OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 7th April 2009, 8:51 AM   #16
Matt_NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion... View Post
Will there be PvP? I never got a chance to play SWG.
SWG still exists if you're looking to try it There's a free 14 day trial at www.tryswg.com

ASUS P6T SE ~ Intel i7 930 ~ Gigabyte 9800GTS ~ 6gb DDR3 RAM ~ 500gb SATA Seagate HDD ~ LiteScribe ASUS DVD-RW ~ Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Currently addicted to: Star Wars Galaxies (Obraik on Chilastra)
Matt_NZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 13th April 2009, 5:32 PM   #17
toliman

i thought they shut 50% - 90% of the servers. but, it appears there's still 25 servers up, which is good news.

perhaps initially, i think the reason why i thought it was closed, was this

http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Chapter_11,

i kept seeing it pop up on massively.com, (i.e. http://www.massively.com/2009/01/17/...wars-galaxies/ )
just like i see EVE online becoming 'sexy' and new. it's still space excel, but now, you can get brighter and bigger explosions while you grind for isk. i figure SWG is due for the same shader-riffic updates, but it won't change the gameplay. and really, if lotro is calling their updates 'books' or CoH/CoV is using 'issues', why is SWG playing with chapters/updates ...

apparently, NGE is up to chapter 11, update 8, hotfix 3
http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/p...opic_id=874381

however, all of it is not really important, it's just curious. which is good if you're still paying $150/yr for the subscription.

however, really, SWG is trash.
Gadgets Owned: Many. 2014 interests ?: Bitcoin, Star Citizen, WoW & MMO economics, PHP/MySQL apps, Unity 3D Game Development, FreeNAS RAIDZ1 on HP N54L with 20tb, iOS/Android development, SGS3/Note 3 hacks, Westone/brainwavz audio gear, Silent PCs, Watercooling, ESXi, Philosophy, Reddit, Usenet, and a fledgling fitbit / ingress user.
toliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:40 PM   #18
Matt_NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by toliman View Post
i thought they shut 50% - 90% of the servers. but, it appears there's still 25 servers up, which is good news.

perhaps initially, i think the reason why i thought it was closed, was this

http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Chapter_11,

i kept seeing it pop up on massively.com, (i.e. http://www.massively.com/2009/01/17/...wars-galaxies/ )
just like i see EVE online becoming 'sexy' and new. it's still space excel, but now, you can get brighter and bigger explosions while you grind for isk. i figure SWG is due for the same shader-riffic updates, but it won't change the gameplay. and really, if lotro is calling their updates 'books' or CoH/CoV is using 'issues', why is SWG playing with chapters/updates ...

apparently, NGE is up to chapter 11, update 8, hotfix 3
http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/p...opic_id=874381

however, all of it is not really important, it's just curious. which is good if you're still paying $150/yr for the subscription.

however, really, SWG is trash.
What part of that would make you think that SWG was closed? If you're referring to the Chapter 11 reference, it has nothing to do with bankruptcy The demolition thing refers to structures belonging to people who haven't played the game in the last year being marked to be blowen up by players which gives them credit towards rewards.

SWG certainly isn't going away any time soon and is recieving regular updates. Game Update 9 is about to go Live with some fairly big additions and Game Update 10 is around the corner with some big PvP additions. Your claim of it being trash is simply your own opinion. You're quite entitled to your opinion but it's certainly not a fact. Just like my opinion that the type of playstyle TOR is trying to be is "trash".

ASUS P6T SE ~ Intel i7 930 ~ Gigabyte 9800GTS ~ 6gb DDR3 RAM ~ 500gb SATA Seagate HDD ~ LiteScribe ASUS DVD-RW ~ Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Old 29th April 2009, 12:37 AM   #19
Lord_Sidious
(Banned or Deleted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_NZ View Post
What part of that would make you think that SWG was closed? If you're referring to the Chapter 11 reference, it has nothing to do with bankruptcy The demolition thing refers to structures belonging to people who haven't played the game in the last year being marked to be blowen up by players which gives them credit towards rewards.

