.
japes is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 29th May 2008, 6:40 PM   #122
Grizz_li

Japes if you dont mind sharing with us, how/ where can we get good prices like you?

Never shopped at Reef before but if your item did not arrive and you legitimately paid for it, cant you take it to consumer affairs instead of just taking their answer?
Grizz_li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 6:52 PM   #123
japes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz_li View Post
Japes if you dont mind sharing with us, how/ where can we get good prices like you?
I'm just good friends with a shop owner. Need to drive 90 minutes to shop there so he treats me very well.
Old 29th May 2008, 10:05 PM   #124
Grizz_li

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Need to drive 90 minutes to shop there so he treats me very well.
90min!

And I thought driving 45min to St George was crazy. Petrols $159.9/ L tonight
Old 30th May 2008, 12:15 AM   #125
japes

Quote:
90min!
It's all highway. I'm on the Sunshine Coast, and there's only really a couple of shops up here worth even considering shopping from and they're very overpriced, and half an hour away.

90min for wholesale prices is worth it, then I can cruise around to all the other good shops in Brisbane and check everything out while I'm down there.

Saw a 2-3" Aequidens sp. 'Gold Saum' at a shop today, had a huge nuchal hump and stunning colours which is rare for them at that size. Was so tempted to buy it just to grow it up in my tank and then sell when it was a bit larger, but as a dominant fish he probably would have kicked the pants off my same-sized eartheaters.
Old 30th May 2008, 9:15 AM   #126
Stang1

Gold Saum with geos, that'd be interesting.

Beautiful fish though...
Stang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 9:30 AM   #127
Vassili

Gah, after seeing my mates breeding pair of Vieja fenestratus for the first time since they matured, Ive got the itch for big americans again ><. Stupid community tank
Vassili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 9:32 AM   #128
yoda123

Just come over to the dark side of Marine tanks.

Then you will never have enough money for anything else, thus curing your problem
yoda123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 3:52 PM   #129
johnamadeus

Quote:
Never shopped at Reef before but if your item did not arrive and you legitimately paid for it, cant you take it to consumer affairs instead of just taking their answer?
paid by credit card so trying to get money back through that.

will also look into fair trading (though they seem fairly powerless) and also lodge a fraud report to the police.

worst thing is: after my experience I found out that I'm not the first to get cheated by The Reef Shop Online (www.thereefshop.com.au)... but it just keeps on operating...

Last edited by johnamadeus; 30th May 2008 at 3:58 PM.
johnamadeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 3:52 PM   #130
Vassili

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda123 View Post
Just come over to the dark side of Marine tanks.

Then you will never have enough money for anything else, thus curing your problem
If I went marine it would be going all out on a 6' setup, and just the thought of how much that would cost makes me cringe.
Old 30th May 2008, 4:12 PM   #131
japes

Have you lodged a complaint with TNT (who they use for all of their deliveries, both express and standard + standard with insurance, their only 3 options)? Their tracking will show whether or not it was delivered. If you didn't get a TNT tracking number after your order Reefshop has done a deliberate dodgy on you.
Old 30th May 2008, 4:14 PM   #132
japes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang1 View Post
Gold Saum with geos, that'd be interesting.

Beautiful fish though...
It would work, I've seen it done. Saums are actually a lot more mild than the internet makes out due to the whole Rivulatus/Green Terror/Gold Saum mixup schamozzle.

Problem is my tanks stocking is complete minus a Panaque maccus (L104/Clown Pleco), so the risk of introducing possible diseases, or possible problems given this little saums obvious temperament problem, is unnecessary. If I had a 3-4 foot tank spare I would have snapped it up instantly.
Old 31st May 2008, 11:51 AM   #133
Grizz_li

This morning I decided the driftwood purchased from St George Aquariums had enough pre-soaking in a bucket so I decided to put it in.
Guess what, despite being a heavy piece, it would not sink.
This is a surprised as I thought a piece bought from LFS should have been treated to sink.
Anyways St George Aquariums offered a exchange/ refund if I wanted. But I just decided to tie it down to a rock with fishing line and see how I go. Maybe in a month it'll sink. I'll get some plants to cover up part of that rock.
Btw are rocks found at the beach bad to put in a tank?
It's been sitting on my balcony for over 3 years.
Any input will be appreciated once again. Thanks for reading

Last edited by Grizz_li; 31st May 2008 at 11:52 AM. Reason: pics added
Old 31st May 2008, 11:56 AM   #134
Vassili

AHHHH GOURAMI'S!
Old 31st May 2008, 12:13 PM   #135
Andres
Motor Admin

Can anyone tell me how a bolivian ram (2) would go in a planted tank? Are they diggers or get into the plants much?

They seem like they'd be a nice choice as an 'interesting cichlid' but still can go in a community tank without causing too much grief.

Last edited by Andres; 31st May 2008 at 12:15 PM.
Andres is offline   Reply With Quote