SWG certainly isn't going away any time soon and is recieving regular updates. Game Update 9 is about to go Live with some fairly big additions and Game Update 10 is around the corner with some big PvP additions. Your claim of it being trash is simply your own opinion. You're quite entitled to your opinion but it's certainly not a fact. Just like my opinion that the type of playstyle TOR is trying to be is "trash".
I used to play, but found that not having any quests between 50 or 60 till 90 and grinding was the only way to lvl was real dumb.

Is that still the case, or are there quests for all lvls now?
Lord_Sidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2009, 10:44 PM   #20
Matt_NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Sidious View Post
I used to play, but found that not having any quests between 50 or 60 till 90 and grinding was the only way to lvl was real dumb.

Is that still the case, or are there quests for all lvls now?
They added a new themepark for that level range and various amounts of collections that all go along way to filling that gap. They also added XP rewards for completing terminal missions that can get you 1 level every 10 missions. Having said that, there's still going to be a bit of a grind but there's alot less of it then there used to be.

Todays Game Update actually includes a number of XP reward increases for quests and missions.

Old 1st May 2009, 6:27 AM   #21
Lord_Sidious
(Banned or Deleted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_NZ View Post
They added a new themepark for that level range and various amounts of collections that all go along way to filling that gap. They also added XP rewards for completing terminal missions that can get you 1 level every 10 missions. Having said that, there's still going to be a bit of a grind but there's alot less of it then there used to be.

Todays Game Update actually includes a number of XP reward increases for quests and missions.
Ok, sounds interesting. I might have to load her up again and give it a shot.
Lord_Sidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 2:22 PM   #22
Anathema Jones
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion... View Post
Will there be PvP?
Sith and Jedi character. You bet there will be.
I was a playing orginal SWG, one thing that I did like about it was faction points and depending on which missions you where doing, you where Empire or Rebellion.

I do hope they carry that into SW:TOR.

Would be nice if we could play Mandalorians.
Anathema Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 6:38 PM   #23
Scorpion121

Very interesting indeed, shall check it out (like I do most mmo's) when it's released. Bioware games are generally top quality and with an engaging storyline it should be a winner.
Scorpion121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 4:20 PM   #24
lang

Looking forward to this one!
lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2009, 11:09 AM   #25
El Nermo Diablo

Bounty Hoontard.....

See what I did thur?

Looking forward to this game, little bit over WoW now, especially with the WoTLK class mechanics (DK/Pally OP'edness).

Just hope they get the balance right between them. Thinking the Bounty Hunter might be fun but Ill have to resist the temptation to roll Jedi/Sith.......

-Ner
El Nermo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2009, 1:54 PM   #26
Moklaw

Cinematic from E3 looks amazing. Nothing by way of gameplay but gives you a fair idea of the quality production. One comment said they should have let Bioware do Star Wars Ep 1-3 instead of Lucas.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-star-wars/49936
Moklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 2:21 AM   #27
Dodoman

Indeed they should have. That video was badass, especially when all the sith turned on their sabers.

I WANT THIS NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Old 14th June 2009, 2:58 PM   #28
Pinkeh

the bounty hunter was hawt
ASUS P8P67 EVO | I5 2500K @ 3.3GHZ | KINGSTON HYPER FURY 2x8GB DDR3 RAM | GIGABYTE GTX 1080 G1 GAMING 8GB | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 512GB + WD CAVIAR BLACK 4X6 TB | NZXT PHANTOM FULL TOWER | 3X DELL U2311H @ 5760X1080 RESOLUTION
Pinkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2009, 2:59 PM   #29
trickma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkeh View Post
True story
trickma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2009, 3:47 PM   #30
t8y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodoman View Post
Indeed they should have. That video was badass, especially when all the sith turned on their sabers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkeh View Post
QFT

said the same to myself when it was over lol